Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Daft Punk should perform at ElecTRONica.

I brought this up in the ElecTRONica thread and got positive reception for this idea.
    My idea is to bring Daft Punk to perform for one night at ElecTRONica, whether that is on Opening or Closing night it doesn't matter, they need to do so.
    For those about to combat about the outright ridiculousness of the idea, here's why they should perform:

1. They are composers for Tron Legacy

As most of you may or may not know, Daft Punk are the official composers of the musical score for Tron Legacy, bringing them in would not only be an amazing feat, but it would also tie-in with the movie and it makes just about as logical sense.

2. Daft Punk = $$$

Bringing in Daft Punk is an instant moneymaker, they're world renowned for their music and are considered the best DJ group of all time, not only do they have the world wide recognition to bring people to DCA, they have the marketability as well. Bringing in Daft Punk for 1 night, will boost DCA attendance by the thousands and the simple fact that the performance wouldn't be until nighttime will keep people in the park, which is what DCA needs at this point.

3. Disney will be recognized

With the competition from Knott's and Universal (especially Universal with their Harry Potter land) bringing in Daft Punk will put Disney ON THE MAP. If a major corporation like Disney can bring in musical talent of this calibur into their parks, it'll not only break them out of the kid friendly image for that instance, but people will look at Disney more seriously and take them more seriously as not only a worldwide entertainment conglomerate, but a theme park juggernaut.

4. Daft Punk ROCKS.

You don't need an explanation to tell you that.

What do you guys think?

Re: Daft Punk should perform at ElecTRONica.

Ive been saying this since i first heard about electronica.
    Ive never camped for fantasmic but Id camp in the HPB to make sure Im there for Daft Punks set

• I'm not really here

I've been hoping for this since elecTRONica was announced as well. Daft Punk is amazing and the marketing would go through the roof.

If DLRP can bring in Tiesto for the SM2 opening, then DLR should definitely bring in Daft Punk for this.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

More likely at one of the film's upcoming premieres on the studio's and/or label's dime or with big ticket promotional partner sponsorship budget dollars.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Just to show you how intense a Daft Punk concert can get:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGECJP3phyY]YouTube - Daft Punk - HARDER BETTER FASTER STRONGER (Alive 2007)[/ame]

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Just an FYI. Wizarding World has no effect on the popularity of the DLR. If anything Horror Nights at USH would have more of an effect on this than anything else here on the West Coast.

• I'm not really here

Here is a much less "jumpy" cut of that video with some different stage effects.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ItqVgaTIjI]YouTube - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Alive 2007 Radio Edit) video[/ame]

They would DEFINITELY take the popularity level up to an unheard of level.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Here is a much less "jumpy" cut of that video with some different stage effects.

YouTube - Harder Better Faster Stronger (Alive 2007 Radio Edit) video

They would DEFINITELY take the popularity level up to an unheard of level.
    Thank you for this, I was trying to find a better video and I think you've found it for me.

I can just imagine a giant pyramid in the middle of HB xD

• It's a dead man's party!

This needs to happen!!!!!!
    Ghost Mickey Popcorn Bucket Mission? 10/14/10 SUCCESS! FINALLY!!!!

• keh!

i would be there in an instant!!! i would love for that to happen. but it wouldn't surprise me if some stale, out of touch exec prohibits that from happening.

• Yeah.....

As much as I would just die if this were to get approved, I simply can't imagine the normal park operations being able to handle this kind of crush of fans. HPB can only fit what, one or two thousand people? This would have to be a ticketed event like after park hours or something.

• DCA FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    As much as I would just die if this were to get approved, I simply can't imagine the normal park operations being able to handle this kind of crush of fans. HPB can only fit what, one or two thousand people? This would have to be a ticketed event like after park hours or something.
    Agreed, it would have to be a ticketed event. If it were ticketed I'd swoop those tickets up in a heart beat.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

A Daft performance in the park would have a private event. The chaos of people trying to secure a spot for the show in a general situation would be a crazy headache for cms and security. i would drop large $$$ to get into a sweet show like this. Hopefully it would be a full set. i've seen them 3 times and each was fantastic.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    A Daft performance in the park would have a private event. The chaos of people trying to secure a spot for the show in a general situation would be a crazy headache for cms and security. i would drop large $$$ to get into a sweet show like this. Hopefully it would be a full set. i've seen them 3 times and each was fantastic.
    Why? In high school I saw Tommy Tutone perform 867-5309 in the outdoor theatre that now houses Captain EO and that was free and it didn't cause a headache for the CMs or the guests. And in years prior to that they had equally big names (for their times) such as the Osmonds or Louis Armstrong or Count Basie. And they similarly did not charge extra for those performances nor did they cause any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Why? In high school I saw Tommy Tutone perform 867-5309 in the outdoor theatre that now houses Captain EO and that was free and it didn't cause a headache for the CMs or the guests. And in years prior to that they had equally big names (for their times) such as the Osmonds or Louis Armstrong or Count Basie. And they similarly did not charge extra for those performances nor did they cause any problems.
    That's what I thought too, if the freakin' Osmonds can perform at DL without impending chaos and anarchy, why would it be hard to fit DP in?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast