Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: OSHA Concerns over the Matterhorn?

Case in point;might as well put lap bars on cars too. Driving your car is idk how many more time dangerous, but then they tell you ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT. I think if anything just make the seats a little more comfy, other then that don't change the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    Not to be harsh, but any adult who purposely takes off the seatbelt for the thrill (or stupidity) of it, deserves the consequence they may suffer as a result.
    This.

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    IMO, the Matterhorn is the jerkiest (most dangerous) ride at the DLR. I thought that the vehicles had already been updated during a recent refurb and am really surprised that safety conscious Disney has allowed the Matterhorn to operate in this fashion for so long. I also think that locking lap bars would make the ride more comfortable.

Thoughts?
    If this is a concern to you, it shouldn't be for much longer. The park is working on installing locking seatbelts on the new Matterhorn Bobsled vehicles. I've been in touch with one of the mechanical designers at the resort for the last couple months as they are using some of the components made by the company I work for in the design and construction of these new seatbelts.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
    Not to be harsh, but any adult who purposely takes off the seatbelt for the thrill (or stupidity) of it, deserves the consequence they may suffer as a result.
    Unfortunately we live in a sue-happy society now, and it seems the legal system is coming in on the side of that personality mentioned above (despite the fact that it is "choices" they themselves made and are really responsible for) more and more.

Personal responsibility is slowly becoming a thing of the past.

As an aside though, I guess I've learned how best to ride Matterhorn now and I brace myself in a certain way to keep the jostling around to a minimum. To be honest, I personally find Indiana Jones more irritating. Not unsafe, just excessive jostling that I don't dig.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123