Maximizing the GCH Experience

Hi All: We have reservations in February at The Grand Californian. I've been reading varied reviews of stays there. I opted for a Park View room, since we have not stayed there yet. Some of the reviewers stated their view wasn't so great because of trees or other obstructions. Others, however had great views.

Is there a better room/floor to stay on? If so can I request a room or floor? How about requesting bunk beds for the kids? How far in advance can I make requests? Any other suggestions that would enhance our stay would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Maximizing the GCH Experience

Yfoog, I have had some similar questions. From what I have learned, the eariler you book in, the better chances you have at requesting these items at that time. It all depends on availability.

i used to work at the grand, and let me tell you my favorite view, from any level, was a 300 type room. any floor, more towards the middle is best, but those are the pool/park view rooms that look right over the pool to paradise pier. it looks great at night and i prefer that view to the grizzly view. try and request that type, but remember its all based on availability, my advice too is to try and check in early, like in the morning, it gives you the best chance to maybe have your room moved since they are usually pre-booked.

Quote Originally Posted by Narutard
    i used to work at the grand, and let me tell you my favorite view, from any level, was a 300 type room. any floor, more towards the middle is best, but those are the pool/park view rooms that look right over the pool to paradise pier. it looks great at night and i prefer that view to the grizzly view. try and request that type, but remember its all based on availability, my advice too is to try and check in early, like in the morning, it gives you the best chance to maybe have your room moved since they are usually pre-booked.
    Thanks for the info. Thats what I was looking for. I also I heard you can call ahead and pre-register? I can't remember though were I read or heard that. We also usually check in around 9:00 ish in the AM. We leave AZ at around 3:00 in the AM. That way the kids sleep on the way over. While were on the GCH topic. Do we have to pay for parking, or is that included in the package price?

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

I belive the parking is included...I could be wrong...although they always appreciate a nice tip! OH, and if you can, get the rooms with the concierge service. I know that it is more $$, but with the stuff that's available to you for free, it's totally worth it!

Self parking is free, but you should wait until after you check in to park in one of the lots. They will give you a parking pass. The hotels all have a 20 minute parking lot right in front to allow you to check in, then park. Valet parking was $12 dollars the last time I looked, but that may have gone up.

• Senior Minion

I'm wondering do you have to have the Conceirge service to have packages returned to your room from the parks? I thought I heard that you can get this service because you stay at the Disneyland Hotels only?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon
    I'm wondering do you have to have the Conceirge service to have packages returned to your room from the parks? I thought I heard that you can get this service because you stay at the Disneyland Hotels only?
    I've never heard the "concierge only" rule...as far as I know it's available to anyone staying at any of the Disneyland Hotels, but this is just a guess.

Correct, anybody staying at any of the three on property hotels can have a package sent to their hotel. The item is actually sent to the bell hop desk of the hotel. There you show the recent or paperwork the store gives you and you can collect your item. I have used the service once on an item I thought would break in my bag. They don't charge anything more to have this done.