Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Lightspeed to Endor!

Re: Facebook group attempting to get Halloween fireworks every night

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    Too little too late. Disney has made it very clear that HS will be a party exclusive. Disney's very own FB page for the Halloween parties even states that HS is party exclusive this year. They aren't about to change that now and risk having to issue refunds for not delivering what they have promised to party attendees.

dsny1mom
    Isn't that what the "All Information is subject to change without notice" Clause is there for?

Quote Originally Posted by 1313Imagination View Post
    Isn't that what the "All Information is subject to change without notice" Clause is there for?
    Sure it is. If HS doesn't happen or DL doesn't deliver on any of their promised entertainment, attractions, treat stations, etc then they are covered.

However to remove the promised elements then insert them elsewhere or turn the ticketed event into a *everyone can stay even if they didn't purchase a ticket* free for all, that is entirely different.

dsny1mom

• Larger Than (After)Life

Tragically, Disneyland's more recent batch of handlers and decision-makers are turning the park into "The Greediest Place on Earth."

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Talk about beating a dead horse...
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

some how knotts does it every year with Haunt and noone complains... i'm a prepium annual pass holder and will glandly pay for the event... this is how it should be.... i have had a pass for the last 14 years.... you wanmt to go to the party and see the fireworks pay the money it that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    some how knotts does it every year with Haunt and noone complains...
    If there was ever a comparison between oranges and rotten apples...

MHP and Knott's Scary Farm are VASTLY different. Furthermore, Knott's didn't give its park patrons/paying customers something as part of general admission, see that it's wildly popular and take it away in an effort to exploit, fleece and price-gouge.

Disneyland did. And sadly, lately, this appears to be DisneyCo's modus operandi. I have no objection whatsoever to holding special events, but I do not and cannot support what I consider to be underhanded business practices.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dsny1mom View Post
    Too little too late. Disney has made it very clear that HS will be a party exclusive. Disney's very own FB page for the Halloween parties even states that HS is party exclusive this year. They aren't about to change that now and risk having to issue refunds for not delivering what they have promised to party attendees.

IMHO this could possibly have been avoided. If the throngs of APs that showed up DL last year just about every night HS played had bought meals, snacks, dropped $$$ at the stores and maybe even popped for a night or two at one of the DLR hotels then maybe HS would have remained every night this year as it would have produced a nice profit for DLR.

I don't see special events devaluing PAP and I have a PAP. A PAP gets you what is offered during normal operating hours and this year HS is not offered during regular operating hours. If I were a local AP I would seriously rethink my spending patterns at DLR if I just go to DLR on the cheap. If DLR keeps adding great things, and they appear to be doing just that, and their profits don't increase then look for more and more of these special things being funneled into special events with an extra charge.

Perhaps if all those locals that didn't spend last year would have HS would have remained every night and an awesome Halloween parade would have been added to the parties as an exclusive draw.

So the next time guests are loading up their backpacks with sandwiches and bottles of water to head to the park they might want to change their stratagey and spend more at DL to avoid loosing more new things to special events.

Really when I think about it I'm not ticked at DL for it costing me alot more this year to see HS but kinda perturbed with those that just use their APs as addmission and don't spend much money while in DL, because if they did I might be seeing HS every night again this year and maybe paying for just one night of the parties, instead of two, to see a new special Halloween parade.

dsny1mom
    While I agree with you, there is far more to this situation than that.

The park, and the CITY can not handle the demand the AP program is causing for the resort in October. Halloween Screams was a large part of that last year. Roadblocks, city traffic being directed by police, parking nightmares for the convention center, forced Disney CM blockouts, forced PAP blockouts, headaches, headaches, headaches. Something had to be done this year.

This was the wrong decision. But the right decision would have made people even more ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post
    While I agree with you, there is far more to this situation than that.

The park, and the CITY can not handle the demand the AP program is causing for the resort in October. Halloween Screams was a large part of that last year. Roadblocks, city traffic being directed by police, parking nightmares for the convention center, forced Disney CM blockouts, forced PAP blockouts, headaches, headaches, headaches. Something had to be done this year.

This was the wrong decision. But the right decision would have made people even more ticked off.
    The bigger part of it was not having longer hours at DCA and enough events and attractions there to keep DCA's guests from spilling over into Disneyland. Prior to the building of DCA, there was ample parking.

Anaheim would not be the the city that it is, were it not for Disneyland. All those homes, byways and businesses surrounding the park sprung up because of the park. And if you live, work and commute next to a major attraction, noise and congestion are part of the deal. Disneyland was there first. Anaheim, as we know it, exists thanks to Disneyland. Instead of griping, the city needs to work with Disney officials on expansion, redevelopment and accommodation. Because the day that Disneyland fails, so does The City of Anaheim.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 08-23-2010 at 01:38 PM.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    The bigger part of it was not having longer hours at DCA and enough events and attractions there to keep DCA's guests from spilling over into Disneyland.

Anaheim would not be the the city that it is, were it not for Disneyland. All those homes, byways and businesses surrounding the park sprung up because of the park. And if you live, work and commute next to a major attraction, noise and congestion are part of the deal. Disneyland was there first. Anaheim, as we know it, exists thanks to Disneyland. Instead of griping, the city needs to work with Disney officials on expansion, redevelopment and accommodation. Because the day that Disneyland fails, so does The City of Anaheim.
    Who is griping?

Last October was well above and beyond any sort of reasonable expectation, not only for the city but for Disneyland as well. They had to shuffle to keep up with the record breaking crowds. They enforced more blockout days on their employees. They hit capacity multiple times, which caused them to blockout EVERYONE, including PAP's and tourists regardless of the fact that they carried valid tickets. Many of those restrictions began in the afternoon, while DCA was still open. And if memory serves me correctly, Disneyland's profits did not go through the roof along with the attendance.

And keeping DCA open later would have been nice...but it wouldn't have solved anything. AP holders were pouring in nightly and it had absolutely nothing to do with DCA.

I was expecting Disney to make a change for October 2010, I just didn't think that "exclusive fireworks" was the one they were going to make.

Oh, and I do believe that in general, the city and citizens of Anaheim know that they have a lot to be thankful to Disney for. But that doesn't give Disney the right to do anything and everything they want. Anaheim residents most definitely need to have a lot of patience, but Disney should also at least attempt to show some respect to the human beings that live in the vicinity of Disneyland.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Have to agree completely with almandot and 1313. Disney has done a sloppy job in organizing Hallowtime events this year. And these sloppy decisions affect both AP'ers and Regular Guests.

It's really plain insulting to guests, that Disney would remove from the regular schedule, one of the two main draws that brought people to disneyland last October.

And after seeing how crowded Halloweentime was last year, and with how the 2 SoCal Passes have paralyzed the DLR, disney should have immediately planned for more blockout dates for both of the SoCal Passes during this years Halloweentime

• Banned User

guess they took the advise. It's a page now as well....

Disneyland, we will NOT pay for Halloween Fireworks | Facebook

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123