• Banned User

Question WOC having tech issues already?

Just wanted to know what's up with the orbs and the fire effect? Anyone heard anything?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Re: WOC having tech issues already?

When I saw it Thursday, the orbs weren't working but the fire looked fine and normal.

I saw it tonight, the orbs were still gone and the only part that was different with the fire was how they cheaped out the very end when all the flames and the fountains were raised up

• Minion

I saw the 11:15 showin Friday. Everything was fine except the orbs weren't working and at the very last fire finale the right half of the flames were on que but the left half wer a second late.

• Banned User

That stinks. The orbs are minimal I suppose, but they really add to the Wall E segment. hopefully they'll be back soon.

the past few weeks the 1115 show doesnt have most of the laser effects working.. no cool wall e effect, zurg, or genie magic.. the fire looks like it's trying to work, there's a spray of whatever makes it blaze up that goes off on cue it just does not ignite like it's supposed to.. it really is not as good when all the effects aren't working..

On Aug 12th 1st show the left of the three (left) Large Mist Screen never worked. This eliminated 1/3 of the projections for the larger scenes for the entire show.

Two days later the Center Screen where all major images are shown did not work for the first three scenes!!!

The Globes have not been seen for several weeks.

The fountains in the viewing areas are not used nearly as much as in the beginning, I believe this is to not get some of the crowd wet. Often not all of the Fire has been used, and the final big blast for a shorter time.

The sound has cut out or had loud pops at times, but has been very good lately. Disney is very good with sound management throughout the parks.

Thursday, 08/19 everythig that they used worked well. But no Globes appeared and the viewing area fountains were only lightly used.

The cast members still do not provide clear instructions, often are ignored, especially at the 1st show. Once inside the areas are not clearly marked. This still allows many guests to overwelm the cast and switch to a different section in the last few minutes before the shows. Blue or Yellow overflow moves into Reserved Dining or Red wet. They need to mark the divisions with cloth signs on the ropes and/or placing colored tape on the ground.

Many times Guests see much less than the complete show the way it was introduced, and still walk away amazed with what they saw. Not realizing they did not see it all as introduced.
    Last edited by Disneyland 1951; 08-22-2010 at 05:20 AM.

•   

I, for one, am glad the orbs are gone. They were slightly distracting and always had water dripping from the bottom half (which to me was the distraction). I also saw it last night, and to my suprise, there were some changes to the show that more than made up for the missing orbs. I don't know if there is another thread that points out these changes, but to me they made me not even care that the orbs werre gone! The show looks wonderful from what I saw last night... (I've seen the show 5 times since the premier). Bravo Disney!

• Johnny and Me!

Have the orbs been physically removed? I don't recall seeing them on the show platforms. Last time I looked at them, they were pretty dirty. Maybe they're getting cleaned?

• Disneyland's the best!

Well, uh, yeah, it's a very high maintenance show...
    It's easy enough to be pleasant
    when life hums along like a song.
    But the man worth while
    is the man who can smile
    when everything goes dead wrong.

• Banned User

This is interesting. Again, I don't really mind except for the Wall E scene. They're gorgeous as the planets.