Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: Frontierland Expansion/New Land?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    why have they left the hunchback theater around for so long
    Cause they make money renting it out to corporations for parties or ceremonies (like the Heritage Festival uses it for their award ceremonies)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    why have they left the hunchback theater around for so long
    Following the Hunchback of Notre Damn stage show that ran 2 years ... it's since been a hodge-podge/misc-catch-all facility for all kinds things. Most notably "Corporate Picnics" - gag!

The center roof remains .. but much of the "theater in the round" stage sets slowly made a disappearing act.

They probably figure .. until something serious gets greenlit .. might as well make use of the area with these "placeholder" ideas.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Cause they make money renting it out to corporations for parties or ceremonies (like the Heritage Festival uses it for their award ceremonies)
    Which won't last forever .. and I'm glad to hear they'll strike the area clean .. and build some rides where they belong.

This could be a cool poll expansion vs land personally I think an expansion would be better.
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

I say forget adding another land.Just expand Frontierland with Western River Expedition and Geyser Mt. in one E ticket ride.Plus Western themed shops,restaraunt maybe a Pochantas dark ride would be great.Then give Tommorowland the upgrade it needs with a Tron E ticket,Another E Ticket in Pizza Port,New 4D Wall E show for Magic Eye,and a return of an updated Peoplemover.Finish things out with a Fantasyland Dark Ride in the old motor boat lagoon area.If Disneyland did this for the 60th anniversary in 2015 that would be great.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I read the article on MiceAge, this one: Mathmagicland - MiceAge.com ,
    MrHatbox .. .this is Al's "second installment" talking about Frontierland expansion - MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...

Still looking for his first mention of it.

• Minion

How awesome that would be to see a volcano as you drive into the M&F parking!

Western River Expedition / Geyser Mountain / Discovery Bay type area added north and west of Frontierland. New mini-land based on London in northern Fantasyland (shaded blue). New oceanic land from sub lagoon north to small world (shaded aqua). New Tomorrowland (not shown).

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    How awesome that would be to see a volcano as you drive into the M&F parking!

Western River Expedition / Geyser Mountain / Discovery Bay type area added north and west of Frontierland. New mini-land based on London in northern Fantasyland (shaded blue). New oceanic land from sub lagoon north to small world (shaded aqua). New Tomorrowland (not shown).
    AWWWWE ... COOOOOOL!

Gotta love ya dude for all that work.

That's so awesome!

• Artistic integrity

BTW Mr. Hatbox ... while Al did mention Frontierland/Tomorrowland expansion 3 times now in his columns of the last 9-12 months ... what you get with "Mathmagicland" and "E Ticket to Ride" reads .. pretty much sums everything up, anyway. The third item I'm looking for .. just basically restates what he's mentioned in those 2 articles.

What all three articles seem to imply though .. is that "movement" is happening behind closed doors in WDI.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    I say forget adding another land.Just expand Frontierland with Western River Expedition and Geyser Mt. in one E ticket ride.
    That's an interesting theory/concept.

These are two rides that have had extensive development in WDI .. as they both came SO CLOSE to being a reality ... and we have seen how imagineering re-uses ideas and concepts to be reinvented into new show ideas.

Perfect case scenario - the Hyperion and Nautilus appearing in Discovery Bay in DLP.

While Tower of Terror replaced the Geyser Mountain idea.... if they took other elements from Gysr. Mtn. .. and reapplied it in a way you are implying ... could be a way to bring a thrill element to Frontierland .. while at the same time .. bring in the amazing show ideas that came out WRE.

I just don't want to see just one ride come out of that 10+ acres of land. It would be a waste.

If Discovery Bay though contained 2 large scale E Tickets PLUS other stuff ... I have big hopes more would be on those drawing boards in Glendale!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland4Eva View Post
    I say forget adding another land.Just expand Frontierland with Western River Expedition and Geyser Mt. in one E ticket ride.Plus Western themed shops,restaraunt maybe a Pochantas dark ride would be great.Then give Tommorowland the upgrade it needs with a Tron E ticket,Another E Ticket in Pizza Port,New 4D Wall E show for Magic Eye,and a return of an updated Peoplemover.Finish things out with a Fantasyland Dark Ride in the old motor boat lagoon area.If Disneyland did this for the 60th anniversary in 2015 that would be great.
    i think we'll be lucky to get Tron in tomorrowland and WRE (or other e ticket) by 2015. I think they might go all out with new attractions for the 75th anniversary in 2030. but I'd also add to this list either a real show in the Fantasyland Theater or a new sub-village in Fantasyland being themed to Paris (could include Tangled, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12