Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Figment of my imagination

Re: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, your expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLizzy View Post

Thanks for the video link!

I'm stoked for the ride -- Little Mermaid was one of my favorites as a kid and ranks pretty high on DD's list. I hope the ride lives up to the hype and really embraces both the technology and the magic!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney

WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

Next visit - still just a wish...

Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack

I'm expecting some similar effects that were used on the Nemo Subs mixed with some other AA effects. I think it will be a good ride.
    "It all started with a mouse"

I'm expecting it to be an improvement over Pooh and Monsters, but not quite a POTC/HM/IASW.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    VERY highly detailed. This attraction will blow your socks off. No, it won't be on the scale of PoTC or HM, but who was expecting that? A solid D+ ticket for sure.

You would think, that after 43 years, they could pull something off at least as incredible as Pirates..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kae-Leah View Post
    I'm expecting it to be an improvement over Pooh and Monsters, but not quite a POTC/HM/IASW.
    Or, to say it another way; I'm expecting it to be no where near as good as POTC, but not quite as bad as Pooh and Monsters

My expectations are on the low side, but I am fully prepared to and hope that I am proved wrong
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Blew By You

I was concerned about LM being up to E ticket status before even being built. That's a lot of pressure to live up to, something like the badass Heisman winner going to have a Hall of Fame season his first year. And we know how many times that has happened. Yet I am looking forward to a solid D/D+ ticket adventure, unless Eisneresque planning went into the attraction at the last minute, then we'd be talking B ticket.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I don't think it will be as close an experience as Toad, Peter, Snow, Pinnoch, or Alice. Unfortunately it likely has the obnoxiously wide path like Roger, Pooh and Monsters (but don't count on any type of decent queue and the exterior of the building is going to be a lot less imaginative than I hoped for, ).

As for AA's, I think we'll be lucky to get anywhere near half of what Small World has and nothing superior than those, with a couple minor exception of the larger figures for Ariel and Eric, and the largest being Ursula. ( a little fearful that the larger ones won't be much different than the Monster Inc. figures )

Obviously, the music will be great.

As I mentioned before, I'm disappointed that they didn't go with suspended ride vehicles - that would have been a BIG plus. So, it's an automatic downgrade for that alone.

I'm expecting at least a C Ticket, but hoping for a D Ticket. Maybe it will be somewhere between C+ and D- Ticket status.

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    I don't think it will be as close an experience as Toad, Peter, Snow, Pinnoch, or Alice. Unfortunately it likely has the obnoxiously wide path like Roger, Pooh and Monsters...
    Keep in mind that if there's appropriate detail on the floor, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. HM, for instance, has a lot of scenes that extend a ways out. Creates a different feel, but it's not always a bad difference. It's just when the floor becomes a vast, blank surface with scenery off to each side that it gets bothersome.

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post

As for AA's, I think we'll be lucky to get anywhere near half of what Small World has and nothing superior than those, with a couple minor exception of the larger figures for Ariel and Eric, and the largest being Ursula. ( a little fearful that the larger ones won't be much different than the Monster Inc. figures )
    I think you might be surprised, in the video that I found it has a little sneaky peaky of some on the AA's. They're simple, but I would definitely say a step up from Small World.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Im hoping it will be a lot like haunted mansion as far as immersion goes. I would love to see some fiber optics and other effects that make you feel like your really under water
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

I'm anxious to see the AAs throughout the ride. I'm really excited to experience this and I hope it lives up to the billing.
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

• Banned User

I'm expecting something on par with the original Epcot Center attractions. Specifically the original Journey into Imagination. Lots of immersive theming, AA's, special effects.

If its just going to be static slightly moving figures like in the winnie the pooh ride then Disney is wasting their time.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I'll say a nice solid D ticket. The Ariel and Eric figure at end have been said by a member here to be on par with the auctioneer on POTC. Ursula, Scuttle, and I think I have heard Sebastian along with other Ariels will all be full out AA's. Way above any FL darkride. I find it so funny how everyone praises the FL dak rides and yeah they are great and have much nostlagia but with Peter Pan being an exception, none are really amazing. After riding them all today I just wondered how they would be torn apart by modern standards if built the way they are today. Static figures...cardboard cutouts...painted 2D backdrops..,figures(other than IASW) that don't move mouths and there isn't one full out AA's. Just sayin. TLM is already lightyears beyond those rides. But then again that's just my opinion

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I don't think we'll see anything on the order of POTC or even HM, the detail, the size, the length, the intricacy...

TLM is going to be short, but should be packed with great AAs and color and light and sound. I think it's going to be a suped up FantasyLand-type ride.
    I agree.
    I'm hoping they don't take shortcuts and it doesn't suck like Monsters.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Light up the HALO!

Aladdin, do you just like to be negitive. How can you say it will be less of an experience than a FL dark ride. The amount of detail in this attraction is on the level of POTC. I think the thing that will make it a D+ ticket is the length. Other than that I think it will be a phenomenal attraction. But it's in DCA so it going to suck.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I agree.
    I'm hoping they don't take shortcuts and it doesn't suck like Monsters.

To be fair, for a thrown together ride, using the exact same track as a god awful dark ride that pretty much everyone hated, Monsters INC could be a lot worse. Sure, it's not very good, but it's still better then Superstar Limo, the least successful Disney dark ride ever.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast