Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

Re: Facebook group attempting to get Halloween fireworks every night

if facebook can get betty white to host SNL hopefully Disney will listen to us! I joined
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Seasick

I think this ship has sailed for this year, and protesting via any means is too little, too late.

Disneyland caters to a large local base. The trouble with having so many passholders, is that if Disney does something special that only lasts a month, there's a ton of people who could flood the park during that narrow timeframe (and by all accounts, did so last year). Since their admission is pre-paid anyway, there's little incentive for Disney to spend the money on Halloween fireworks.

It's unfortunate to see holiday offerings at Disneyland be restricted to hard-ticket events, but given their current business model, the choice to do it this way seems to make sense.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• 1 man can make a difernce

Disneyland would have to work with this city to have fireworks everynight. When you live close to Disneyland and can hear the fireworks all the time, it gets annoying!
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    Disneyland would have to work with this city to have fireworks everynight. When you live close to Disneyland and can hear the fireworks all the time, it gets annoying!

They're offering Remember Fireworks the other nights, no permission is already granted. They just want them to change the show.

• 1 man can make a difernce

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    They're offering Remember Fireworks the other nights, no permission is already granted. They just want them to change the show.
    They are having fireworks every night in October?
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Larger Than (After)Life

I'm all for starting a movement to restore "Halloween Screams" to a seasonal nightly fireworks display available to ALL Disneyland guests at NO additonal charge. But you need a Facebook Fan Page for this, NOT a group.

Here's the scoop:

Disney limits Halloween fireworks to partygoers - Around Disney : The Orange County Register

I've commented about this subject in another MiceChat thread, on Twitter and from my Facebook Fan Page. I'm am NOT HAPPY at all with MANY of Disney's marketing practices of late. And if you read the comments at the end of the article linked above, neither are the readers of the Orange County Register.

Too little too late. Disney has made it very clear that HS will be a party exclusive. Disney's very own FB page for the Halloween parties even states that HS is party exclusive this year. They aren't about to change that now and risk having to issue refunds for not delivering what they have promised to party attendees.

IMHO this could possibly have been avoided. If the throngs of APs that showed up DL last year just about every night HS played had bought meals, snacks, dropped $$$ at the stores and maybe even popped for a night or two at one of the DLR hotels then maybe HS would have remained every night this year as it would have produced a nice profit for DLR.

I don't see special events devaluing PAP and I have a PAP. A PAP gets you what is offered during normal operating hours and this year HS is not offered during regular operating hours. If I were a local AP I would seriously rethink my spending patterns at DLR if I just go to DLR on the cheap. If DLR keeps adding great things, and they appear to be doing just that, and their profits don't increase then look for more and more of these special things being funneled into special events with an extra charge.

Perhaps if all those locals that didn't spend last year would have HS would have remained every night and an awesome Halloween parade would have been added to the parties as an exclusive draw.

So the next time guests are loading up their backpacks with sandwiches and bottles of water to head to the park they might want to change their stratagey and spend more at DL to avoid loosing more new things to special events.

Really when I think about it I'm not ticked at DL for it costing me alot more this year to see HS but kinda perturbed with those that just use their APs as addmission and don't spend much money while in DL, because if they did I might be seeing HS every night again this year and maybe paying for just one night of the parties, instead of two, to see a new special Halloween parade.

dsny1mom

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    No, they are offering Remember on weekends. Not during the week. They have an agreement on how many days they can have fireworks during the year, and when they go past that number they have to pay a fee. I think they figured last years fee outweighed the reward (ie $$) they got last year for Oct.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Lightspeed to Endor!

I'm waiting for the backlash to come when the Fireworks are cancelled due to winds, and Disneyland has to deal with thousands of angry party goers, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    I don't see special events devaluing PAP and I have a PAP. A PAP gets you what is offered during normal operating hours and this year HS is not offered during regular operating hours. If I were a local AP I would seriously rethink my spending patterns at DLR if I just go to DLR on the cheap. If DLR keeps adding great things, and they appear to be doing just that, and their profits don't increase then look for more and more of these special things being funneled into special events with an extra charge.
    I'm all for Disney making sure they aren't losing money by having APers flood the park and not spend anything. But a premium AP is supposed to be the end all, full admission to everything in the park year round barring private parties(i.e. someone rented the place out). That includes July 4th. That includes New Years Eve. Both 1-day events that the park is typically flooded with locals.

They'd be fully justified in blocking out the majority of the Halloween season like they should've done last year and realized it too late. Then APers have to spend the blockout pass money if they want to go to the special high-peak event. But a premium AP is supposed to have all that value included because it was purchased with the intention of not being blocked out from anything just because it's particularly popular. If they don't think PAPs cost enough to justify that, charge appropriately.

A private party that's aimed towards the locals is really nothing more than a blockout day that includes PAPs and tells vacationers that their multiday passes are no good and they have to buy an individual day because of the time period they chose to visit.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by 1313Imagination View Post
    I'm waiting for the backlash to come when the Fireworks are cancelled due to winds, and Disneyland has to deal with thousands of angry party goers, sometimes you have to learn the hard way.
    This. Disneyland puts its neck on the line every time it tries to exclusify something like this. They'll probably have fine print saying "Entertainment subject to change." But it's really hard to deny when there's a specific draw to an event.

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I'm all for Disney making sure they aren't losing money by having APers flood the park and not spend anything. But a premium AP is supposed to be the end all, full admission to everything in the park year round barring private parties(i.e. someone rented the place out). That includes July 4th. That includes New Years Eve. Both 1-day events that the park is typically flooded with locals.

They'd be fully justified in blocking out the majority of the Halloween season like they should've done last year and realized it too late. Then APers have to spend the blockout pass money if they want to go to the special high-peak event. But a premium AP is supposed to have all that value included because it was purchased with the intention of not being blocked out from anything just because it's particularly popular. If they don't think PAPs cost enough to justify that, charge appropriately.

A private party that's aimed towards the locals is really nothing more than a blockout day that includes PAPs and tells vacationers that their multiday passes are no good and they have to buy an individual day because of the time period they chose to visit.

IMO a PAP is nothing more than general admission during any time DL is open to the general public. The only differance between a PAP and all other levels of AP are the cost and blackout days. PAPs get deeper discounts and free parking on top of admission. No way do I feel, as a PAP holder, I should be allowed to attend special events for free. I get to DL atleast 14 days a year giving me an addmission cost of just under $32 a day at the most. IMHO that is a great deal.

I also don't feel the Halloween parties are aimed at local APs. I live in the midwest and there have been lots of ads and articles in the papers about Halloween at DL and usually it's just WDW that gets press here. IMHO DLR is doing things like the Halloween parties to entice more vactioners. My daughter's BF is meeting us at DLR in Oct he's happy about the party as now he can purcahse a park hopper for one less day and enter DL on the party date for less than what it would have cost him if there was no party.

dsny1mom

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    This. Disneyland puts its neck on the line every time it tries to exclusify something like this. They'll probably have fine print saying "Entertainment subject to change." But it's really hard to deny when there's a specific draw to an event.
    The terms and conditions that one agrees to when purchasing a ticket for the Halloween parties makes it *very* clear that elements of the party may not be available due to weather, etc. You have to agree to the terms and conditions in order to a purchase ticket.

While HS is one of the main reasons we bought tickets for two nights it isn't the only reason. Anyone that buys a ticket just for HS better be prepared to be dissappointed and go home without a refund if HS is cancelled.

dsny1mom

I think as a consumer you have far more power than a facebook page could ever do. Simply put, if you don't like what Disney is doing don't go, don't buy a ticket and convince everyone who is thinking about going to take their money elsewhere. If you can keep a large amount of people from continuing to give their money to Disney, then, and only then will you get the marketing/sales team's attention.

If the Halloween events sell out, or just come close to selling out then Disney will continue to evaluate their exclusive entertainment options. Facebook fanpages are one thing, but the public voting with their wallet will win the day each and every time.

Fireworks. really? there is much more to this event then fireworks, the Halloween Screams Fireworks show is just a perk for when you buy the ticket. It's a perk to buying the tickets to the event. The rides that are offered (Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy) are all offered to normal guests, The HS fireworks is just an extra bouns for those people...something they can experience that the other guests cannot... I'm not in much favor of this but I can see why they're doing this...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast