Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Vroom, vroom!

Things done WRONG!

I was looking at the newest weekend update, and I cant help but think, Disneyland Resort in general is doing some things... well..

Ill just name a few and what I would do, the rest, well its up to you...
    One, The hotel.
    I have been watching online for a while, and tell me if Im wrong, but it looks like they are removing the balcony's from the rooms, WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!
    ok lets be real, The hotel is no smoking in the rooms, right? So, balcony would be a good idea, keeps the smoke out of the room so it dosent stink of cigarettes or whatever else is being smoked. So, if you remove them, then you have created 2 problems. One, Good people that smoke wont stay there, or Two, people who smoke but stay there anyway would smoke in the room thinking that they have no choice or thinking that they can get away with it because there is no balcony and dont want to go outside of the hotel to smoke and come back, My solution? LEAVE THE BALCONY'S!!!
    The other thing is more of an irk to me, but worth mention, Naming entire lands after ONE MOVIE. In my opinion its a bad idea and sure to someday fail and need to be re-done. Solution? well since we already have a bugs land, and are building carsland, simply declair that area into a sort of Pixarland with diferent sections. or... when the theme runs dry and nobody cares for these 2 movies anymore, make a new land that is easier to work with new rides.

Your thoughts? and what do you think they are doing wrong down in DLR?
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Re: Things done WRONG!

But without the balconies and with the blue windows, the hotel looks better for the exterior.

• I'm not really here

One to many jumpers from the balconies and the lawyers step in. No more balconies. Yes, having them was nice, but as someone said, the exterior will look much sleeker now. So there are pros to it as well as cons.

As for Carsland, that's been a huge debate before and there are people on both sides of the fence on this one.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

This hotel really needed a make over and its finally getting one The new rooms are awesome, even without a balcony, they look nice from the outside and also the inside. Can't wait for everything to be finished by next summer
    Out with the old, and in with the new!!!!!!

• Splash Enthusiast

Two things pertaining to the balconies, first even if people are smoking on the balconies, smoke smell will seep into the rooms and I'm sure a lot less people will smoke in the rooms than they were on the balconies. And second, isn't it slightly irresponsible at this point to promote smoking at all at this point knowing what we know?

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Smoking on balconies is still not allowed in a non-smoking hotel. You think the people on the next balcony over who have stepped out for some fresh air want some second-hand smoke blowing their way?

The point is moot now for the Disneyland hotel, but anyway...

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Yeah there will always be two sides to everything. I don't really have anything personally against the naming of the lands, just how the rides are made...like for example Bugs Lands. They need to remodel the place to better rides or just make it a different land.

• Vroom, vroom!

Quote Originally Posted by starttodaybb View Post
    Two things pertaining to the balconies, first even if people are smoking on the balconies, smoke smell will seep into the rooms and I'm sure a lot less people will smoke in the rooms than they were on the balconies. And second, isn't it slightly irresponsible at this point to promote smoking at all at this point knowing what we know?
    Good counter point,
    And Im not really promoting smoking, but I am a realistic, and I am a smoker and know other smokers, so these thoughts all ran into my mind. Carry on.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)

As far as the balconies, I think it's a real shame they're being removed. I never stayed at the hotel, and likely never will, but I recall someone else mentioning how they used to like to stay in the Bonita (Wonder) Tower and enjoyed having the fresh air and sounds of the waterfalls. Of course, the waterfall removal is a whole other subject -- another thing done wrong -- and I won't go into my feelings about that right now.

I hate being "sealed in". I'd rather have the option of opening a window or sliding glass door. And if someone is smoking, well then I'd close the window or door if need be.

Also, I don't think they should remove balconies because of fear of litigation from jumpers' estates. That's ridiculous. If someone's going to kill themselves, they're going to do it. How much more "bubble-wrapped" are we going to become in this society?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Scott View Post
    they are removing the balcony's from the rooms, WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!
    Because it's cheap.

No sliding glass doors = no loss of air-conditioned air in summer, no loss of heated air in winter, no security calls for kids tossing stuff off the balcony, no lawsuits from relatives of jumpers, and no maintenance personnel having to fix stuck doors and broken latches.

It also means no taking an afternoon nap falling asleep to the sound of the Mark Twain; no enjoying the unobstructed sights and sounds of the fireworks from your room; and no taking unobstructed photos of Disneyland. Things that once made the Disneyland Hotel unique and special.

And things about which Disney management could give a rat's prune.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Balcony or no balcony the rooms at the DLH needed a remodel and I'm glad they are getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

It also means no taking an afternoon nap falling asleep to the sound of the Mark Twain; no enjoying the unobstructed sights and sounds of the fireworks from your room; and no taking unobstructed photos of Disneyland. Things that once made the Disneyland Hotel unique and special.
    This makes me cry. How I mourn the loss of the "unique and special" that once was. This reminds me also of the campground (called Vacationland) that used to be approximately where the parking structure tram loading area is now. I stayed there several times, and it was wonderful sleeping "next door" to the park and hearing the whistle of the Mark Twain.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    This makes me cry. How I mourn the loss of the "unique and special" that once was. This reminds me also of the campground (called Vacationland) that used to be approximately where the parking structure tram loading area is now. I stayed there several times, and it was wonderful sleeping "next door" to the park and hearing the whistle of the Mark Twain.
    Now you're going to make me cry....Vacationland was where some of my best childhood memories were made. Loved hearing the Mark Twain whistle in the distance, seeing the fireworks and walking over to the Disneyland Hotel for shopping, lunch, or just wandering around. Also loved the Tram to Disneyland from the Hotel(or Monorail, whichever seemed quickest at the time).

The little arcade, the swimming pool, the grassy tent area, the super clean restrooms and showers.........it was one of only a handfull of campgrounds that earned Goodalls 5 star rating.

More than just a parking lot was lost for that thing they built south of Disneyland......a lot more
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

•   

I don't agree with the balcony debate...I'm glad they are gone, we don't need to see towels hung over the railing and kids falling off of them because their parents can't watch them responsibly as they climb those same railings. Point for Disney.

I do agree with the fact that they shouldn't name entire sections of the park after specific movies, such as the Pixar movies (i.e. Carsland, and the new Toy Story land in Disneyland Paris). You are so right that if these movies lose their popularity (and they will somewhat, not completely), replacing the entire areas rides and theme will be dramatically costly and will shut down a whole part of the park.

Look back at the re-theming of Paradise Pier, they weren't theming to a movie, just an era, so the recent re-theming was timely but was done in small spurts so they wouldn't have to have everything look horribly un-matched as they work on adjacent rides. Not to say that Carslands will lose it's steam, but even the classic disney films don't have one land to call their own. It just seems weird when you think about it but I get what they are trying to do, make it feel like the movie, just kinda pricey in the long run.....Cars isn't reallly a "classic" to me....just a theme for boys....
    Hollywood, 2013. Amidst the glitz and the glitter of bustling young techies at the height of its golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in its own right. A beacon for the Disney loving elite. Now, something is about to happen that will change all that. Marriage.
    03-07-2013

• Vroom, vroom!

Indeed, indeed, I know I brought up a tremendously negative thread, I forgot to mention the water falls, usually I like to think positive about everything, but wow...
    the loss of balconys in general is a loss, and the waterfalls that is a big loss. And I dont see too much positive other than the rooms will be much nicer, but... thinking that its disney they would have both ways, nice room and a balcony view.
    I am Scary Scott,

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast