Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Daft Punk should perform at ElecTRONica.

There's a simple solution. Don't announce it. Just have them there. By the time word gets out it would be way to late for a massive crowd to get there... only those already there.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

The demand for a DP show in such a special place would be insane. Tommy Tutone is nowhere (yes even for his time) near the level of an act the French Robots are. The Osmonds at their peak is a closer comparison to demand in regards to selling out venues, but communication and hype are an entirely different game now. Having DP perform at any Disney Park is like announcing U2 or Gaga will be in the house. You will get a ton of people showing up to try and see it. Where ever they would perform in the parks, it wouldn't be enough space for the potential demand.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    There's a simple solution. Don't announce it. Just have them there. By the time word gets out it would be way to late for a massive crowd to get there... only those already there.
    This.
    If you want them to get there, and make it a big deal in the parks, go for a ticketed event.
    But the best way is to have be a 'oh we're stopping by to do a little 2 hour jam session.' kind of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    This.
    If you want them to get there, and make it a big deal in the parks, go for a ticketed event.
    But the best way is to have be a 'oh we're stopping by to do a little 2 hour jam session.' kind of deal.
    A secret show! That's what I'm talking about!

Not so secret that we wouldn't know about it though (add winky emoticon here).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    The demand for a DP show in such a special place would be insane. Tommy Tutone is nowhere (yes even for his time) near the level of an act the French Robots are. The Osmonds at their peak is a closer comparison to demand in regards to selling out venues, but communication and hype are an entirely different game now. Having DP perform at any Disney Park is like announcing U2 or Gaga will be in the house. You will get a ton of people showing up to try and see it. Where ever they would perform in the parks, it wouldn't be enough space for the potential demand.
    How about the round at TDL? where they're putting Fan!. That spot holds like...20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    How about the round at TDL? where they're putting Fan!. That spot holds like...20,000.
    Best spot, but there would still be a lot of sad glow stick enthusiasts (yes they are big there too and i would consider traveling). The sickest thing would be the official Disney Rave with DP headlining and other acts throughout the parks in a late night to sunrise event. That'll never happen, but it would be dreamy.

• Blew By You

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    As much as I would just die if this were to get approved, I simply can't imagine the normal park operations being able to handle this kind of crush of fans. HPB can only fit what, one or two thousand people? This would have to be a ticketed event like after park hours or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coast21 View Post
    Agreed, it would have to be a ticketed event. If it were ticketed I'd swoop those tickets up in a heart beat.
    You can have my ticket then. Sounded good to me but I'm more of a jazz/swing/classical/oldies kind of guy. Beatles anyone?

• Future Skipper

Sigh... If only...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    You can have my ticket then. Sounded good to me but I'm more of a jazz/swing/classical/oldies kind of guy. Beatles anyone?
    Lucy In the Sky With Diamond's, halla! Yea, I'm very diverse about my tunes.

• Future Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Yes!
    The Beatles should play at Disneyland.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    Yes!
    The Beatles should play at Disneyland.
    Done.

I'm sure 2 out of the 4 are hanging out at The Haunted Mansion :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    I'm sure 3 out of the 4 are hanging out at The Haunted Mansion :P
    Ringo and Paul would still be riding doom buggies. John and George might be jamming in the graveyard though.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    Ringo and Paul would still be riding doom buggies. John and George might be jamming in the graveyard though.
    Oh that's right Ringo is still alive xD

• Disney Fan & Musician

it would have to be a ticketed event, but I'd pay more than admission for this.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast