• Keeper of the fruit rolls

My first real trip report - August 9-12th picture heavy trip report

To celebrate my youngest siblings 7th birthday my mom bought us all summer pass plus tickets (those 3 day park hoppers) and we booked a family suite at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. We did a similar trip when the twins turned 5 but at that time we had annual passes.

Due to several unforseen circumstances (like the freezer going out the day before we were scheduled to leave!) we got a late start. We had dinner at McDonald's near home and just happened to be there when they were doing story time (who knew McD's does story time??). My family consists of my mom, myself, and my four younger siblings (Kylee is 21, Dillon is 19 and Daniel and Hannah are 7).

Eventually the six of us made it to the hotel and got checked in. Once everything was brought up from the cars Kylee, Dillon, and I left and mom tried to settle down the twins. The three of us walked across the street and through Downtown Disney District to get to the Disneyland Hotel. They have these beautiful waterfalls there we wanted to check out before they get demolished very soon for the hotel remodel. After looking around the outside areas of the hotel and taking some photos we walked back into Downtown Disney.

Unfortunatly almost all my pictures were very blurry do in part to my lack of skills as a photographer and part due to the settings on the camera being messed up.

(Apparently Dillon went into Witness Protection)

Me and Dillon looked around the Grand Californian Hotel while Kylee went off on her own to smoke or whatever. We watched Disneyland's fireworks at 9:30pm from the area where the buses takes guests to the outer lots etc. before walking back to our hotel.

On Tuesday morning we got to California Adventure just before it opened at 10am and spent the whole day there. We started the day by getting a family picture with Mickey Mouse.

Then we headed to the back of the park. Kylee and Dillon took the twins on the carousel as we waited in line for Toy Story Midway Mania. I rode with Mom and had a higher score than her. It was the first time we rode it since they updated it with characters from Toy Story 3 and changed out the Bo Peep game for the Dino game.

Hannah was cranky pretty much the entire trip. My mom says this kid has had PMS every day of her life.

Daniel always turns into a ham when a camera comes out!

My fellow micechatter (misterhenderson) was just too cool

The OTHER cranky sister. Now we know where the little one gets it

Hannah: "Can we stop taking pictures now?!" Daniel: "I'm a toy! Let's go buy a toy for me since I'm a toy!"

We saw the Alladin show that day and Turtle Talk with Crush as well as several other attractions in that park. We had our World of Color Picnic meals late in the day and saw the 9pm World of Color and pre-show from the bridge in the Blue section. We then checked out Glow Fest before mom took the kids back to the hotel. (More about the food later) I didn't take any pictures DURING the show so I could take it in better since this was our first time seeing it.

The second day was spent in Disneyland. But Dillon, Kylee and I did spend a little time in California Adventure I think. The third day was also mostly spent in Disneyland and we saw Fantasmic and from there mom took the twins home. After they left the three of us went back over to California Adventure a while and it was just as that park closed and we headed back to Disneyland to jump on a couple rides during the last hour of the park operating hours that we realized Dillon's car keys were in his duffle bag....in the van which mom had already drove home. We had to call her and she got the kids to bed and then drove all the way back to meet us back at the hotel so we could get the keys and drive home. Oops. We were all just so tired and frazzled (7 year olds are quite impatient!) no one thought about where car keys were that last morning when me and Dillon were taking the kids over to the parks while mom and Kylee packed the cars and checked out of the hotel.

Over the three days we experienced several shows/entertainment:
    At Disney California Adventure:
    World of Color at 9pm on August 10 from the bridge.
    Glow Fest a couple times
    Alladdin at I belive 3pm on August 10
    Turtle Talk with Crush

At Disneyland:
    Magical Fireworks on August 11th from a bench next to the Turkey leg cart (neither Dumbo nor Tinkerbell flew)
    Fantasmic at 9pm on August 12th (and caught the fireworks through the trees...both Tink and Dumbo flew but it is hard to see from New Orleans)
    Celebrate: A Street Party (I only saw a bit of it as I passed on the 11th. Mom, Kylee and the twins watched it on the 12th while me and Dillon went off to do some of the rides the kids don't like. )

Rides etc. we did:
    At DCA:
    Monster's Inc (me, Kylee and Dillon only)
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (once with Kylee and Dillon and a couple more times with just Dillon even though I don't really enjoy this ride. Dillon would never do this ride on previous trips)
    Muppet Vision 3-D (with Kylee and Dillon...ok this is a show not a ride)
    It's Tough to be a Bug! (with Dillon...another 3-D show..i did say "etc")
    Toy Story Midway Mania (we all did this one and then me and Kylee and Dillon did it again on the last night...it's my favorite and i'd have done it ten more times if i could)
    California Screamin' (The three of us single-rider lined this one)
    Maliboomer (Dillon got me on this one even tho I hate this more than Tower of Terror because it will be going to Yesterland next month)
    Soarin' Over California (whole family...perhaps not Kylee?)
    Grizzly River Run (me and Dillon single rider lined this and Dillon was DRENCHED!)
    Blue Sky Cellar (me and Dillon)
    Mission Tortilla Factory (me and Dillon...gotta love free food)
    The Bakery Tour (me and Dillon...fresh bread samples yum)

This was the first time me and Dillon rode this together. He thinks I'm hilarious.

When the three of us rode it together the conversation as we waited for the doors to open at the end went like this:
    Dillon: That was awesome.
    Me: I HATE this ride.
    Kylee: You're dumb.

My feet go wild, stomping, climbing up the seat or wall in front of me and a certain word that starts with the letter S and ends in the thing I want to do to whoever idea it was to get me on that stupid ride comes out of my mouth a lot!

I attempted to take a picture as mom, Dillon and the twins went by on the Mulholland Madness mini coaster but by the time the camera actually snapped it I'd given up and lowered the camera and got a manhole. Kylee said "Now I know what you REALLY think of our family"

I did actually get a couple pictures with them at least kinda in it tho!
    [ame]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN4934.jpg"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN4934.jpg[/IM[/ame]

At Disneyland:
    Main Street Cinema (just a walk in theater that currently features footage from the earliest days of Disneyland. Usually has classic Mickey cartoons...me and Dillon checked it out one night and the whole family went and checked it out the next. Daniel was mad because he wanted to see the Mickey cartoons. Fortunately he got his wish the next day when I took him to Mickey's house)
    The Disneyland Story featuring Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (me and Dillon did this right at midnight so didn't get to check out the gallery really)
    Disneyland Railroad (road as a family from New Orleans to Tommorrowland)
    Haunted Mansion (whole family did this)
    Pirates of the Caribbean (I think the whole family did this..not sure if Kylee was with us though)
    Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (I think I did this ride twice on this trip...the twins had to do it 3 or 4 times)
    Splash Mountain (we did this as a family with fastpasses and mom bought the picture)
    The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (Whole family did this together right before one of the many times Kylee went back to the hotel)
    Indiana Jones Adventure (we did this as a family. This was the first time the twins rode it and were very frightened in line. We tried once before on a previous trip and it broke down when we were in line and this time when we went to use our fastpasses the ride broke just as we got to the line so we had to come back later. The twins loved it though and had to do it again)
    Minnie's House (just me and the twins)
    Mickey's House (just me and the twins)
    Casey Jr. Circus Train (me, Dillon and the twins did this while mom went to buy them tshirts)
    It's a small world (did it as a family)
    King Arthur Carrousel (also done with the twins while mom was shopping..me and Dillon took them all over fantasyland)
    Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (me, Dillon, twins)
    Pinoccho's Daring Journey (me, Dillon, twins)
    Snow White's Scary Adventures (me, Dillon, twins)
    Pixie Hollow (me, Dillon, and the twins went to this Tinkerbell meet-and-greet while mom held a bench for fireworks)
    Autopia (me and Dillon)
    Buzz Lightear Astro Blasters (whole family..and then again as our last ride just me and Dillon before heading back to the hotel to meet mom and get the keys to head home! It was after dinner the first time and Dillon got 49th highest score of the day. He's REALLY good at that game!)
    Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (whole family)
    Captain EO (me and Dillon did this and then took mom and the twins to see it the next day)
    Space Mountain (me and Dillon. We got in, moved up a few feet to where they check your safety bar and were taken off the ride and stuck in the hallway with everyone else being removed then re boarded the ride several minutes later and rode it with no further glitches)

[ame]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN4962.jpg"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN4962.jpg[/IM[/ame]

Things I'd hoped to do and didn't get to:
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show
    Pixar Play Parade in California Adventure (have not seen it in such a long

time and it has been updated with Toy Story 3 characters)
    Main Street Vehichles (most of my family did ride the Omnibus and then the horse drawn carraige while I went to get our Indy fastpasses)
    The Disney Gallery
    Mark Twain or Columbia or the Canoes to take a trip around the river to check out the new theming details
    Enchanted Tiki room (nice 20 minutes to sit in a cool room and relax)
    Jungle Cruise (gotta love the lame jokes)
    Gadget's Go Caoster
    Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
    Monorail
    Innoventions
    Alice in Wonderland (was closed still to instal the safety rail and reopened the day AFTER our trip)
    Peter Pan's Flight
    Dumbo (been a long time since I rode this)
    Matterhorn Bobsleds (The kids got to go on this but I didn't)
    Mad Tea Party (a trip on the tea cups is nostalgic)
    Star Tours (never got a last ride on the original waaah)
    Mulholland Madness (not a huge fan of this jerky little mini-coaster but it will be closing soon for retheming)
    Silly Symphony Swings (not really a fan of the swings but I rode it when it was the Orange Stinger so curiosity of the difference makes me want to ride it)
    Mickey's Fun Wheel (not a fan of ferris wheels but its got the best views of the construction projects!)

Things I did but wanted to do again:
    World of Color

Toy Story Midway Mania
    Turtle Talk with Crush
    California Screamin'
    Tortilla Factory
    Bakery Tour
    Did I mention Toy Story??
    World of Color!!!!!!
    Lincoln preshow area (The Disneyland Story)
    Indiana Jones
    Buzz Lightyear

What I haven't talked about much is food. On the first night we ate at the
    local McDonalds before heading to Anaheim.

When you order a fish sandwhich there with "extra everything" you even get XTRA FOFPTY! I will never help Kylee order again ;
    p

The first morning there we just ate snack cakes and such that we brought with us for breakfast. We then had the picnic meals we had ordered ahead of time for lunch. Mine was the Little Squirt's Box which was a collection of snacks. It included a souvenir World of Color light up bracelet, sliced apples, string cheese, a yoplait yogurt, gold fish crackers, a confetti vanilla cupcake and a juice box. The twins had the same only chose milk for their drink. Mom, Kylee and Dillon all got the European Antipasto which had cured meats, regional cheese, pepperronicini, artichoke heart and sun-dried tomatoes,Carr's water crackers, balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil, Caprese salad skewers, fresh mozzarella and baby heirloom tomatoes, Chocolate-dipped tiramisu and a bottle of Coke. The kids options weren't bad. The cupcake tasted really fresh and all the others are prepackaged stuff that's hard to go wrong with. No one cared much for the European ones tho. Too experimental. We were all still hungry after the picnic "meals" though. They are only snack sized portions really.

Mom and the twins also had hotdogs. Kylee got something on one of her many trips back to the hotel. That evening Dillon bought some honey feta french fries from the Greek food truck that was out at the Glow Fest.

The honey was warm. The cheese was cold. He liked it until the fries got cold. I tried it but don't like the feta. Wouldn't be bad with just the honey on the fries if you eat it before it cools off.

Me and Dillon walked to McDonalds on our way back to the hotel. I was starving by that point despite having a backpack of snacks I carried and snacked throughout the day. I needed a real meal though.

On the second full day we had breakfast buffets at the resturant in the Anaheim Plaza Hotel where we stayed. We had Pizza Port for dinner. Mom and Hannah shared fetucinii think it is. Hannah calls them the white noodles. Dillon I believe had spaghetti and me and Daniel shared spaghetti and then shared another order of spaghetti. Mom and Dillon also shared a salad. Kylee joined us at the end of dinner and ate off everyones plates despite telling us she had had a footlong AND a six inch subway earlier in the day. Pizza Port is where we eat almost every trip because the kids scarf the pasta. On this day hunger caught up with us from lack of consumed calories the previous day and all the added walking we were no longer used to!

On our final day Dillon went to McDonalds for us all to pick up McDonalds and then had to go back because they'd left out our 3 orders of Cini-melts we had paid for (2 of which was what I planned to have as MY breakfast). We ended up eating dinner at Plaza Inn on Main Street after much argument with the twins. Me and Daniel shared the marinera pasta.

Some more random pics from the trip:

I don't like pictures of myself but in all fairness if I'm going to post pics of my family I gotta show me too!

[ame]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN5017.jpg"][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Skybluefusion/August%202010/DSCN5017.jpg[/IM[/ame]

I wasn't posing. I was just watching the video and Dillon saw a great pose. He's the photographer in the family!

By the time I got home it was 2am on Friday the 13th. I was exhausted and sore. I'm still exhausted and sore! But despite the pain I am trying to find a way financially to get an annual pass again. I soooo miss my happy place and so does Dillon. I do still have my Volunteer Voucher to use as a down payment but I still gotta figure out how to pay the rest and Dillon is trying to find a way to afford a pass for himself (I always had the most fun when me and Dillon are together at Disneyland!) Anyone want to donate to a great cause? What cause? CAUSE I WANT TO GO TO DISNEYLAND!

• I'm Wishing...

Re: My first real trip report - August 9-12th picture heavy trip report

Heehee! Hannah and I have the same name!
    Looks like you had a fun time!!
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Thanks for posting. It looked like a fun trip!

• Thread Killer

Nice TR! It looks like you had a lot of fun! It really gets me in the mood for my upcoming trip.

Good Trip Report!! Good to see a fellow Blink/AVA fan out there!

Soooo, what's up with the earphones?
    Monster please! Arghh! Thank You!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Looks like you and your family had a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing your vacation and your pictures with us!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Agreach2 View Post
    Good Trip Report!! Good to see a fellow Blink/AVA fan out there!

We actually met Tom Delonge on a trip a while back. I hadn't realized how tall he was until he towered over my brother who is over 6 feet. haha. Tom was super nice. He was eating at Pizza Port with his wife and kids and my mom approached him when they'd finished eating and we talked to him for a while and got a picture (tho I can't find it at this exact moment)

Quote Originally Posted by mickola View Post
    Soooo, what's up with the earphones?

They repeat "Breathe in. Breathe out." haha. Just kidding. I never the leave the house without my trusty ipod. I don't use them a ton at Disneyland since there's plenty of atmosphere music but I do use them from time to time. My friends keep teasing me they're going to give me a rapper name cuz of my headphones. My 2 obsessions are Disneyland and Darren Hayes (the singer from the band Savage Garden). You get me on either of those topics and I'll talk for hours! (Darren Hayes was last at Disneyland on May 8th of this year for his birthday btw... unfortunatly I was NOT.)