Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Full Walking Tour of Disneyland in HD using Steadicam Stabilizer in 30mins

Hey All,

On my trip to Disneyland yesterday, I took a full tour around Disneyland using a Steadicam Stabilizer(a tool used to smooth out shaking while recording with a camcorder. That means no more motion sickness feeling while watching a moving video) to record the whole park. It took about 30 minutes to walk around the whole park going through every land. The full video is about 30 minutes long and is separated into two parts.

This video is great for people who haven't visited Disneyland before and want to catch a preview of how everything looks like.

Recorded on August 30th 2010.

Enjoy!

To view this video click on the link to enjoy it in a bigger screen. I have no idea why youtube looks like that when embedded it onto Micechat .

Part 1:

Main Street, U.S.A ---- 35 Second
    Fantasyland ---- 4:39
    Frontierland ---- 8:50
    New Orleans Square ---- 11:20
    Critter Country ---- 13:53

Part 2:

Adventureland ---- 2:28
    Tomorrowland ---- 6:50
    Mickey’s Toontown ---- 13:23

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxrIYzxRmAA"]YouTube - Full Walking tour of Disneyland in HD 2010 - using Steadicam Stabilizer test - Part 1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nTWeIz8hbI"]YouTube - Full Walking tour of Disneyland in HD 2010 - using Steadicam Stabilizer test - Part 2 of 2[/ame]

- vincema
    Last edited by vincema; 01-17-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    First Trip To WDW 8/16/09-8/27/09 was the best!!

• It's a dead man's party!

Re: AWESOME! Full Walking Tour of Disneyland in HD using Steadicam Stabilizer in 30mi

Oh, that's awesome! I'm guessing you own your own Steadicam vest? I'm surprised Disney security didn't stop you. My friend tried shooting something there once and they got suspicious because it looked too professional.

Anyway, great job!!
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• It all started on a train

Hemet, Ca (70 miles from Disneyland, just close enough to bike there ;) )

Re: AWESOME! Full Walking Tour of Disneyland in HD using Steadicam Stabilizer in 30mi

Great job!

"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." - Alfred Pennyworth - Batman Begins

• To far from Disneyland

This is really cool. Great Job!!

• wishing upon a star :)

i loved this!! awesome job

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentFan View Post
    I'm surprised Disney security didn't stop you.
    I was going to ask how you got a Steadicam in there?

I loved it!

• Nutty guy from Canada

Awesome video. Almost felt like it was me walking through the park. Thanks for sharing.
    The Chadwick's Online Photo & Video Galleries
    DLR: 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
    DCL: Alaska Cruise Aboard Disney Wonder 2013
    Planned Trips: DLR November 2014, WDW March 2017

Very Happy Disney Vacation Club Member Since 2010
    270 Points at The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa

• 'Til DEATH do us part...

Az, or not as close to Disneyland as I'd like to be :(

On behalf of someone who gets horrible motion sickness, I THANK YOU!! haha
    "We find it delightfully unlivable here in this ghostly retreat. Every room has wall-to-wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills. Shhh, listen!"
    -your host, your ghost host

Trips: 1992 1998 1999x2 2000 2007 2009 2011 2012 2014

Next Trip:
    ???

On Friday, October 14th, 2011, my boyfriend of 5 years proposed to me under the tunnel, right before the Court of Angels
    in Disneyland! Read my trip report about it here:http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/160167-dlr-mickeys-halloween-party-first-trip-report.html

Here is our honeymoon trip report from December 10th to the 15th 2012:http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...10th-15th.html

• Circle of Ancients

Can we see a picture of the set-up? I'd LOVE to have something like this for the Haunt video this year.

I'd love to see your setup as well.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Can we see a picture of the set-up? I'd LOVE to have something like this for the Haunt video this year.
    Might be one of these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Steadicam-Stabilizer-Stabilization-Camcorders-Pounds/dp/B000F7GCAK"]Amazon.com: Steadicam Merlin Stabilizer, Stabilization System for Camcorders up to Five Pounds. "Includes Free Travel Case $119 VALUE ": Camera & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415OsfOoqdL.@@AMEPARAM@@415OsfOoqdL[/ame]
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Good stuff.

I wanted to get the Indiehardware stedicam on Ebay, but didn't know exact how it would perform. I like the ball joint design better then the Merlin gimbal.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

Really nice...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast