Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

•   

Getting ready for Mickey's Halloween Party???

Hey everyone....Are you ready for Mickey's Halloween Party? I know I am getting close to being ready....Let's talk!!

So last year, I swore that I would be more prepared for this year's MHP because my costume was O.K. but not close to what I wanted (I was a sexy mad hatter).

But this year, in May I go on the ball and went to Etsy.com and commissioned a seamstress to create me a close to authentic Snow White costume, like the ones in the parks. Even though it amazing, I still have some issues with it (the cape isn't pink, and the skirt material is ALL sorts of WRONG) but I will wear it with pride and I'm super excited about being able to pose in front of the wishing well since we aren't at DCA this year! (I have mixed feelings about it but hopefully it only be for this year and I can get my photo op). My only dislike for being in DL this year is that I love going to the parks at night, especially for halloweentime, and now I can't go on ghost galaxy at night when it's cool outside queue show is going and I LOVED the fireworks last year as well.....

Here it is...sorry for the blurriness...

and here's my nerdy version, since i work at a particular computer store that goes well with my costume...hmmmm I wonder what fruit computer store i work at....

Anywho, let's see those costumes or hear your costume ideas for MHP this year and if you are excited about being across the esplanade.
    Hollywood, 2013. Amidst the glitz and the glitter of bustling young techies at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the Disney loving elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. Marriage.
    03-07-2013

• Queen Elsa

Re: Getting ready for Mickey's Halloween Party???

That is pretty good the way you have. You really don't want it to look like the costum that Disney has for Snow White. Disney is very strick with the way people dress like the characters. They don't want people to have the same stuff they do cause little kids would think you are the real character and ask u for pictures and Autographs and that's a big no no in Disney's book. So the color of the cape and how the yellow turn out is fine. Don't want you to get in trobule with Disney.

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

I have a costume like that , my mom made it for me a few years ago! I love being snow white!!!
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Hook View Post
    That is pretty good the way you have. You really don't want it to look like the costum that Disney has for Snow White. Disney is very strick with the way people dress like the characters. They don't want people to have the same stuff they do cause little kids would think you are the real character and ask u for pictures and Autographs and that's a big no no in Disney's book. So the color of the cape and how the yellow turn out is fine. Don't want you to get in trobule with Disney.
    Thanks for the heads up, yeah, I know, I'm not suppose to look like her twin or anything but I think that I'll be close enough to not get in TOOO much trouble. Trust me, my friends think I'm crazy because it's the first year I'm not wearing traditional sexy costume...
    Hollywood, 2013. Amidst the glitz and the glitter of bustling young techies at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the Disney loving elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. Marriage.
    03-07-2013

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

I'm going to the Halloween event for the first time ever this October - I've never been to the park during a holiday, so its going to be a completely new experience for me. And being the nerd that I am, I am taking advantage of the opportunity to cosplay as Sora from Kingdom Hearts II XD I'm super excited and can't wait!

Based on park hours on the DL site it looks like DL will open at 8AM the days of the parties and then the parties will go on till midnight! How awesome it will be to enjoy summer week day hours inside DL in Oct!!!

I can't wait!

dsny1mom

• I'm Wishing...

That Snow White costume is AMAZING!! I had no idea you could request commission items on Etsy!! I had someone make my Snow costume a loong time ago, and this one is gorgeous in comparison. Haha...Mine is all kinds of wrong! :P
    I'm thinking of going as Aurora this year. I'm SO excited!
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

I was thinking about going to the Halloween party! I was thinking of making a Tigger Costume (I think I still have ears somewhere!) I was thinking about getting some black or orange leggings and putting black/orange felt strips on them along with a top and a pair of converse and making a tail. Not to sure, I really wanna make it cute. Anyone have suggestions?!

P.S. LOVE YOUR COSTUME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• My turn

kate-e, what day are you going? Because I'm going this year as the Queen.

And you can bet I'm taking advantage of the party in the main park this year! Snow White's Scary Adventures will be mine! I only wish HM could stay HM instead of HMH. A scary atmosphere to go with my "scary" costume.

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I love the costume, it looks so real. If you don't take pictures and give autographs, then you should be fine.
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    I love the costume, it looks so real. If you don't take pictures and give autographs, then you should be fine.
    Definitely. When I went as Alice last year, a whole bunch of kids thought I really was Alice, and wanted hugs and everything. (: It really made my entire night, it was so incredible. It definitely seemed OK, I didn't get in trouble (and would NEVER intentionally try to go against Disney's regulations); I think the main thing they're guarding against are people who literally come into the park and POSE as characters, making a queue and having guests line up believing they are Disney CMs, as opposed to people who dress up for fun and are just walking around the park. As long as you don't purposefully advertise yourself, you should be ok. (: Before I entered the park, I was waiting outside a restaurant for dinner reservations with a friend, and a whole family came up legitimately thinking I was a Disney character, with people lining up behind them. I just politely explained I was here for the party, and my good friend Alice was INSIDE the park. The parents understood and everything was fine. (: Just have a good time and enjoy the party and your costume! It'll all work out, I think (:

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    Security is strict. As said by Ninja, don't do photos or autographs. Remember what happened to the hat box ghost last year. If you have doubts, always ask Disney.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• I'm Wishing...

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Security is strict. As said by Ninja, don't do photos or autographs. Remember what happened to the hat box ghost last year. If you have doubts, always ask Disney.
    There was a hat-box ghost incident? :o

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahbell1000 View Post
    There was a hat-box ghost incident? :o
    Huge thread about it last year. The person was asked to leave the party.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Wilderness Explorer

Firstly, awesome costume.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    Ok so I had a question about this. I know you're certainly not allowed to pose for pictures with people... but are people allowed to take pictures of you? I don't see why the latter would be a problem.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast