Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• I'm not really here

Re: Daft Punk should perform at ElecTRONica.

Quote Originally Posted by sekwence View Post
    As someone who has booked talent for raves/clubs/etc since the mid 90's, I can tell you this would almost certainly never happen.
    Oh I wasn't saying it would happen... I was simply pointing out that it could be done and made to work quite nicely actually.

And as Daft Punk were under contract with Disney to do the soundtrack for the film, it is possible, especially knowing Disney, that there is a clause in there dealing with promotion of the film. It could be invoked to contractually obligate them to appear. As this would be part of the film contract, their pay from the film would be what covers the show.

I speak theoretically here. These kinds of things are completely possible, if not very likely.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by ladollhouse View Post
    You didn't have to put the there.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

The google search prompted me to look at [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daft_Punk"]Daft Punk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]. Who knew Disney played a roll in their eventual world domination?:

Homework era (1993–1999)
    In 1993 Daft Punk attended a rave at EuroDisney, where they met Stuart Macmillan of Slam, co-founder of the label Soma Quality Recordings.[4] The demo tape given to Macmillan at the rave formed the basis for Daft Punk's debut single, "The New Wave", a limited release in 1994.[9]

Quote Originally Posted by BottomzUp View Post
    Who keeps their drugs in their bags? You can have 100's of extra security. Drugs get in via shoes, socks, underwear, bras, wallets, and 50 other places. All hardcore parties have security just like you mentioned. A lot of the times, actual law enforcement uniformed PD officers are there checking you knowing you have drugs on you, but they know they CANNOT do anything. It is illegal to strip search you without cause. This is all well known. They have hundreds of security at these parties checking every hardcore partier, but anyone can sneak drugs(small pills, small acid tabs, small bags of K and coke) in other places besides a bag.

I've seen Daft live and I always dream of a party like this at Disneyland, but I don't see how it could happen, unless it's a surprise show during the day... which would be turn out badly.

We were rolling for WoC, but paid close attention to the fact that they walked (what looked like) drug dogs through the crowds once we were all let into the various sections (threading in and out of sections, making sure to get close to pretty much everyone at one point or another)-this happened all 3 nights we saw it, so it seems like the norm to me..So I would imagine having dogs during the bag searches would deter enough people to NOT allow it to become Coachella '06 or Vegoose '07 all over again..(which, by the way, WAS AWESOME!!!)

• Banned User

Forget Daft Punk, Disney should really think about bringing Deadmau5 (pronounced "dead mouse") to elecTRONica! The DJ's iconic mask fits right at home, no? =) Never mind he's an awesome DJ as well.

Midway through this vid, check out the LED mouse mask he uses for this set...
    YouTube - Sometimes things get complicated Coachella 2010
    YouTube - OFFICIAL - LIVE, DEADMAU5 Coachella 2010 PART 2 - HQ
    YouTube - [HD] Deadmau5 LIVE HD VIDEO 2/2: I Remember, Brazil 2nd edit, Radio 1's Big Weekend 2009!
    Check out the set design, the people who were behind Daft Punk's last tour.
    Last edited by JMora; 09-17-2010 at 06:07 PM.

• Ever been to Baía?

Just read these quotes from Daft Punks wiki page

"In September 2010, The Daily Swarm reported that the duo would perform live sets in major cities to promote the film"

"
    Daft Punk will make a cameo appearance in the film as disc jockey programs at a nightclub within the film's virtual world. Tron: Legacy co-star Olivia Wilde also stated that the duo may be involved with future promotional events related to the film"

I'm beyond stoked now.

Here's a rumor.

If this is true, this is going to kill me. i have Arcade Fire tickets that night.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345