Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Disney Villains Night Club- A New Dark Ride for Hollywoodland

I am loving this! You have included ALL of my favorite villains! Someone please submit this to an imagineer!

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

INCLUDE A HEARTLESS!!!! and a nobody! they could be used as workers in the night club, or they could just wander around causing havoc! granted, they are maybe to obscure, but they could be very humorous if used correctly!
    any way man keep up the good work!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• revolutionary waltz

I definitely love the idea [and would equally love to see some concept art, at least of track layout, I'd certainly volunteer to try and help if Disneyson wasn't already on the job]. The only off note, I'd think, is what's happening to Lotso--he too is a villain, after all, and wouldn't this place be considered a hangout spot for their kind? Plus, I think it might be a little too dark--the skeletons are one thing, but an actively suffering character (who many audience members probably empathized at least remotely with) pleading for mercy might be too much? Maybe something more along the lines of them backing him into a corner to imply harm? I don't know. I do think your concept is extremely strong otherwise and I love all of the other little vignettes--especially the Croc's romantic dinner, haha. : D

Some of these effects sound like they would be really advanced for animatronics though, admittedly, haha. Where there's an idea, there must be a way though. :3

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by TwilitWings View Post
    I definitely love the idea [and would equally love to see some concept art, at least of track layout, I'd certainly volunteer to try and help if Disneyson wasn't already on the job]. The only off note, I'd think, is what's happening to Lotso--he too is a villain, after all, and wouldn't this place be considered a hangout spot for their kind? Plus, I think it might be a little too dark--the skeletons are one thing, but an actively suffering character (who many audience members probably empathized at least remotely with) pleading for mercy might be too much? Maybe something more along the lines of them backing him into a corner to imply harm? I don't know. I do think your concept is extremely strong otherwise and I love all of the other little vignettes--especially the Croc's romantic dinner, haha. : D

Some of these effects sound like they would be really advanced for animatronics though, admittedly, haha. Where there's an idea, there must be a way though. :3
    i actually think the skeletons are the most off note part of the whole ride, because the way they are described gives you the felling there in pain, and stuck that way, now granted in a lot of Disney rides there are skeletons that look like they didn’t die a painless death, but that’s in rides where the action is taking place in a somewhat realistic environment (pirates, Indiana jones) so you know those skeletons are DEAD!! In a cartoonish environment, there’s the possibility that a skeleton could be ALIVE! Actually the only strange thing about lotso is that he’s still the size of a toy, but zurg is life sized! Now I do agree that “begging for mercy” may be a bit too much, but that part was so darn funny! Any way I haven’t seen the movie yet, so I don’t know if he is truly a likeable character or not.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

~
    Last edited by Alameda~Slim; 09-06-2010 at 01:36 AM.

• revolutionary waltz

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    i actually think the skeletons are the most off note part of the whole ride, because the way they are described gives you the felling there in pain, and stuck that way, now granted in a lot of Disney rides there are skeletons that look like they didn’t die a painless death, but that’s in rides where the action is taking place in a somewhat realistic environment (pirates, Indiana jones) so you know those skeletons are DEAD!! In a cartoonish environment, there’s the possibility that a skeleton could be ALIVE! Actually the only strange thing about lotso is that he’s still the size of a toy, but zurg is life sized! Now I do agree that “begging for mercy” may be a bit too much, but that part was so darn funny! Any way I haven’t seen the movie yet, so I don’t know if he is truly a likeable character or not.
    I agree that the description of the "welcome" sign seems particularly--gruesome? But in application, I guess I envisioned it more in the sense of one of the Pirates skeletons who have far more neutral expressions.

Lotso himself isn't a great guy [see: villain, through and through], but he's not fully unsympathetic either. I mean, I see his and the hyenas' scene in comparison with the scene featuring Cruella/Big Bad Wolf/Queen of Hearts--they're also arguing over killing another character, but the Big Bad Wolf is "not amused" versus terrified. It's still a scene with dark humor, but it's also much more in character with the rest of the scenes which are all fairly "humorous" in tone. I guess I feel the problem with the Lotso scene is that it's a voiced, recognizable character that's in pain. It's not a personified honey pot or a generic skeleton, but something with a history? I don't know.

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    INCLUDE A HEARTLESS!!!! and a nobody! they could be used as workers in the night club, or they could just wander around causing havoc! granted, they are maybe to obscure, but they could be very humorous if used correctly!
    any way man keep up the good work!
    this could this could lower the need for KH in the parks, even if its a tiny Shadow
    as being a KH fan myself I say to this.....good idea!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• It's a dead man's party!

Love the idea, minus the riding in a garbage can aspect. I'd more for that '33 Buick.

Keep on posting! Love that you included Brom Bones. I always wanted a Sleepy Hollow ride.
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

Here's some concept art for the attraction, OKed by MEW himself!

Facade

Trash Can Load

Safety/ClubMouth
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

• Minion

I'm trying to do a satellite image showing where a show building could go but its not looking good lol

• I'm a Lutheran

Wow, thanks for all the feedback guys!

As I said it is rough, and needs A LOT of work, so I will be tweaking some stuff soon.

BTW, I'm going to get rid of the welcome sign, the skull with the candle jammed in its mouth, and the shark and barracuda (Who will be replaced) scene. Lotso will probably be removed and a few other scenes will also be changed up a bit.

Also I'm going to go with the old gangster-car vehicle shown a few posts above instead of the garbage can. The garbage can was just a random thought, lol. So just picture a car (As posted by Alameda Slim above) in place of the trash cans seen in the concept art.

As for the skeletons. As said before the one inside the club will be removed and replaced by something else that's less "gruesome." The skeletons on the outside of the building however will remain. To remove the feeling of pain seen on their faces, they will just be given the expression of the ones seen in the "Skeleton Dance" to give them that "villain" kind of feel.

Special thanks to Disneyson for the AWESOME artwork. I really liked the owl cameo above the entrance.

So the next time I share an update it will feature a more thorough overview (With dialogue!) and the scenes that haven't been posted yet, including the kitchen scene (With appearances by the Horned King, the Evil Queen, Brer Fox, and the Coachman). And don't forget about the grand finale (Nothing revealed about that yet!)!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• ironically Otaku

yes! i was beginning to worry that you had forgotten about this project! thank you for taking my advise and getting rid of the welcome sign!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• I'm a Lutheran

Holy crud, I forgot about this...seriously, lol. Just kidding, I'll get back to work on it today. Hopefully people will see it again! Sorry for taking so long to resume my work...

Now where was I...ah yes, I was going to give a more thorough and revised overview of the attraction, complete with dialogue and minute details (Is that what you call them? If not I'll just call them minute details). And of course I've axed a few things, including the welcome sign, skeleton expressions, and trash cans. I hope you all enjoy!

OUR ADVENTURE begins on the streets of Hollywoodland, a land that is quite literally the modern-day representation of the Hollywood that "never was." The Hollywood that everyone dreams about but never really finds...if that makes any sense...Nonetheless our adventure begins on the streets of the Hollywood that never was. A magical land full of swimming pools and movie stars! You must always expect the unexpected here, you never know when you might run into such a celebrity as Zero Mostel, Olivia de Havilland, Buster Keaton, or Judy Garland! And who knows...you might become a big star yourself!

But that's not what we're here for. No, we're here for something entirely different. For the past few days we've been hearing rave reviews and advertisements all over the place speaking of a new night club found at a near-dead-end street in Hollywoodland, the so-called "Disney Villain Night Club." Bit of a curious title if you ask me...but we're both brave enough to visit this night club and whatever possible dangers lie inside. It sounds like too much fun of an offer to ignore it!

Using our trusty map of California Adventure, we make our way to Hollywoodland and into this so-called dead-end, home to a weird-stage-thing, a fountain representing Mickey Mouse himself (Reenacting a scene from "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" of Fantasia), and the home of the critically-acclaimed show, Muppet*Vision 3D. But our destination is obviously none of these. Our destination is right across from our standing point...a big pueblo deco building in the style of the nearby Hollywood Tower Hotel, only in a much lighter-shade of color. But there's something amiss about this building. Perhaps it's the fact that it's engraved with giant statues of skeletons, owls, and cats, all of them very reminiscent of The Skeleton Dance, yet matching the same color of shading as the building. Each skeleton with the same monotone expression act as support-pillars, each one appearing to hold up the building, while standing upon the carvings of gravestones beneath them (Each grave has an epitaph dedicated in tribute to the Imagineers in charge). Black lampposts utilizing gas lanterns line the exterior while rather jazzy and somewhat upbeat music fills the air (Which coincidentally is also from The Skeleton Dance).

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGEogxp9fUA]YouTube - The Skeleton Dance[/ame]

Towering above the center of the building is an ornate clock tower, it's massive clock perpetually stuck on "13", a black widow spider embroidered a few feet below, front and center. This MUST be the place we're looking for...but definitely not the droids we're looking for (Sorry for the Storm Trooper dialogue reference, lol). The entrance can be found to the right-hand-bottom corner of the building, a large black sign resting above the opened doorway. In eerie orange lettering read the words The Disney Villain Night Club. Above it rests the engraved sculpture of a stern owl. We step inside, ready for our adventure to begin.

Rather than stepping into what we would expect to be a night club, we find ourselves in a dark outdoor alley...in the shady backstreet's of Hollywoodland...Towering and foreboding buildings (With personified windows hosting stern eyeballs, a la Toontown) look down upon us, while brown-wooden picket fences line the cobblestone path, some with wanted posters for various villains slapped upon them. Street lights provide us with some dim light while the Hollywood skyline appears in the horizon, looming beneath the crisp and star-filled night sky. Sirens blare in the distance while we slowly make our way through the alleyways.

Humorous (And seldom-heard) conversations can be heard coming from within certain buildings while we pass. One particular conversation is rather bizarre and presumably held between two mad scientist assistants. The window they are heard conversing from behind reads "Hollywoodland Center of Brain Studies and Neurology." I think we can figure out what they're talking about and what they're doing...after all they are made scientist assistants. "You fool put that back!" "What's the matter with it?" "He said get a BRAIN, not a DRAIN! Now put that darned thing back in the sink where it belongs!" "But I didn't get it from the sink." "Then where did you get it?" "I got it from the toilet!" "You bumbling idiot! Just wait until I tell the doctor about you! He will be most unpleased with your stupidity. And wipe that foolish smile off your face!" "Yes sir..." "Now let's find that brain..." And so on so forth.

After a few more minutes of wandering through the alleyway, we make our way into a more open-spaced area, which is rather shady and the home to a few trash cans, a fence, another wanted poster, some dim lights, and a heavily locked-up door across the way (No joke, it has padlocks, chains, combination locks, numerous keyholes, a "GO AWAY" and "NO SOLICITATION" sign, and even ropes wrapped around the several doorknobs and latches. Do you think those inside are a bit scared of the outside world?

It is here where we find quite a gangster-like sight.

Cars very similar to the one seen above (Albeit roofless, smaller, and darker in color) rolling into the alley with smooth stealth and picking up and loading fellow passengers. Judging by the amount of cars we see, we will also be boarding one of these cars. Cool! With much excitement we hop inside the car (Four to a car) and prepare for a journey to what hopefully may be the long-awaited night club! A lap-bar goes down and we swiftly pull out of the area, making a sharp turn to the left with a shrill screeching of tires, driving off into the dark.

Awaiting us are two familiar foes: The vultures seen before the final drop on Splash Mountain, both looking as grim and macabre as usual with their folded gloved wings, and large stove-pipe top hats. One sits on a trash can lid while the other perches itself upon a wall-hanging light.

Trash Can Vulture: Time to be turning around...
    Light Vulture: If only you could!
    Trash Can Vulture: For a safe drive I recommend that you remain seated at all times, keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the car.
    Light Vulture: Yes...and no flash pictures or smoking, you wouldn't want to upset the other drivers now would you?

With these words of "friendly" warning in mind we progress straight forward facing a monstrous set of doors. But this is no ordinary set of doors. No...this set of doors is very Muppet-like. You see it has big Muppet-eyes and "fanged-teeth" lining the doorway. It's eyes watch us as we come closer and closer. The second we approach it, the doors part (A la classic Fantasyland dark rides) and allow us to pass through.

More to come!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• ironically Otaku

yes! you updated again! any way, love your redesign! you can tell that its the Disney villains night club from the moment that you walk in, but you still have a suspenseful build up to the night club that is created by the exterior, waiting area, and loading area. LOVE THE VULTURES IN TOP HATS! that's actually pretty funny, in a strange way it sets the mood for the rest of the ride.
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Who are you again?

Vultures....in Top Hats....
    The hilarity goes on
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast