Thread: RSR vs TLM!

• Unhelpful User

Question RSR vs TLM!

Think Visually for one second with all that we've heard about these coming attractions, which of these will be a better attraction, an example will be let's say POTC vs TT in Disney World, Now Just Think TLM vs RSR.

• Future Animator

Re: RSR vs TLM!

I wouldn't venture to say that RSR vs. TLM is a good comparison to POTC vs. TT...

I don't know what I'd choose. Both look very immersive and fairly rich in storytelling.

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

• Exec Asst to Captain E.O.

I think they'll both be great attractions with their own merits; why do we have to choose which one is 'better'? I love the Coney Island-esque ride entrance and structure they're going for with TLM, and RSR will be great when looked at visually from the water's edge (seaside cliff feel).

On the interior, Kritter has shared in another post about animatronics for both attractions, and both seem as if they'll be pretty immersive.

Anything about one being 'better' than the other may be just up to personal choice, but I'm liking the detail and theme placement being done with each so far.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

This is tough! I'm pretty much equally excited for both. TLM will be a great, immersive, well themed family attraction with sophisticated AA's. I'm sure the colors will be vibrant and I like how it starts with Scuttle beginning to tell the story of TLM and the ride is like you're experiencing his story. RSR on the other hand will be a whole new experience for Disney theme parks. Original storyline with our favorite Car characters. A new type of AA for the Cars characters and intricate dark ride scenes then the creme de la creme...the outdoor race through the hand scultped and painted 6 acres of rock landscape...in one word EPIC! RSR may rival IJA for E-Ticket experience. In the end...as much as I will love TLM, I gotta say I'm more excited RSR and will be the better of these two new great attractions.

It's really Apples and Oranges

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    this.

• Minion

Yeah you can't compare the two. Both are unique, immersive, technologically advanced attraction that will both make DCA a better park.

As of right now, I am looking forward to the TLM just because we can see lots of construction and the opening date is closer! Also, we have seen much more concept art for this attraction than RSR.

Now of course I'm excited for RSR, though! It's really going to be spectacular. Once Mermaid opens, I'm sure we'll see tons more art for RSR, so that will get me even more excited!

• Seeker of Fun

I have high hopes for both attractions. For TLM, I'm hoping for strong story-telling, a real plot that thickens throughout the attraction. For RSR, I'm hoping for something that isn't such a quick ride that you feel like, wow, I just waited 2 hours to ride that thing, that was quick! I know it will be fast, I'm just hoping for a very immersive attraction!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Yeah you can't compare the two. Both are unique, immersive, technologically advanced attraction that will both make DCA a better park.

As of right now, I am looking forward to the TLM just because we can see lots of construction and the opening date is closer! Also, we have seen much more concept art for this attraction than RSR.

Now of course I'm excited for RSR, though! It's really going to be spectacular. Once Mermaid opens, I'm sure we'll see tons more art for RSR, so that will get me even more excited!
    The whole point of a comparison is to examine the differences and deem one superior, though I do agree with your two next points I'm happy for both!
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Didn't we already have a thread on this? And like others have said, apples vs oranges
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    An easy comparison - apples win every time.

In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to RSR a lot more, but only time will tell what the actual ride experiences are like. I'm sure both will be very enjoyable, but the combo of indoor show scenes and outdoor thrills in a gorgeous setting has me drooling for RSR. TLM will be fun, I'm sure, but I'm just not quite as excited.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I'm looking foward to RSR

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!