Bring Back Mold-A-Rama Vending Machines!

Thread: Bring Back Mold-A-Rama Vending Machines!

Tags: mold-a-rama, nostalgia, souvenirs, toys, vending machines

TheHatboxGhost said:

Bring Back Mold-A-Rama Vending Machines!

— and sell a glow-in-the-dark HATBOX GHOST STATUETTE!!!

I'm telling you, buyers would be lining up.

For those of you too young to know and/or remember, Mold-A-Rama machines made blow-molded plastic and/or wax figures and toys, right before your eyes. You could smell them cooking and they came out of the dispenser still warm. They were GREAT!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz2F_noUr5k&feature=related"]YouTube - Mold-A-Rama Triceratops[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USr7AS4LtOo&feature=related"]YouTube - Run for your lives! It's a Mold A Rama machine![/ame]

jupitertronic said:

Re: Bring Back Mold-A-Rama Vending Machines!

My boyfriend and his brother were just talking about this when we were outside the Penny Arcade on Main Street a few weeks ago. Make it so! I remember getting a wax lion from the San Diego Zoo on my very first field trip (kindergarten... the good ol' days), and I loved that thing.

So, counting myself, my BF and his brother, that's 3 votes in agreement with you.

Disney Romantic said:

I loved those things as a kid. The Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago had those machines in multiple stairwells. I'd always leave that place with a Lincoln bust, a race car, and a bunch of other random ones. Then they would mysteriously disappear a few weeks later. My mother just confessed to my fiance a few days ago that she used to throw out my stuff and I wouldn't notice. There may be a connection.

Definitely wouldn't mind seeing those in Disney form, though I'd hope they would place it somewhere where the food smells cover up the molding odor, for the employee's sake at least, heh. Apparently you can own one of your own (if you have 15 grand lying around): Replication Devices - Mold-A-Rama™ - Injection Molding - Tampa Bay.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

TheHatboxGhost said:

Here is a Mold-A-Rama Mickey Mouse. I had/have one in brown. No clue where it is. (Disney Romantic's mom may have gotten to it.) Possibly, inside a trunk in the attic.

Mickey_Mojo said:

Some co-workers of mine were just talking about these the other day. I had never seen them before, but they sounded pretty cool! It's nice to finally see what one looks like.
    ~*~Jennifer~*~

6. insider67 said:

Blast from my past...i remember getting those at the LA zoo when I was a kid....i can still remember the smell...thanks for that

Peoplemover Priit said:

That would be so cool. Not so sold on the Hatbox Figure though. I think starting off with Mickey might be a better figure to start with...

RegionsBeyond said:

I saw these machines at Greenfield Village, Henry Ford's kind of museum/amusement area in Michigan, they are a lot of fun. Disneyland should totally have some of these machines with park-specific designs, I'd love that and would gladly fork over the cash for my own molded plastic Trader Sam, Big Thunder train, Hatbox Ghost, Alice, etc etc

DisneyIPresume said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    Here is a Mold-A-Rama Mickey Mouse. I had/have one in brown. No clue where it is. (Disney Romantic's mom may have gotten to it.) Possibly, inside a trunk in the attic.

Did they have these in Disneyland? I don't think so because if they did I would have remembered. I remember getting them from Marineland on occasion but never at Disneyland.

Ahh... Marineland. Now THAT is something worth remembering!

AlohaStitch said:

I remember these!!! I used to LOVE them. (And I would definitely be getting them again if they came to the park)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

santadog said:

they still have these at the Milwaukee zoo -- they rock!

TikiRoomLiz said:

They still have those machines at the Los Angeles Zoo and I really enjoy getting them, it would be nice if they added something like this at Disneyland - maybe one for each land so you can finally actually have a unique souvenir.

BiggestDisneyFan said:

These do look kinda' interesting, but in which part of the park would they be period appropriate? They'd be too modern for Main Street but too old for Tomorrow Land, and industrial novelties definitely don't fit in any other land. I guess they could find a spot in DCA for a couple of these.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

steamboatpete said:

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    These do look kinda' interesting, but in which part of the park would they be period appropriate? They'd be too modern for Main Street but too old for Tomorrow Land, and industrial novelties definitely don't fit in any other land. I guess they could find a spot in DCA for a couple of these.
    The things they sell on Main Street that are more modern than these are quite numerous. This would not be out of place on Main Street any more than vinylmations, magic tricks or digital watches, to name just a couple of the hundreds, if not thousands of things on Main Street that are more contemporary.
    Fight On! Beat the Beavers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    The only thing we have to shame is ... shame itself!

DisneyLizzy said:

Yes yes freaking yes! I love these things (actually became obsessed with them after the show Wonderfalls). I prefer these old babies over the squished pennies any day. I think they would work well in any land too, and heck I would collect them all in every color if they brought them back. Bring back these charming souvenirs!
    Last edited by DisneyLizzy; 08-25-2010 at 10:43 AM.