Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Forgotten Spirit

Frontierland Expansion/New Land?

I read the article on MiceAge, this one: Mathmagicland - MiceAge.com , and I'm under the impression that Frontierland is getting an expansion+ a new land to the park? I'm confused if I'm totally misreading something or if I'm right.

Can someone explain?

I fail lol

Re: Frontierland Expansion/New Land?

~
    Last edited by Alameda~Slim; 09-06-2010 at 01:44 AM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

They could:

1) Build a whole new land in the area North of Big Thunder.....Mysterious Island and Discovery Bay have been two options pushed by many Disney fanatics.

2) Build an extension to Frontierland, using land to the West of Big Thunder......Wester River Expedition is one popular idea out there.

3) Do both
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

is there enough room? i know they have the old Hunchback Theater but on the other side really is it big enough with the train tracks over there?
    follow me on twitter mrhankyjr

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I read the article on MiceAge, this one: Mathmagicland - MiceAge.com , and I'm under the impression that Frontierland is getting an expansion+ a new land to the park? I'm confused if I'm totally misreading something or if I'm right.

Can someone explain?

I fail lol
    "Mathmagicland" is figuratively speaking ... Al's "third installment" of speaking of adding more to Frontierland and Tomorrowland into the next decade.

What's go into the northern sections of Frontierland is anyone's guess. I'm hoping on an extension of Frontierland. Since the land is rather skimpy on attractions.

Use your imagination to "fill in the gaps".

From the sections of land directly west of Big Thunder (Cascade Peek area) ... going into the northern sections (Festival of Fools, BBQ restaurant) .. .and over the berm.

I began drawing a blue box .. but how far Disney would go is unknown .. so that's why it's an open line because it's a big Question Mark.

The green line - is the 7 acre parcel of land Nature's Wonderland Mine Trains consumed.
    The purple line - is the 2 acres Big Thunder takes up
    The red line - is the old 1955-1965 DLRR alignment
    The orange line is the 1966-current DLRR alignment
    The yellow box is the pocket of land the newer DLRR alignment gave.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-17-2010 at 06:52 PM.

• Senior Minion

I have very mixed feelings. In some ways I feel like a whole new land would be cool. If they did I think something with some of the feel of Discovey Bay, but I defintely don't think a copy of Myterious Island would fit well. It would be better to have a unique land that tied into FL more closely.

But Frontierland could really use an expansion, a land should really have more then one major attraction and boat rides. They have enough space that they could add a WRE-like ride, or a version of the Geyser Mountain or both. If they used any backstage space they could make room for a stunt show and a couple of smaller rides or something as well. That would give them a chance to plug in some characters. Maybe a Pocahontas dark ride and a Lone Ranger attraction or show. Plus they would still have space for a new little boomtown area with some western shops, themed experiences and a restaurant.

• Sock Puppet

from what ive seen backstage they just updated and expanded the kitchen for Big Thunder BBQ lol i doubt its going anywhere but if they remove some of the maint. shops behind pooh ( which is totally possibile) they could have a path all the way around the river and also build a couple dark rides

• Sock Puppet

oh BTW Frontierland only has 2 attractions... Big thunder RailRoad.. and.... wait for it....Shooting Range lol yup its an attraction.. the Mark Twain and columbia and everything on the river and island are considered part of NOCC Attractions (New Orleans / Critter Country)

• Artistic integrity

If Discovery Bay was built .. it would have taken up this footprint in the lighter blue box -

Someone examined the layout for Discovery Bay and created a fairly good layout plan found at the bottom of this page -

The Neverland Files: Discovery Bay

With it's two large scale attractions backstage ... the part that is currently the BBQ, and "Festival of Fools" arena .. would have been a few smaller venues.

And none of this even touched the area where Cascade Peek was.

So .. the way I see it ... I see some 10 acres or more to work with.

I'd like to see naturalistic elements that can be seen from the Mark Twain/Columbia along the river's edge .. aka Cascade Peek ... that work as "Attraction Exteriors".

I see lots of possibilities .. given the lands west of Big Thunder .. wrapping around .. going into backstage.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 08-17-2010 at 07:25 PM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by lahabiel69 View Post
    oh BTW Frontierland only has 2 attractions... Big thunder RailRoad.. and.... wait for it....Shooting Range lol yup its an attraction.. the Mark Twain and columbia and everything on the river and island are considered part of NOCC Attractions (New Orleans / Critter Country)
    Nope, you are flat out wrong.....sorry.

The link below might help you:

Frontierland | Disneyland Park

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    If Discovery Bay was built .. it would have taken up this footprint in the lighter blue box -

Someone examined the layout for Discovery Bay and created a fairly good layout plan found at the bottom of this page -

The Neverland Files: Discovery Bay
    Which means they could build Discovery Bay and still have enough room(lower part of green box) to add more to Frontierland(WRE perhaps?)

• Sock Puppet

lol well when it comes to cast members we actually dont consider any of that except the two i mentioned before lol

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lahabiel69 View Post
    I beg to differ just look at the color of the ground where everything involved with the river is. All that's in CC is the canoes
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

why have they left the hunchback theater around for so long
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Disney Fan & Musician

I would LOVE a Discovery Bay or Mysterious Island. You also have to keep in mind, if they did want to do a big expansion, they could relocate Circle D.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast