Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Future Skipper

Re: Disney Villains Night Club- A New Dark Ride for Hollywoodland

I think an appearance by Mortimor Mouse could be funny.

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the feedback everyone! And the vultures are the work of Marc Davis, not myself. I just included them because they're kind of villains, and I thought they'd be perfect for the part. Their counterparts can be found on Splash Mountain respectively.

Anyways where we last left off our vehicle was entering the presumed entrance to the night club, a set of Muppet monster-like doors.

Jazzy yet demented music faintly fills the air as we pull into a dark and dusty lobby. A few dim lights strung with cobwebs make their mark around the room as we pull through the opened doors. Suddenly we are greeted with a scare: A loud snort from the gorilla Bongo, of Who Framed Roger Rabbit fame. Wiping something nasty away from his nose he outstretches his hairy arm and grunts "RIGHT THIS WAY." Our car cautiously moves along and away from the great ape, shortly after passing a portrait of the night club's owner: Pete. The proud fiend sits in his magnificent painting (Labeled "OUR FOUNDER"), hosting an unpleasant smile with a cigar stuck in between his teeth. There's something a bit animated about this portrait...not only does the cigar in his mouth smoke, but his eyes seem to follow our every move...hmm...

Taking us by surprise we suddenly burst through a set of doors where the demented music is now LOUD and clear. The first thing to greet us? A smiling skeleton holding a crude sign broken into the shape of an arrow (Pointing left). In letters made from small bones are the words we've been waiting to see: "WELCOME TO THE DISNEY VILLAIN NIGHT CLUB." The smile of this grim grinning skeleton sets the somewhat upbeat tone for this rather macabre environment.

Making a turn to the left, we stop before entering the main portion of the night club. Before us is a table where a simple and innocent game of "go-fish" is being held amongst several nasty characters: Oogie Boogie, Emperor Zurg, and Iago. "Got any queens?" Iago asks. "Go fish," Zurg replies (His massive gun at hand). "Got any queens?" Oogie asks Iago. "What?!? Not again! You useless, worthless beanbag! You're a dang cheater! That's what you are!" "They don't call me a gambling bogeyman for nothing! And I don't play fair..." Zurg is visibly upset by the conversation between Oogie and Iago and decides to do something about it. He immediately roars in anger and raises his activated-gun, poising it high in the air. "AH! DESTROY ALL CHEATERS! DESTROY ALL CHEATERS!" Aiming his gun at us he unleashes a massive smoke ball (Ala Temple of the Crystal Skull and Mystic Manor) which knocks our car backwards and into the main night club with a mighty gust of wind. We're now about to enter what might just be the most elaborate scene in the entire park.

Our car peels out into a gloomy yet happy atmosphere (Purplish-blue in color), the main portion of the night club, which is quite literally overflowing with Disney villains. All the notorious baddies converse with one another while music blares into the air. Some dance while others feast. Some just sit around looking "cool." But nonetheless there is so much going on here that it'd be hard to cover everything we see one piece at a time. To save time, I'm going to just cover the whole thing all at once. It also goes by REALLY fast, so don't think it will take TOO long.

The focal point of this scene is a large stage to the center of the room, home to the "Seven Deadly Sins," the club's resident house band. The jazzy group (Each member dons sunglasses) consists of a Pink Elephant on the trombone (Its trunk respectively), Scary Teddy (The vampire teddy bear from Nightmare wildly playing the honky tonk piano, a cackling hyena playing a rib cage with two little bones, Randall Bogs playing the saxophone (Which has angry eyes), Uncle Deadly (The "Phantom of the Muppet Show") as the surprisingly impressive lead vocalist, a very uncomfortable and crammed-in tyrannosaur (From "Rite of Spring") playing the drums, and last but not least...one of Maleficent's goons playing the trumpet, thrown into the air with wide eyes as a result of the trumpet's wind-strength in comparison to his tiny body. The band performs such jazzy and eerie songs as "Grim Grinning Ghosts," "Heffalumps and Woozles," "Pink Elephants on Parade," "Poor Unfortunate Souls," "Oogie Boogie's Song," "The Headless Horseman," and "The Ugly Song," a song that hasn't really been heard or seen since the Muppet Show. One other song is rather out-of-place, yet oh so right. "The Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2," brought to you in a demented and crazy tone.

Such other sights in the club include Gaston juggling eggs (And repeatedly hitting LeFou in the face with his arms) to the amazement of the infatuated ugly stepsisters and the jealousy of a pouting Bram Bones, a very solemn Frollo drinking a martini and unaware of Lock, Shock, and Barrel about to dump a box of scorpions on his head from behind, Kaa attempting to hypnotize an angry Brer Bear who in turn whacks him on the head with his club, Jafar drinking tea (In a little pink teacup) with Hades, Facilier, and Mortimer Mouse (They all toast to villainy), Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed cackling at a nearby predicament: Scar and Shere Khan covered in bandages from their previous adventures and pathetically lap milk from tiny milk dishes, a step down from their once terrifying standing as villains.

Other sights include a romantic dinner between Madame Mim (In crocodile form) and the crocodile from Peter Pan looking into one another's eyes lovingly while holding hands, enjoying a dinner of skeletal fish by candlelight. An near-petrified Captain Hook shakes wildly in Mr. Smee's arms nearby, terrified of the prospect of two crocodiles coming after him (Although they're not) instead of one. The Big Bad Wolf appears in a booth, looking rather unamused and bored at the argument taking place before him. Cruella and the Queen of Hearts are trying to decide what the wolf's fate is. The Queen argues that they should cut off his head as he tried to steal her prized-pigs...while Cruella on the other hand argues that he should be skinned and turned into a lovely fur coat...nearby Prince John and Sir Hiss converse at a booth near a curtained-window. Something taps on the window from outside. "Who could that be?" Sir Hiss pulls aside the curtains to reveal the giant grinning face of Chernabog staring inside. In turn Prince John shrieks and turns to his thumb for comfort. In the center of the room a female Heffalump and male Woozle share a romantic dinner of honey (The personified honey jar shaking in fright). The Heffalump drinks the honey through her nose while the Woozle drinks through a straw.

One of the very last sights is a villainous parody of that famous scene from Lady and the Tramp. Two Muppet monsters are sharing a romantic spaghetti dinner by candlelight: Mean Mama (A big dog-like creature wearing lipstick and eyeshadow) and the Luncheon Counter Monster (Just a weird fury thing with small horns). Slowly but surely they latch onto the same noodle and begin munching away on it, getting closer and closer to each other's lips. They close their eyes and smile. A kiss is about to happen! NOM NOM NOM! Well...my mistake...rather than kissing each other, Mean Mama just went straight ahead and devoured good ole' Luncheon...Well that's a Muppet monster for you!

Leaving the dance-floor and restaurant area behind us, we head towards a set of doors leading into the kitchen, the door appropriately labeled: "KITCHEN: AUTHORIZED FIENDS ONLY!"
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I'm a Lutheran

Before this thread "dies," I think now is the time to post the kitchen scene!

With the music now behind us, we burst through the kitchen doors and enter your-not-so-typical kitchen.

Mysterious B-Movie-like music plays as a blanket of unhealthy green fog creates a haze above our heads, while green-eyed rats glare at us from the shadows, the pattering of their feet and squealing of their mouths echoing from cupboard to cupboard and wall to wall.

An oven-like contraption (Which appears to have a face) suddenly opens its "mouth" and scares us off with a blast of white-hot flame, laughing robotic-ally and manically at the same time. Some scary silverware and pots and pans hang from the ceiling and stare down at us angrily while a jack-o-lantern resting in a pumpkin pie cackles at us from across the way (It uses the same laugh the hyenas make in "it's a small world"). We proceed to slow down and swerve around a giant black cauldron. Here we see the infamous Horned King stirring the disgusting green liquid inside with a wooden spoon, wearing a chef's hat (His horns ripping through it) and a filthy white apron reading "KISS THE CREEP" rather than "KISS THE COOK." All the while he ironically and merrily hums a cheerful rendition of "Whistle While You Work." Jumping out from behind us we are greeted by a shocking surprise: The Evil Queen from Snow White in her hag form...holding an apple. "Apple deary?" With a maniacal cackle we quickly speed up and make a left, passing even more kitchen antics. Several Heartless (Just the regular grunts) dressed up as waiters and waitresses try to avoid our swerving car as they hold up platters, dishes, and silverware in hopes of saving them from falling. One has jumped on top of the lighting fixture above, shouting in gibberish and wagging his fist at us. Passing two waiters in each others' arms we pass two more scenes before getting out of this dump.

The Weasels from Who Framed Roger Rabbit appear up ahead, preparing what seems to be their famous Dip. Who eats Dip I don't know, especially when a good portion of the customers are toons themselves. Psycho insanely laughs as the other weasels fight over who puts in what ingredients in what order. The cigar-smoking weasel (Whose name crosses my mind) leans unsteadily on a ladder, nearly about to fall into his own creation. Right across the way we find Brer Fox (Wearing a chef hat and apron), with his hatchet at one hand and an upside-down cook book in the other, reading "HOW TO COOK CHICKEN." Why chicken? Well a nearby broken-open crate reads "BRER RABBIT." The window behind Brer Fox features broken glass in the silhouette of Brer Rabbit. I think you can figure out what happened here.

Leaving the kitchen behind we sharply turn to the right and enter...the manager's office...

More to come!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• I'm a Lutheran

Hello? Somehow or another all my threads die, lol.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Hello? Somehow or another all my threads die, lol.
    NO THEY DON'T!!!!! your to brilliant to let that happen!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Minion

ur not gonna do more? its a really great idea by the way.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

we believe in you man eating wreath!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the kind words! And yes I will continue with it.

As of right now I kind of have a bit of writer's block. However I will tell you what the next portion of the attraction deals with: An epic battle between good and evil. But that's about all I'm going to say.

This sounds like a great idea and an appropriate theme for the area. There is 3D simulation software available that would let you develop this idea further and create a ride-through video to show others.

I always wanted to see a "Twilight Zone" Restaurant somewhere in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area. Everything inside a 50's style diner is black and white (except of course, the food and the people). Build it next to the ride.

Unfortunately, any idea (for a new ride or even for just an operational change in the Parks) that is submitted to Disney will be returned to you with a polite letter explaining that they didn't read your suggestion and that they don't ever accept ideas from outside the organization. Guess it's a legal thing. The only suggestions they accept are from their own cast members.

• revolutionary waltz

I love the new and improved version of the ride! Heartless waiters do sound quite adorable--especially with the soldier's/shadow's distinctive ways of walking/traveling. Keep the ideas coming. :]

• Who are you again?

When you said the Heartless were going to be waiters, my mind started to think what Shadow's and Soldier's would look like,
    let's just say the result made me fall on the floor laughing
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Pumpkin Dragon

I lawl at the Horned King cooking but would'nt the Old Hag be better because she made the apple and the Horned King scare us to death?

I got a feeling that Maleficent is the manager because I did'nt see her anywhere. Or the Evil Queen or Both! :O
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

• I'm a Lutheran

Thanks for the feedback!

I debated on who should be at the cauldron. Unfortunately BOTH villains use a cauldron for different reasons, so I figure since the Horned King is from a film with "cauldron" in the title he should be using one. The Evil Queen was VERY close to getting the role.

The next scene is the manager's office which will include an appearance by Pete, Maleficent, and Mickey. You may have guessed it, but there is going to be an epic battle scene to make the ride's finale. And of course there will be a happy ending involved.

• I'm a Lutheran

Bump.

Update coming soon.

• Down Pluto!

oh...

I thought you meant a REAL nightclub. I'd love to have a Bloody Mary with Chernabog, or a Zombie with Ursula... THAT would be awesome.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast