Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• I'm a Lutheran

Red Face Disney Villains Night Club- A New Dark Ride for Hollywoodland

This is an idea that's been in the back of my head for quite sometime now. I finally decided to pull it out of my brain's bowels and revive it for your enjoyment!

The attraction I have designed is a trackless e-ticket (If not a d-ticket) dark ride meant as a replacement for Monsters, Inc. AND a small chunk of the hub. Because of this it will have to expand across the park's border and into a small portion of the hub, as mentioned. The show building will be somewhat large as the attraction inside is pretty big and elaborate.

The exterior of the attraction will be somewhat foreboding yet somehow serene. It will follow the same architecture as the Tower of Terror, the Pueblo Deco manner. However a new feature will be added. Statues of skeletons (Resembling those seen in The Skeleton Dance) "holding up" the building as support beams. Of course they aren't really doing that and are located in between pillars. Each has a distinct facial expression, either a face of agony, enjoyment, or fear. A large clock perpetually stuck on "13" rests on a small tower located to the very center of the building.

The immersive touch of the new attraction begins the second guests enter. Rather than ending up inside the building seen from they outside, they have suddenly been transported into a dark back alley of Hollywoodland, very similar to the one used as the entrance to the Ink and Paint Club in Who Framed Roger Rabbit? One can hear sirens in the distance and catch a glimpse of the city's skyline, with the lights of the windows illuminating the air. We often pass tin trash cans, and hear the occasional screeching of an upset cat or barking dog. Conversations between gangsters and shady figures (The conversations are mostly humorous) can be heard coming from within the nearby buildings. We have entered the dark side of Hollywoodland, rarely seen by the public eye.

Eventually we make our way into a more open-air alleyway, the loading area. A wooden picket fence lies to the north, decorated with wanted posters for surprisingly enough, Disney villains. Strangely enough, dented and aging trash cans roll into the alleyway, loading and unloading passengers! Quite a bizarre sight. After a few seconds or minutes of waiting we make our way into one of the cans, four to each. Once locked in we cruise away from the alley and make a sharp left behind a wall, stopping before two buzzards...but not just any buzzards...the two seen in Splash Mountain before the final drop. As of right now I can't really think of any dialogue for them. So basically you probably guessed this, the vultures will gives guests a safety spiel. Afterwards the cans make a right and proceed towards a large set of doors that strangely resemble a large mouth with fangs. Above it rests two angry, Muppet-like eyes that watch us come towards them.

More to come.

If this creation is well-received by the MiceChat public, then my next project to be shared will be released sometime soon.

More to come once again!
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Banned User

Re: Disney Villains Night Club- A New Dark Ride for Hollywoodland

So far so good...you've got me interested...I want to hear more.
    Also, got any concept art for this??

I love this! I just hope that the villains appear soon! (If you don't wanna, can I do the concept art?)
    Do do do do do do dodododododo!

-My Electrical Parade Impersonation

~
    Last edited by Alameda~Slim; 09-06-2010 at 01:37 AM.

• Disney Fanatic

Sounds good so far.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I'm already in line! I have been wondering how to include these terrific characters into a Disney Park. I never even pondered a nightclub. Sounds excellent.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

I am interested indeed, and love the skeleton dance characters...very interested to hear the rest
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Wilderness Explorer

Personally I can't wait to hear more, so far the queue itself sounds cool and immersive.
    I think I need to read more, but right now this sounds like a really cool concept for a Villains show. You enter through some sketchy alleyway and it's an actual Villain's nightclub... that'd be cool.
    But this is your ride, not mine. Please, continue, I can't wait to read how the rest of the ride goes.

I hope you'll be ready for feedback!
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• I'm a Lutheran

Wow, I didn't expect this awesome response! I suppose that I better continue then! (Feel free to do the concept art Disneyson)

Where we last left off we were in our can and about to enter the Muppet monster-like door. Jazzy yet demented music fills the air (Coming from behind the door) as we slowly approach it. The doors swing open (Ala the classic Fantasyland dark rides where you go through a "wall") and are greeted by a sudden scare. The gorilla bodyguard formerly employed at the Ink and Paint Club. The great ape snorts at us and wipes something disgusting away from his nose as he welcomes us to the club. "Right this way" he groans, gesturing to the right. Our cans turn right and we pass a painted portrait of Pete, the greedy owner of the club. This portrait is a bit odd and seems rather animated. The cigar in his mouth appears to be smoking and his eyes follow our every move. A bit curious if you ask me...

Turning left, we go through another set of doors, the music from earlier now heard LOUD and clear. A skeleton (Seemingly terrified) with a candle jammed through its body and into its mouth (Causing any holes in its head to glow) holds a crude wooden-sign reading "Welcome to the Villain's Lair," in blood-red letters. Maleficent's raven is perched a top the skull, seeming to smile at us.

Before we go any further into the club we stop before a table where a game of "go-fish" is taking place amongst some nasty characters: Oogie Boogie, Iago, and Zurg. "Got any queens?" Iago asks. "Go fish," Zurg replies. "Got any queens?" Oogie asks Iago. "What?!? Not again! You useless, worthless beanbag! You're a dang cheater! That's what you are!" "They don't call me a gambling bogeyman for nothing! And I don't play fair..." Zurg is upset by the conversation between Oogie and Iago and decides to do something about it. He immediately roars in anger and raises his activated-gun, poising it high in the air. "AH! DESTROY ALL CHEATERS! DESTROY ALL CHEATERS!" Aiming his gun at us he unleashes a massive smoke ball (Ala Temple of the Crystal Skull and Mystic Manor) which knocks our trash can backwards and into the main night club with a mighty gust of wind. What we see next is perhaps one of the most elaborate scenes in the entire park.

A swinging and gloomy atmosphere (Purplish-blue in tone) devours us, filled with some of Disney's most notorious characters, all in animatronic form. There is so much going on in this scene that it'd be nearly impossible to describe it all in the order that you see it. To save time I'm just going to cover all the characters and scenes seen inside. The vehicles are constantly spinning around the room, treating guests to each of the different sights.

The focal point of this scene is a large stage to the center of the room, home to the "Seven Deadly Sins," the club's house band. The jazzy band (Each member dons sunglasses) consists of a Pink Elephant on the trombone (Its nose), Scary Teddy (The vampire teddy bear from Nightmare wildly playing the honky tonk piano, a cackling hyena playing a rib cage with two little bones, a Randall Bogs playing the saxophone (Which has angry eyes), Uncle Deadly (The "Phantom of the Muppet Show") as the impressive lead vocalist, a very uncomfortable and crammed tyrannosaur (From "Rite of Spring") playing the drums, and last but not least...one of Maleficent's goons playing the trumpet, thrown into the air with wide eyes by the trumpet's wind-strength. The band performs such jazzy and eerie renditions as "Grim Grinning Ghosts," "Heffalumps on Woozles," "Pink Elephants on Parade," "Poor Unfortunate Souls," "Oogie Boogie's Song," "The Headless Horseman," and "The Ugly Song," a song that hasn't really been seen since the Muppet Show.

Other sights in the room include Gaston juggling eggs (And hitting LeFou repeatedly with his arms) to the amazement of the infatuated-ugly stepsisters (Bram Bones watching jealously in the corner), a very solemn Frollo drinking a martini and unaware of Lock, Shock, and Barrel about to dump a box of scorpions onto his head from behind his booth, Kaa attempting to hypnotize Brer Bear who in turn whacks him on the head with his club, and Jafar chatting with Hades over tea (Served in little tiny cups). Shenzi and Banzai have gotten into a high-stakes game of tug-o-war...with Lotso in place of the rope. The strawberry-scented bear begs for mercy as an insane Ed howls with laughter at the sight. In a nearby booth, Madame Mim in her crocodile form looks lovingly into the eyes of the crocodile from Peter Pan, sharing a romantic dinner of skeletal-fish by candlelight. A terrified Captain Hook shakes in Smee's arms as he watches the crocodiles' romantic dinner. The Big Bad Wolf appears, looking rather unamused at the argument taking place before him: The Queen of Hearts insists that the wolf be beheaded due to his attempt at stealing her pigs...while Cruella on the other hand argues that he should be skinned and turned into a fur coat...nearby Prince John and Sir Hiss converse at a table near a curtained-window. Something taps on the window. Sir Hiss pulls aside the curtains to reveal the giant grinning face of Chernabog. In turn Prince John immediately shrieks and turns to his thumb for comfort. In lieu of the romantic dinner between the crocodiles, a female Heffalump and male Woozle share a jar of honey (The personified jar shaking in fright), one using their trunk, and the other a straw. Scar and Shere Khan covered in bandages from their previous adventures pathetically lap milk from tiny milk dishes, a step down from their once terrifying standing as villains.

One of the very last sights in the room is a parody of that famous scene from Lady and the Tramp. The shark from Little Mermaid somehow made it onto land and is sharing a meal of spaghetti with a female barracuda from (THE barracuda from Finding Nemo wearing lipstick and a purple and white polka-dotted bow on her head). Slowly but surely they latch onto the same noodle and begin chewing on it, getting closer and closer to the other's lips. They close their eyes and smile. A kiss is about to happen!! CRUNCH. My mistake...rather than kissing each other, the shark devours the carnivorous fish in one bite, her tail flailing about in his mouth. The content shark kicks back and smiles. Afterwards we get moving again and burst through a set of doors labeled "KITCHEN: AUTHORIZED FIENDS ONLY!"

Obviously the animatronics and effects will have to be state-of-the-art and extremely advanced, lol.

More to come!
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

i just have a few things things that you have not mentioned. what kind of ride vicals whould they be? like haunted mation style or more of what they have for Monsters, Ink? also i am wondering what whould cast members be whearing?

sorry for all the miss-spellings

Well I really like your ride idea here all the way from the queue to the ride itself.The one thing though that I really dont like is your choice of vehicle.A garbage can.Really?IDK why not a car from the 20's or dare I say a limo,LOL.

• ironically Otaku

in a T.A.R.D.I.S. traveling time and space and skipping all the boring parts, now with braces.

i have to admit i was more then skeptical when i read the title of the ride, and didn't much care for the back ally or the trash can, but once we got in to the actual ride! i love it. it reminds me a lot of "house of mouse" with so much cool stuff going on, and house of mouse is a show i love A LOT! keep up the good work! the only thing i would say is some of the ride may need to be toned down.
    "A skeleton (Seemingly terrified) with a candle jammed through its body and into its mouth (Causing any holes in its head to glow) holds a crude wooden-sign reading "Welcome to the Villain's Lair," in blood-red letters."
    that just sounds to sad, not that it is not a good idea! but i think that seeing some one in pain is a bit to much for a Disney ride, i mean that's why it's 999 happy haunts, right! but any way, i love the ride so far, i wish you could change the trash cans to some thing else, and maybe make the queue have some Disney references, not just be a dark ally, but all that is "the complaints of a tiny irrelevant mouse on the back of a raging lion!" love the idea!
    So. Zetta. SLOW!

• Who are you again?

I love this idea, reminds me of that Halloween episode of House of Mouse
    The Villains defenitly need more attention besides around All Hallow's Eve.
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Banned User

This is getting better and better!!!
    Some things that might be a minor issue, is the appearance of some characters that aren't the most recognizable "villains"...like the shark from the Little Mermaid, or the Barracuda from Nemo. But gosh, overall, this is AWESOME!! I really can't wait to hear more.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast