Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• I'm not really here

Re: Daft Punk should perform at ElecTRONica.

I already posted the solution to this whole thing... don't do it as an announced show.
    Just have elecTRONica start as normal and then a bit in, pull out Daft Punk and have them spin for an hour or two and done. Since no one will know and since it isn't announced, people won't come in huge droves. No need for additional security.

Also, how did DLRP handle the crowds when they reopened SM:M2 and had Tiesto spinning all night? They literally had a whole rave going in Tomorrowland with lasers, lights and fireworks. Did they have a huge drug problem?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I already posted the solution to this whole thing... don't do it as an announced show.
    Just have elecTRONica start as normal and then a bit in, pull out Daft Punk and have them spin for an hour or two and done. Since no one will know and since it isn't announced, people won't come in huge droves. No need for additional security.

Also, how did DLRP handle the crowds when they reopened SM:M2 and had Tiesto spinning all night? They literally had a whole rave going in Tomorrowland with lasers, lights and fireworks. Did they have a huge drug problem?
    Quoted for excellence.

• wanderlust

Yes! This! Exactly. If you can have a huge name like Tiesto spinning without a ridiculous problem of known drug use you can have the same for Daft Punk. Hopefully.
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

Oh and btw DJ Tiesto FTW!

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    This.
    If you want them to get there, and make it a big deal in the parks, go for a ticketed event.
    But the best way is to have be a 'oh we're stopping by to do a little 2 hour jam session.' kind of deal.
    Wow, how did I know I'd find Jake in here? Is this where your recent fascination with Daft Punk came from?

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gaston View Post
    considered the best DJ group of all time,
    Thats debatable lol

• WDW Spring Adv. CP 2009!!

Damn having daft punk would be so epic, this would have to be a private event but I would definitely pay
    Follow Me on

Add me on

Just let me know you are from micechat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp View Post
    Who keeps their drugs in their bags? You can have 100's of extra security. Drugs get in via shoes, socks, underwear, bras, wallets, and 50 other places. All hardcore parties have security just like you mentioned. A lot of the times, actual law enforcement uniformed PD officers are there checking you knowing you have drugs on you, but they know they CANNOT do anything. It is illegal to strip search you without cause. This is all well known. They have hundreds of security at these parties checking every hardcore partier, but anyone can sneak drugs(small pills, small acid tabs, small bags of K and coke) in other places besides a bag.

I've seen Daft live and I always dream of a party like this at Disneyland, but I don't see how it could happen, unless it's a surprise show during the day... which would be turn out badly.
    Seriously, I just saw Megadeth and Slayer Sunday and my friend snuck a bag of weed in, security is lax at best during concerts.

Quote Originally Posted by BrizMarc View Post
    Thats debatable lol
    Debatable my dariare my good sir xD

Daft Punk at the elecTRONica opening hunh... hmmmmmmm

• Circle of Ancients

While this would indeed be one of the most awesome things EVER, I just can't see it happening.

Moreover, I'm not even sure WHERE they could perform. You can't put a stage in Paradise Bay anymore due to WOC. You could use the stage in the entry plaza (where the sun is) but that area isn't big enough to hold all of the people who would want to see the show.

Having it in Disneyland when ElecTRONica is at DCA makes absolutely NO sense. You could "maybe" do a hard-ticket performance in the Hyperion, but DP isn't really a "sit-down" type concert.

If anything I'm thinking they will be playing the TRON soundtrack and DP tracks with some kind of video projections on the blue wall near the Hyperion.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I'm sorry I have to ask this but... What is Daft Punk?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• wanderlust

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    I'm sorry I have to ask this but... What is Daft Punk?
    Let me google that for you

All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• soul reflector.

As someone who has booked talent for raves/clubs/etc since the mid 90's, I can tell you this would almost certainly never happen. I have inquired about booking Daft before (several years ago, granted) and let me tell you their fee for JUST performance is quite high (tens of thousands) and that does not include their rider for amenities, travel, equipment, etc.. Having Daft Punk come in and play unannounced, and without a separate fee/ticketed event, would be a huge financial loss for Disney.

However, if Disney did pay for Daft to perform at the park, I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Also, how did DLRP handle the crowds when they reopened SM:M2 and had Tiesto spinning all night? They literally had a whole rave going in Tomorrowland with lasers, lights and fireworks.
    Also.. if I remember right, this was a separate ticketed event? Meaning it wasn't just park admission that got you into the Tiesto show. That would be much more feasible financially if they wanted to do a Daft or Tiesto show at DLR.
    Last edited by sekwence; 09-05-2010 at 06:59 AM.

• long time listener

That would be great!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast