Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: ElecTRONica Concept Art - DisneyParksBlog

Quote Originally Posted by SimpTwister View Post
    Not a fan of these temporary changes.

I'd love to see a permanent Tron attraction in HPB. But changing the whole Hollywood area to something else at night just seems weird to me.

It's already themed to Hollywood. That's not good enough? What's the point of re-theming a themed area?

Not to be a hater, it could be really fun. But this is my gut reaction.

This is the Disney way now, and it has been since the early 90s when they installed Disney Afternoon Avenue. Even part of Tomorrowland was transformed to be Toy Story Funhouse in 1995.

When John Lasseter and Pixar were brought back into the Disney house, one quote I remember is that Lasseter didn't see why they couldn't have an attraction hit when the movie did. He was tired of seeing the attractions come out years after the movie is gone. Synergy at its finest.

A lot of that quote from JL frightens the Crap Legacy out of me. But in a theme park like DCA where even an overlay like Glowfest is considered a welcome addition by many, I think a temporary thing is perfectly fine. Tron Legacy truly belongs in Tomorrowland but DCA is the park that needs help and I think taking advantage of all those empty buildings in Hollywood Pictures Backlot is a smart move.

I'll accept this as a test to gage audiences and improve the things that will be permanent. There's a lot of potential for TRON to live in the theme park and I think something like this would help weed out the bad... all while promoting and creating more excitement for a movie that already has me needing new pants everyday.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    I'll accept this as a test to gage audiences and improve the things that will be permanent.
    I agree. This Tron themed event could be further developed
    and undertaken so that it later can be transferred into Tomorrowland
    if it should prove to be a sucess.

There's a lot of potential for TRON to live in the theme park and I think something like this would help weed out the bad... all while promoting and creating more excitement for a movie that already has me needing new pants everyday.
    Nice.

It is really lost on me why this event is occurring in HPB, I get that they are trying to recreate glow fest and promote the new movie... but why isn't this in tomorrowland?! I mean glowing rave in 1920s Hollywood was already a stretch but now the future land of tron??? I think Disney really should have rethought this a little... but oh well... It look AMAZING! How i wish I could go! I wonder how long it is gonna be there?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Well HPB isn't 1920's yet and is still kinda modern so it works. In some weird way it works lol

• Animation Domination

It really looks amazing...probably better than glowfest.
    "You are watching FOX"

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Well HPB isn't 1920's yet and is still kinda modern so it works. In some weird way it works lol
    True! but idk I guess I'm just idealizing the situation with a tomorrowland that is actually futuristic! I think elecTRONica look awesome and I actually really like that they are bringing life to a part of the park that is usually deserted, from the boring monsters ride, the huge empty building that are just wasting space, to the outdated muppets movie, it will be great to see people there!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I agree TL would be way better fit but either way it still looks awesome and like such fun lol

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I like the look of this way better than Glow Fest. Is the park going to close at 8:00 still? Seems like a lot of work for just a couple hours of operating time. I think it could have been a nice addition to the Halloween party.

• Dream in wonderful color!

ElecTRONica will be a weekend only event (Fri-Sun), the park will close at 10PM on those days.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    It is really lost on me why this event is occurring in HPB, I get that they are trying to recreate glow fest and promote the new movie... but why isn't this in tomorrowland?! I mean glowing rave in 1920s Hollywood was already a stretch but now the future land of tron??? I think Disney really should have rethought this a little... but oh well... It look AMAZING! How i wish I could go! I wonder how long it is gonna be there?
    It is still Hollywood Pictures Backlot, it really hasn't taken on a 1920s theme just yet (that will probably happen when the HollywoodLand placemaking comes along.) Besides the Tomorrowland Terrace, there isn't much room to hold an event this size in Tomorrowland. With DL's smaller walkways it would be too crowded.

Why HPB? Tron theme, Tron is a movie, and Hollywood is all about the movies. Same reason Star Tours, Toy Story, Indiana Jones all reside in Disney's Hollywood Studios. If it's a movie, it fits into the Hollywood theme
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Artistic integrity

It's too bad I never got see Glow Fest 1.0 .. because it emulated the color scheme of WoC -(all colors of the rainbow)? Isn't that why it was created? To entertain people before their WoC showing? Looks like it's going to be an inundation of blues.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

Actually looks pretty tight.

Can't wait.

• Banned User

Re: ElecTRONica Concept Art

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Uggh! They should have started this one week earlier for Gay Day Weekend! Hello missing out on big revenue!
    That's what I'm saying, like hello, we (they) love to spend money. The price of the liquor is just an after thought

The concept art looks sorta kool but from the drawing board to reality is always a different story. I was hoping for a life-size thing of the Recognizers...

As it would act as a pedestal for the DJ and shoot out amazing strobe lights & lasers, etc.

i am glad its in DCA and not tomorrowland, there is no room for something like this in tomorrowland i think it works great i HPB and at the same time offsets it helps split the crowds while people watch WOC on the other side of the park.

• Banned User

I'm not even going to put up a front. You know those who were behind 'Glow Fest' & the upcoming 'elecTRONica' are gay friendly. Like all of us or those who are "open-minded." We dig that kinda of genre of music, from dance to trance to electronica, and tribal. Just go to WeHo (West Hollywood). Clubs like Mickey's or even the bi-sexual crowd of the atmosphere of 'The Abbey' or better yet... the Akbar in Silverlake! That atmosphere is so care free, every heterosexual female has no fear of a hunting man wolf!

No doubt, the O.C. is very BORING, and begging for a nightlife. Who wants to drive all the way to L.A. or Hollywood for a good time. OK, maybe I do but who wants to risk the risk? A resort is suppose to please ALL! Right? A night owl is a night owl!

I personally know a good handful of Disney employees who are gay & bi, from cast members to Disney Imagineers who have a hand in 'Glow Fest' to whatever. Trying to bring a nightlife to the Disneyland Resort or for those just want to DANCE! No matter, its human nature, people love to dance! Humans are social creatures! Period! I may be dating my age but I so miss Videopolis at Disneyland. Yes, Tomorrowland Terrence has a 'live' band or DJ "at times" but nothing beats a crowd of human interaction, dancing, etc.

What I love about Universal CityWalk, its caters to the locals, and always been L.A.s top notch of nightlife spot. That can't be said for Downtown Disney, right? A night owl is a night owl! A dancer is a dancer! Its just not families that go to Disneyland Resort. Couples to people having first dates, 20-somethings, etc, etc, etc, etc go to Disneyland too!

As Miss Summer would say...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TBmeK9Abg"]YouTube- I Feel Love - Donna Summer[/ame]
    Just Feel Love... (the starting age of electronica)

PS
    I wouldn't be surprised if 'elecTRONica' has a pre-testing during Gay Days, OCT 1-3, the real critics of dance music & fun =)
    Last edited by JMora; 09-02-2010 at 12:03 AM.

• Minion

^I Don't think glowfest was designed for the gays, but more for families. Umm.. yeah haha and they picked a pop/hit music choice so it would appeal to most people.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast