Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Re: The Joy of Fastpass - 2010 Edition

Little Mermaid will not have Fastpass. It will load so quickly like the HM that it shouldn't need it.

Interesting. Thanks Trevor! Any idea about TSMM?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by xoDisneyLove View Post
    Interesting. Thanks Trevor! Any idea about TSMM?
    No. TSMM will definitely not get any Fastpass. There is no room for it anywhere. Plus it makes the stand by lines significantly longer, and Disney knows this.

^^Hm.. that sucks. That line is always so long. I read a rumor somewhere, cant remember where now, that with the addition of TLM, TSMM would be getting FP. I couldn't place where they would have added the machines either tho. Thanks =D

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by xoDisneyLove View Post
    ^^Hm.. that sucks. That line is always so long. I read a rumor somewhere, cant remember where now, that with the addition of TLM, TSMM would be getting FP. I couldn't place where they would have added the machines either tho. Thanks =D
    eventually the line wont be as long. like finding nemo, it used to always be an hour and now it's usually like 20 minutes. especially now that 2 new rides are opening to take the attention off of it.

they didn't build a fp queue, much less where they'd put the machines. the whole line would have to be reconfigured. it really wont need it once it's less popular as it can load pretty fast!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

^Fastpass queues don't take a lot of room because they don't have to be that long before the merge point. Also, I don't see why people keep saying that they couldn't find the room for a handful of FP machines. That wouldn't be a challenge if they had wanted to do it.

• The Pumpkin King

Quote Originally Posted by lily23 View Post
    Thanks for saving us all a lot of time.

Wish I had checked out this thread before my recent visit. I had no idea I could hold a DCA pass at the same time as a Disneyland pass, nor did I know there is single rider for Indiana Jones. They don't go out of their way to tell you about the single rider, do they? In WDW, there are clearly marked entrance lines. Oh well, I had a ball anyway!
    Also the single rider rides are clearly marked on the disneyland park map

so I have a question about fastpasses and magic morning hours.

Do the guests who are able to take advantage of magic morning hours also have access to the fastpass machines? Or do they not distribute fastpass until the park is open for the day?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottk View Post
    so I have a question about fastpasses and magic morning hours.

Do the guests who are able to take advantage of magic morning hours also have access to the fastpass machines? Or do they not distribute fastpass until the park is open for the day?

Thanks!
    Disneyland does not turn on the fastpass machines until magic morning is over. With that said, you can "camp" the machine to get a fastpass as soon as magic morning is over.

I just wanted to get clarification on FastPass. I have the plan of getting my Star Tours FP very first thing when I enter the park on June 11th. Once that is obtained my group and I heading to Fantasyland before picking up our Space Mountain FP and Indiana Jones FP, as long as there has been a 2hr gap between StarTours FP pickup, that shouldn't be a conflict right?

Note: I have always been able to get a Star Tours and Indiana Jones FP at the same time(as of last year). That hasn't changed right?

Someone had a question about Indy Single Rider line being similar to the other single rider lines: yes, with the exception of Splash Mountain. With Splash Mountain, you don't have to talk to anyone at the front of the line first, just walk through the exit and talk to the CM at the end.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by rockcandy View Post
    Someone had a question about Indy Single Rider line being similar to the other single rider lines: yes, with the exception of Splash Mountain. With Splash Mountain, you don't have to talk to anyone at the front of the line first, just walk through the exit and talk to the CM at the end.
    when I do single rider at splash mountain it always seems to be a short short wait which is great Soarin on the other hand Oy vey!

• When Will It Return?

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    No. TSMM will definitely not get any Fastpass. There is no room for it anywhere. Plus it makes the stand by lines significantly longer, and Disney knows this.
    What Disney knows is ride capacity. There is a certain threshold below which a ride cannot sustain a FastPass system because the stand-by line wouldn't have much of a chance to move. The Subs' capacity is below this threshold, as is Midway. Unless the capacity somehow changes, which is really hard to do (see Splash Mountain), you won't be seeing FP machines at Midway.

(Side Note: Why doesn't Hollywood Studios' Midway shut down its FP machines? Because those machines are doing a really good job of getting the guests into the park at opening, and keeping them on WDW property all day long. No theme park manager worth his nametag would ever do anything to change or alter this, no matter what the original cause of it is.)

There's also a demand threshold below which FastPass isn't very effective because not enough guests enter the attraction regardless of queue. This is why Mansion only has FP machines on during holiday time. Only Haunted Mansion Holiday's demand gets above this threshold.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    I just wanted to get clarification on FastPass. I have the plan of getting my Star Tours FP very first thing when I enter the park on June 11th. Once that is obtained my group and I heading to Fantasyland before picking up our Space Mountain FP and Indiana Jones FP, as long as there has been a 2hr gap between StarTours FP pickup, that shouldn't be a conflict right?

Note: I have always been able to get a Star Tours and Indiana Jones FP at the same time(as of last year). That hasn't changed right?
    How did you get a Star Tours FastPass last year?? (In case you meant Space Mountain, there has to be the 2 hour or window opening time period first, and then you can get the other one.)

Star Tours' current FP machines are Buzz' old machines. That means they are on the DL FP network. Once you have a pass for an attraction on the DL FP network, you can't get another until 2 hours have passed, or the window on the FP you just got opens, whichever comes first. When you get the first FP, it will say when you can get another FP on that network towards the bottom, under the printed time window. What it won't say is that you're free to get a FP on another network, like the DCA FP network, whenever you want.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    He is right above. The only reason there isn't any room is because they didn't make any. Fitting in a short queue and a small footprint for machines would be the easiest part of the makeover.

• Banned User

I honestly have to say is I LOVE FP!!! Love it! I can't imagine how I done without it all that time lol. But what's so great about it is it really does organize your day better. I was at the resort this past weekend which was BUSY and I manged to ride ST 5 times (stood in standby only once), SM 3 times, Soarin, Indy, TOT, etc and out of the two days with a VERY packed park, I didnt stand in line more than 20 mins 95% of the time. The only times I stayed in a 40 minute line was once for SM and ST, because we decided to do the standby line at the end of the night. If people prioritize what they really want to do, set FP times around shows and dinner, you will rarely have to wait for most of the bigger attractions past 30 mins AS LONG as you get there early enough.

And I think Disney has the right mindset on what get FPs and what doesnt. Everyone was complaining TLM wouldnt get one, but honestly the ride clearly doesnt need it. After the initial summer rush it will be 20-30 mins on average days and 40+ mins on busier days. By night time, it drops below 20 mins on most nights. I rode it 4 times opening weekend and the longest wait was 20 mins for it. Thats because I rode it either early morning or in the later evenings. Everyone panicked about Nemo not having FP and I dont think that ride hardly gets above an hour now 4 years later. Buzz NEVER needed it! Now that ST took them over, it was 10-20 mins average all weekend. I think its peak was 30 mins I saw, which is probably more overflow from ST than anything. But practically all Saturday morning it was a 5 min wait in a busy park.

TSM sadly couldnt be helped. And yes, it has FP in WDW and the standby line is 2+ hours there with it. TSM is long (and slow) but thankfully it rarely gets beyound 60 mins at least. And it looks like TLM hasnt taken too much stress of the line either.
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-08-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast