• Delawarean Girl

I see this event in front of the castle w/ Band Leader Mickey (is there a reason?)

Hi MiceChatters,

I just been wanting to ask this question.

Out of my 3 visits to Disneyland. I notice this event goes on with Band Leader Mickey in it, in front of the castle. So, far I have only caught it on Sundays while getting ready to attend the MiceChat Meets . They start playing Walt Disney's Welcome speech and then Bandleader Mickey starts marching around Main Street and along with a band.

I just wanted to know. Is there a special reason why they do that? Is it just Sundays? That's the only day of the week that I have caught it.

Here's some pictures of it.

• Warm Hugging Anna

Re: I see this event in front of the castle w/ Band Leader Mickey (is there a reason?

I don't know the reason but I have seen him out on Saturdays to. So it's not just on Sundays.

• Minion

Re: I see this event in front of the castle w/ Band Leader Mickey (is there a reason?

This is the castle portion of the Disneyland Band line-up. I'm not sure what days they perform, but I know for a fact they do on Sundays and Fridays.

Early in the morning they perform in front of the Mickey floral, then the SBC forecourt (you got pics of this), then a "Concert in the Park" in Town Square. I highly recommend seeing them. They are great and really bring true Disney magic to the park.

• Minion

I think they do the concert set daily, and they also have one on the mark twain
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

I wonder if they alternate with the Pearly Band show.

• Seeker of Fun

I'd really like to see this! I've seen the band perform a little..but my kids are usually bugging to go ride this or that. I think our next trip we're going to follow them. Thanks for bringing this up!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Shubisha

It's just a morning character show they do. It's not special persay it's just part of the daily entertainment line-up.

I haven't seen Mickey with his band uniform on in a little while. The show is on the schedule under the Disneyland Band in front of the castle. Here are a few videos of it. The last video is from a few years ago.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg26NVlAZcM"]YouTube - MICKEY AND FRIENDS PREPARING FOR THE DISNEYLAND BAND PERFORMANCE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EtFOZQhCXI"]YouTube - BEHIND THE SCENES VIEW OF THE DISNEYLAND BAND[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNYOTvMpGo"]YouTube - MICKEY & FRIENDS LEADING THE DISNEYLAND BAND IN 1080P HIGH DEFINITION[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKMb1IfLyyU"]YouTube - MICKEY'S DANCING DISNEYLAND BAND SHOT IN HIGH DEFINTION[/ame]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

For the Summer, and for all of last year as far as I know, the band has done a spiel with characters at 11 AM daily in front of the castle. They'll do a 15-20 show and then the characters go down Mainstreet in the fire engine and the band will march down from the castle. They'll stop again in front of the bakery and the band will do some choreography with Mickey. I'm 80 % sure they've been doing this daily for the past year or so.

If you show up at the castle around 10:55 AM, you'll usually get a front row seat.

• Delawarean Girl

Quote Originally Posted by HV10N90 View Post
    I haven't seen Mickey with his band uniform on in a little while. The show is on the schedule under the Disneyland Band in front of the castle. Here are a few videos of it. The last video is from a few years ago.

YouTube - MICKEY AND FRIENDS PREPARING FOR THE DISNEYLAND BAND PERFORMANCE

YouTube - BEHIND THE SCENES VIEW OF THE DISNEYLAND BAND

YouTube - MICKEY & FRIENDS LEADING THE DISNEYLAND BAND IN 1080P HIGH DEFINITION

YouTube - MICKEY'S DANCING DISNEYLAND BAND SHOT IN HIGH DEFINTION
    I watched everyone of them, Thank you.

After listening to the conductor in the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnNYOTvMpGo"]YouTube - MICKEY & FRIENDS LEADING THE DISNEYLAND BAND IN 1080P HIGH DEFINITION[/ame] one. I kept thinking, that he is pretty just saying it is a welcome show like almandot here has said.

Though, I think I like the performance in [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKMb1IfLyyU"]YouTube - MICKEY'S DANCING DISNEYLAND BAND SHOT IN HIGH DEFINTION[/ame] better. I love it when Mickey comes out of the castle with the band behind him . However, there is one disappointment. He doesn't put his hand to his heart during the Walt Disney's Welcome speech is being played in this one.

I'm the other way around with the other two videos. Out of the 3 times, that I have caught it. He has been wearing a band leader outfit. That was some of the reasons why I wondered if that was for a special Disneyland reason.

Thanks everyone for answering my question and thank you HV10N90, for showing these videos.