Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Re: Disneyland Resort CMs get the pay raise.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    On the news.
    It was an overall percentage of all Americans that can work.
    Not just one state.
    OK, nevermind my hyperbole defense.

You may resume correcting this number.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Sorry to be argumentative, here, but 42%?! Where do you get that figure?

According to this, the US unemployment rate (for those in the labor force) is about 9.6%. It shows that here in California, the rate is higher at 12.2%, but that's still a lot lower than what you wrote. Now, those figures may not be 100% accurate, but I've never heard or read, anywhere, that the US unemployment figure was anywhere near as high as 42%. If you have a good information source to back up that figure, please share it.
    I'm sorry, but DLFreak71 did not state "unemployed" in the figure. The percentage that was given is the percentage of citizens 16 years of age and older whom are not employed. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, in 2009, the civilian noninstitutional population was 235,801,000. the unemployment number equaled 14,265,000. The number of civilians not in the labor force who could be was 81,659,000. Add that figure to those in the labor force classified as unemployed equals about 40.6% of the population. That figure could very well be upwards of 42% now. The definition for unemployed is pretty strict in that a person is considered unemployed if they do not have a job and have been actively looking for a job within the past 4 weeks. Those that are not actively on the search are not considered unemployed, they are simply not considered to be in the labor force. Now, once again, DLFreak71 in no way mentioned an "unemployment" figure.

Back on topic, I think it is great that these CMs will be receiving these raises. We all know how much they deserve it.
    "Always smile. Never frown, even when you're down. Because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile." -Unknown

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Adelade View Post
    Sadly not enough, though a little off topic but not really but what does one really expect for working at a theme park?

There's this documentary about homeless families that live in motels right across the street from Disneyland. How kids play in the parking lots after dark, even follows a woman who works at Disneyland, and doesn't make enough to rent an apartment but cheaper to stay at a motel. A sad reality check.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oSqugphC5k]YouTube - HBO Documentary Films: Homeless: The Motel Kids of Orange County Trailer (HBO)[/ame]

• Hooterville, USA

Every little bit helps.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    My brother got a .05 cent raise at Del Taco this year. I think he'd rather have the .40 cent raise. They probably make similar wages.

It's about time they got some kind of raise! If it were up to Disney though, the CM's would be left high and dry.
    They got a .40 cent raise that the Union is bragging about...and then the Union raised the dues by about half that much so basically the UNION GOT A RAISE. They don't give a hoot about the workers. And another thing, the union dues are a flat fee per week, they are not based on how many hours you work.

Tell your brother to go get a job a Disneyland! Its still way better than Del Taco and pays a little more.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12