Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• 394 miles from D-land

DCA Taste Pilot's Grill Menu Change: OK, this time you've gone too far!

Just returned from one of our trips down to the DLR. Now all of us, I don't care who you are, have a meal, treat, dessert, or whatever that we consider our "guilty little pleasure". For some, it may be a Churro, a Dole Whip, or a Monte Cristo. Mine has always been the Aviator's Chicken Sandwich from Taste Pilot's Grill at California Adventure. We were there last week and I had the Sandwich on Tuesday. (Which was phenomenal, as always). On Thursday, we were debating where to go for lunch, and I convinced everyone we should make another trip to TPG. When I looked up at the menu, here's what I saw:

Chicken Nuggets had replaced the Aviators Chicken Sandwich! I asked the CM about the missing item, and she said that they had taken it off the menu on Wednesday, and that most of the CMs couldn't believe it. She said that the other CMs were actually protesting it's removal and was hopeful that it would return again soon...

• Animation Domination

Re: DCA Taste Pilot's Grill Menu Change: OK, this time you've gone too far!

Okay first the waffle fries and now this! No wonder I keep going to White Water Snacks for dinner when I visit the parks.
    "You are watching FOX"

• Artistic integrity

They got rid of the waffle fries? And now the chicken burger?

That's exactly what I would get there .. in every visit. That is, every visit up to a couple years ago.

In fact ... when Hollywood & Dine closed ... Taste Pilots became the only place I'd eat at. Since there's so few places within DCA that serve up a chicken sandwich.

Where else in DCA can one get a chicken sandwich/burger?

You know .. not everyone is for beef. And chicken-nuggets may be good enough for kids .. but not good enough for adults who don't like their chicken fried!

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

this keeps up people are going to end up eating out of the park!
    ( never had the sandwich or ate at taste pilots yet)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    You know .. not everyone is for beef. And chicken-nuggets may be good enough for kids .. but not good enough for adults who don't like their chicken fried!
    you know you like your chicken fried...and cold beer on a friday night....a pair of jeans that fit just right...and the radio uuuuuuuuuppppp....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0]YouTube - Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried (Full Version Video)[/ame]

• Artistic integrity

^^^
    that was clever!

Anyway .... I just went through every eatery in DCA in my head ..... Taste Pilots was pretty much the only counter-service place where one could get a chicken burger.

That leaves White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian left.

And if Disney decides to mess that up too .... I'll just go off property - h*ll with them!

• Established 2005

This makes no sense. If it's a budgetary issue, raise the price. Did the world run out of chickens??

Every time i go to the park we make sure to stop and eat here for the Aviators Chicken Sandwich. Honestly I will no longer be eating in the parks. Good Job on this one Disney....
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    This makes no sense. If it's a budgetary issue, raise the price. Did the world run out of chickens??
    It really makes you wonder ... the executive staff who come up with these decisions that make no sense.

Reminds me of the embankments at the entrance to Frontierland. They did a concrete rim .. and landscaping so properly prim .... then a few weeks or month later ... that was ripped up, and they fixed that little "blunder" they created.

And of course there are other executive decisions that I highly question - like the removal of the falls and koi ponds in favor of grass at the DLH.

It just goes on.....

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

UGH!! all I practically eat is chicken! well that and turkey. I'm not a big beef person. The most recent beef I've had is a Hebrew National all beef hotdog, but I haven't have a burger or steak in YEARS! Every time I go to DL I'm reduced to getting the chicken nuggets, guess that's what I'll still be eating

oh and p.s. all this talk about chicken sandwiches makes me want Chick-Fil-A
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Banned User

Seriously??? This is an issue? A fried sandwich? They still have the grilled one, which is healthier anyway. This is a step in the right direction if you ask me. Save the junk food for the Fast Food places. More food at Disney should move towards a quality direction like this.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidowBride View Post
    Every time I go to DL I'm reduced to getting the chicken nuggets, guess that's what I'll still be eating

No.

Screw them!

Just a quick walk to the other side of the street ..and you can get a grilled chicken sandwich at McDonalds.

Not terribly impressed with McD's quality .... there's Millies and Mimis where you can get a chicken burger to go!

Your legs will be happy they got a little more exercise!

Screw the mouse!

I'm telling you ... I'm getting into boycott mood ... If I see a crane bulldoze through those waterfalls in the DLH ... I will never give Disney my money to stay at their hotels ever again!

And if they can't provide one stinking place within both parks that can offer a chicken sandwich .... I'll gladly walk to the other side of Harbor Blvd.

• Koubu Pilot

It's probably because the chicken strips were becoming homeless again. Rips, Strips, and Dips was their original home and now it's part of Midway Mania, and their current home at Bountiful Valley Farmer's Market is set for demolition soon.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    Seriously??? This is an issue? A fried sandwich? They still have the grilled one, which is healthier anyway. This is a step in the right direction if you ask me. Save the junk food for the Fast Food places. More food at Disney should move towards a quality direction like this.
    No .. I think you missed it.

The poster is saying the GRILLED chicken burger went bye-bye.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    ^^^
    that was clever!

Anyway .... I just went through every eatery in DCA in my head ..... Taste Pilots was pretty much the only counter-service place where one could get a chicken burger.

That leaves White Water Snacks in the Grand Californian left.

And if Disney decides to mess that up too .... I'll just go off property - h*ll with them!
    Isn't there chicken sandwich at Hungry Bear?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast