Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I'm with all those that would have made an immediate stink to the rude cast member. I feel like Tommy Lee Jones in "Lonesome Dove", when he slammed the rude bartender's face into the counter... "I won't tolerate rudeness in a man". I'd happily push your chair, Crazy Legs.

We take my just-turned-90 year old grandmother to the parks a couple of times a year. She loves it there, and though there are very few rides she'll go on everyone has treated her like a queen. We've never had any problems, though the thought has crossed my mind to put a 'cow-catcher' on the front of her chair!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by speederscout
    We've never had any problems, though the thought has crossed my mind to put a 'cow-catcher' on the front of her chair!
    Funny you say that. My brother said the EXACT same thing when we were at the park on Saturday.

• All you need is LOVE

Funny you say that. My brother said the EXACT same thing when we were at the park on Saturday.
    LoL 'cow-catcher'
    Ha Ha

I need a stick to poke people....lol

• That's Hawt

ROFLMAO! I could just see it .... get outta the way!!!! Crazy Legs Coming Through!!! *poke* *poke* Mwa hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    ROFLMAO! I could just see it .... get outta the way!!!! Crazy Legs Coming Through!!! *poke* *poke* Mwa hahaha
    Dont you know it. Hey I could get a light saber.LOL

It can be very hard to get around. Maybe a air horn to.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    Thanks For all the replys. I was just wondering if there is any others in a wheelchair like I am that go to the parks.

I am a little concerned if I go to the meetings on Sundays That people might treat me diffrent.Sounds silly I know. I have had a few problems with the parks and people in the past.Even cast members.

I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    I know what you mean. Every time we go to DL I say that I am going to get my daughter one of those shirts that say "keep staring, I might do a trick"!
    Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.
    Remain Seated Please..... :o

• Nice Guy

Blog Entries
    I lost my leg so I get a lot of kids looking at it. At Sea World when they stare,I tell them that Shamu bit it off. Don't get too close to the edge.

I don't think that Disneyland could be wore than qanywhere else. Some people are very nice and make allowances. Others would just as soon run my *** over. What they don't know is I can move bretty fast in my chair ande i would go hit them in the ankles.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

• The Magics in the details

I'm not in a wheel chair, but have family members in and have spoken with countless guests at the parks in wheel chairs. Anyone know Gary, he's a DL regular. In any event, there are unfortunately, a LOT of kids that rent the chairs just for what they think will be quick access to the attractions, so a lot of CMs get a little frustrated, but that's really not an excuse for rude treatment of our ADA guests. Crazylegs, i hope that you will except my appologies on behalf of the DLR cast for your regretable treatment that day.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• Minion

I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?

• All you need is LOVE

My life it looks like I am a quad.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL

I almost bought that shirt last week at Target.It was on Sale.

• All you need is LOVE

Quote Originally Posted by desertdweller
    I'm very sorry about your predicament and the rude treatment by one cast member at the park. Is your confinement to a wheelchair temporary or are you faced with being dependent upon it for the rest of your life?
    Thanks i stay as + as I can since my injury.I have good and bad days.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggeriffic
    Some of the people we met up with at the park on Saturday noticed a lot of people staring at my brother and eventually asked someone "what, youve never seen a guy in a wheelchair before?" And these people who were staring were adults.

Adults are MUCH worse than kids. Kids will actually come up and ask "why can't she walk?" I don't mind that at all (neither does my daughter). It's the adults (a lot of them parents, great example for your kids) staring that drives me crazy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast