Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: Things done WRONG!

Before I start my post, listen to this song while reading, it may help enforce my point.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxGJRu1pRY]YouTube - Avenue Q-For Now[/ame]

I hate using an over-used quote, but I can't resist:

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

The reason I shared this with you all for probably the one thousandth time is because it's true. Would Disneyland still be open if it was EXACTLY the same as it was in 1955? Probably not. Who would want to visit a theme park that hasn't changed since the day it opened? Thanks to Walt and his Imagineers, the park has remained open for as long as it has. It continues to be and still is a labor of love, and a long-lasting reminder of dreams coming true and wishes being granted.

Where else in the world can you soar amongst the stars from the safety of a roller coaster? Tell me where one can find a place to fly to Neverland or travel through a haunted mansion where ghosts materialize before your very eyes? Or how about walking from Hollywood to Switzerland in a matter of about ten to fifteen minutes? Excluding any knock-off park of Disneyland, tell me where one can do these things.

In my opinion the theme parks of today (Minus Universal) are just a sad reminder of things to come. There will probably be a day where Disney theme parks may also host a skyline of spilled-spaghetti and broken wires (Meaning roller coasters). But times must change. Disneyland was intended to be a family park, and still is. If there is a huge demand for thrill rides by pretty much every family in the future, then that's what Disney will give. No matter what you do, there is no way you can stop anything from changing. Nothing lasts forever.

Now there are some things they are doing down in Anaheim that might be considered "wrong." I agree with you on some of these. But there's practically no use in arguing over them and complaining. We can't stop the removal of the balconies or the waterfalls. We can't stop Carsland from being built or renamed. We can't stop the yearly park promotions that some of us may or may not like. Disney does things their own way nowadays, whether they take their fans into consideration or not. It's a really big company and it needs money to survive, as we need air. If it doesn't "breathe" in enough money to survive...then we don't have a Disneyland...unless Cedar Fair buys it...*shudders*...What I'm saying in my very pointless argument is, there's no use talking about what's right and what's wrong. Disneyland is always going to be changing. Thirty years from now our descendants will probably be discussing in a thread very similar to this one about the multi-billion dollar refurbishment for the resort's third theme park and the neglected status of the Little Mermaid ride. Or the addition of 3D technology to the Haunted Mansion. Yes they won't like it...but what about the following generation? Will they complain when they decide to remove the 3D from the Haunted Mansion? Probably. That's what they grew up with, and that's what they want to see. BTW, all those references to attractions in the future was purely made-up.

Disneyland and the rest of the resort are a pure work of art, painted by the brushes of imagination. While some areas lack more imagination than others, each and every place was dreamed up by someone, including the trash cans (I'm talking to you Push). There is nothing we can do to stop change. Everything is for now. Always.

Yes I know I'm an idiot, you don't need to tell me up front, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Pumpkin Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by atem122 View Post
    Seriously?
    USH's latest ride: A refurbished simulator.
    DLR's latest simulator: Easily the best one ever built.
    USH's attraction before that: Indoor dark coaster that utilizes LIMs.
    Disney: Has indoor coasters, and a coaster that uses LIMs / is MUCH better than Mummy.
    Jurassic Park can't shake a stick at Splash Mountain and GRR either.
    Sure, Transformers will be more high tech than any Disney dark ride, but that's basically it. Disney wins in everything else. Except for a studio tour of course, cause they don't have one...
    Get em! xD

I've seen Jurassic Park and they got an impressive AA of T-Rex, but Splash Mt still is awsome and so is GGR (have'nt rode yet, so cant say anything bout that...)
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I hate using an over-used quote, but I can't resist:

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

The reason I shared this with you all for probably the one thousandth time is because it's true.
    I am pretty sure that when Walt said this, he thought the changes would be for the better....

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing Tahitian Terrace for a cm break area.....

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing The PeopleMover with thousands of feet of empty track.....

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing a Treasure like The Country Bear Jamboree with a cheap adventure in cardboard world ala Pooh...........

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing a marvel like America Sings/Carousel of Progress with Innoventions........really?

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing something as wonderful as the Bonita Tower Falls with .......grass

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing a classic like Circle Vision for a ......wait for it.....a Queue...a Queue for an attraction that didn't even last a year and now sits defunct, a tragic reminder of just who(or what) is running the show at Disney these days.

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing The SkyWay with.....um, nothing...........

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing Skull Rock and The Pirate Ship Restaurant with ....um, nothing.........

I am pretty sure he didn't think that these words would be used to defend replacing The Motor Boats, The Keel Boats, The American Egg House, etc. with.... um, nothing.............

Nothing! Would you call it a good thing if Disney just closed every attraction and replaced them with a patch of grass a good thing, based on Walt's over quoted mantra?

Would Disneyland still be open if it was EXACTLY the same as it was in 1955? Probably not. Who would want to visit a theme park that hasn't changed since the day it opened?
    No one.....and there have been good and even great changes over the years, of that there is no dispute.

As sad as many were to see Innerspace go, the replacement was probably an upgrade.

As sad as many were to see Rainbow Mine Train go, the replacement was probably in upgrade.

When Walt took the Rocket Jets from the ground and put them up high, that was an improvment......but putting them back down on the ground, and yanking them over to the end of Main Street....not so much.

You see, you can't just say "Walt said the Park would be forever changing, therefore change is good".........no, change is only good when it is GOOD. Change is not good when it is BAD.

Now there are some things they are doing down in Anaheim that might be considered "wrong." I agree with you on some of these. But there's practically no use in arguing over them and complaining. We can't stop the removal of the balconies or the waterfalls. We can't stop Carsland from being built or renamed. We can't stop the yearly park promotions that some of us may or may not like. Disney does things their own way nowadays, whether they take their fans into consideration or not. It's a really big company and it needs money to survive, as we need air. If it doesn't "breathe" in enough money to survive...then we don't have a Disneyland...unless Cedar Fair buys it...*shudders*...What I'm saying in my very pointless argument is, there's no use talking about what's right and what's wrong. Disneyland is always going to be changing. Thirty years from now our descendants will probably be discussing in a thread very similar to this one about the multi-billion dollar refurbishment for the resort's third theme park and the neglected status of the Little Mermaid ride. Or the addition of 3D technology to the Haunted Mansion. Yes they won't like it...but what about the following generation? Will they complain when they decide to remove the 3D from the Haunted Mansion? Probably. That's what they grew up with, and that's what they want to see. BTW, all those references to attractions in the future was purely made-up.
    A lot of words to type when your point is it just doesn't matter....if it doesn't matter if we argue about it or not .....why are you here?

Are you trying to convince us to stop posting our concerns because you hate to see us waste our time or do you have some other agenda? Frankly, I don't think it is the former
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

All Good Points^^^Sleepy Jeff.

• Vroom, vroom!

But wait boys and girls!
    now with this new and exciting patch of grass, guests staying at the Bonita (wonder) tower, Can now watch from the comfort of there room, THE GRASS GROWING!
    yes now Disneyland hotel is proud to present a room that is completely bubble wrapped to the point where all sounds are sealed from coming in from that park next door, and with a flat window all you can see is straight ahead of the window!
    yes, now you dont have to go without the THRILLS and EXCITEMENT of watching your lawn at home, because At Disneyland, We care about a Greener bottom line er I mean pocket, Um I mean environment. Yeah environment... Now excuse me while I count this stack of cash and split it between me and the park....
    One for me, one for it, two for me, one for it.............
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• Minion

I agree with the above litany, except in my opinion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was a giant step down in quality from Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, and Star Tours was a giant step down in quality from Adventure thru Inner Space. In both cases, motion became a substitute for imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I agree with the above litany, except in my opinion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad was a giant step down in quality from Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland, and Star Tours was a giant step down in quality from Adventure thru Inner Space. In both cases, motion became a substitute for imagination.
    (emphasis mine) Good point, Bob. Interesting way of putting it. I really like Big Thunder, and don't remember Nature's Wonderland, but from pictures I've seen, it looks great. And I really appreciate your thoughts in your essay about it. I also do enjoy Star Tours, although I remember Inner Space extremely well, and still mourn its demise greatly.

It's too bad Disneyland is so land-locked and doesn't have the luxury of just adding things without having to choose something to remove.

• Rock Star Minion

Sleepy's on a roll.

"Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    That's fair.....I never got to experience Mine Train but I love Big Thunder....although I think Big Thunder would be better if it started off as a gentle ride thru nature and then got wild towards the end.

As for Adventure thru Inner Space.......I did get to experience this attraction and I loved it. I like Star Tours too, but in a different way. I would be hard pressed to actually declare one better than the other.

Nevertheless, I'll take a Big Thunder or a Star Tours anyday over Winnie the Pooh or Tarzan
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Vroom, vroom!

Im keeping this as a signature!
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    That's fair.....I never got to experience Mine Train but I love Big Thunder....although I think Big Thunder would be better if it started off as a gentle ride thru nature and then got wild towards the end.
    I was thinking the same thing -- it would be neat if they had the space to combine the two attractions. You could go through the gentle "Nature's Wonderland" part (perhaps abbreviated somewhat), and then have the wild part, and then go through Rainbow Caverns at the end. That would be great! And hey, maybe they could have it so you could just take the "gentle" part if you didn't want the "wild" part -- separate lines for the two "versions".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234