Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs up Facebook group attempting to get Halloween fireworks every night

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=149271288424169

I'm all for this personally. I know a lot of people want the party to be exclusive, and that's cool, but this show should be offered every night like last year. This is a slap in the face. Where do we draw the line? Will the Xmas parade only be for people who pay extra? what about Haunted Mansion Holiday? Anyway this group seems to be doing pretty well. It started less than a day ago and has almost 100 people. Nothing by Disney standards, but if that momentum keeps up, who knows?

• Minion

Re: Facebook group attempting to get Halloween fireworks every night

They should have just kept the event at DCA
    But then World of Color would be blocked off if they were planning on showing it during Halloween season
    I'm not paying Disney a penny for candy, character meet n greet and fireworks
    It should all go with the normal admission

• Minion

That'd be much more successful if it were a page

• Disney Fan & Musician

Joined, but as Dlandclub33 said, it would be much better as a page, rather than a group.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Minion

So, while last year was the only year DIsneyland has paid extra to have the fireworks nightly in October, they opted not to pay to have nightly fireworks and to limit the Halloweens ones to just the nights of the party. The fee for the nightly ones probably were not justified last year.

Would you feel better of the Sat and Sun fireworks were halloween, but no fireworks on the other nights Disneyland is open, like the normal schedule?
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

I understand how people feel about this issue and I don't like to see Disneyland set the precedent of charging extra for fireworks that have been included with admission in the past.

However, for this year I think it's too late to change it, they have sold tickets based on the promise of exclusivity and they have to fulfill that promise to the ticket buyers.

I'm still interested to know what they will do if the fireworks have to be cancelled on one of the ToT nights, many people bought tickets mainly to see that show.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Banned User

Oh look! Another internet petition! I wonder if this one will be as successful as the last?

• Shubisha

Hopefully if people are really against this they'll just not show up and make DL realize that people don't think the fireworks alone are worth an extra $50+ a person when everything else is included with regular admission that they already have anyways.

Add a parade, add villains in the park, add all the halloween stuff you want and make it awesome. But keep it part of general admission with lower APers having to pay the blockout price and Premium APs being a pricey but valued perk. Going the private party route significantly undermines the value of a premium AP, something they've chosen to have distinguished rather than just going with WDW's "every AP is a non-blocked out AP" route.

• Banned User

Because the Waterfalls campaign worked so well.

I'm sorry if this is rude to some of you.

Just let it go people! they're just fireworks, "we" see them like every night at Disneyland. C'mon people that pay extra for the halloween party thing should get a chance to see something special that the normal park guest dosen't see. I mean we still get fireworks in the end so it dosen't matter really.
    Just my 2cents.
    P.s.*don't kill me*

• Future Indy Castmember

"This fall, man this is very tough. This fall i'm taking my money to Buena Park, and go to Knotts Halloween Haunt for October."

No way am I going to DL during October. And I think its too late for that petition. Should've been started months ago.

I know its fireworks but the fact that I have to pay extra just to see the halloween fireworks, would be a waste of money to me.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Yes, i'm alittle angry about the fireworks thing but oh well, there is nothing we can really do about it, but we can still enjoy Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy. I would be more angry if this was with the christmas season.

• Banned User

I guess someone could make it a page, but perhaps the admin was trying to correctly classify it.

• Minion

I have tickets to the party, and I'm ALL for showing Halloween Screams every night in October, because what I DON'T want is a bunch of party crashers clogging up the park on party nights who didn't pay the 50 bucks to be there, but still think it's their God-given right to see Halloween Screams. Hopefully Disney won't let that happen.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    I understand how people feel about this issue and I don't like to see Disneyland set the precedent of charging extra for fireworks that have been included with admission in the past.

However, for this year I think it's too late to change it, they have sold tickets based on the promise of exclusivity and they have to fulfill that promise to the ticket buyers.
    ^This.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast