Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Real Location of Radiator Springs

The setting for the fictional town of Radiator Springs is situated between Gallup, New Mexico and the Sonoran Desert in California. However, the physical location of Radiator Springs in relation to I-40 is similar to that of Peach Springs, Arizona.
    Lasseter told film critic Joe Williams of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that much of the story is based on the recollections of barber Angel Delgadillo in the Route 66 town of Seligman, Arizona, where business withered soon after the opening of I-40.
    Willy's Butte resembles the landmark of Mexican Hat, Utah.
    Near "Ornament Valley" (a reference to Monument Valley) is derived from the rugged Black Mountains in Arizona, and the famous Cadillac Ranch sculpture in Amarillo, Texas.
    Lizzie's Curio Shop in Radiator Springs resembles the crazy Route 66 jumble of memorabilia and knick-knacks at Hackberry General Store in Hackberry, Arizona and the Sand Hills Curiosity Shop, aka the City Meat Market building in Erick, Oklahoma.
    The bridge that McQueen sees Sally driving on resembles several bridges on Route 66, including the Cyrus Avery Route 66 Memorial Bridge in Tulsa, the Colorado Street Bridge in Pasadena, California, and the now-closed bridge over Diablo Canyon at Two Guns, Arizona.
    Ok so I just got back from a road trip from California to Texas. I was really excited to see all the rocks and tourist stuff ( like my own privet screening of cars land) but then I noticed that the rocks in the cars land concept art didn’t start showing up till Arizona and then through New Mexico. NO where in California did I even see something close to the cars land landscape…..above is the only thing I could find on the location of cars land…..so I ask this question why are they building a New Mexico/Arizona-land in a California themed park??

some pictures from the trip wich are taken in AZ-NM

Last edited by DreamImagineCreate; 09-02-2010 at 08:55 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/DreamImagineCreate

Home of Miniature Disneyland

Re: The Real Location of Radiator Springs

No comment

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Are those Northern AZ pic's?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Because the suits who developed a theme park based on California know little to nothing about what California is really about...

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Because the suits who developed a theme park based on California know little to nothing about what California is really about...
    that could be true
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Idk...Vasquez rocks here in CA and Red Rock Canyon look mighty similar to Radiator Springs as well so there are places in CA that resemble it but eh all a matter of opinion. I think Carsland is more representative of CA's love for car culture and Route 66 and the glamorized open desert highways...compared to AZ, CA deserts are at least IMO not as pretty(I ay be biased being from CA's Mojave). AZ has beautiful desert and representing what is in the film is prettier than making it CA. I think the vibe of the land will feel Californian though...the old, retro CA of cars and road trips.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Cars was a film that was made in California... ok, it's a stretch, but still...
    -Bill

.Vasquez rocks here in CA and Red Rock Canyon look mighty similar to Radiator Springs
    Does Route 66 run through these ??

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    No comment

• Banned User

I think it make sense seeing as carsland will be in the eastern section of the park, so it's like AZ transitioning to CA. Like a real mini rt66!

• Minion

Does Route 66 have a speed limit?

• Minion

Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is in Los Angeles County, near Agua Dulce. It has been used as a background for a number of TV shows and movies including the Star Trek series. It is not along Route 66 though.

Cadillac Ranch near Amarillo, Texas is near to and visible from Route 66.

Valley of Fire State Park is in Nevada.

"The Wave" is a rock formation in the Coyote Buttes area on the Arizona-Utah border:

Peach Springs, Arizona was on Route 66:

Give it a few more years and DCA will become simply WDA... Walt Disney's Adventure.

Or

Disney Adventure Kingdom

Vasquez Rocks Natural Area Park is in Los Angeles County, near Agua Dulce. It has been used as a background for a number of TV shows and movies including the Star Trek series. It is not along Route 66 though.
    See these rocks look more like the landscape they’re making but because this land is based off Pixar’s Cars ,you need the rock work and route 66, you can’t have one without the other.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamImagineCreate View Post
    See these rocks look more like the landscape they’re making but because this land is based off Pixar’s Cars ,you need the rock work and route 66, you can’t have one without the other.
    In that case, you have to throw out all references to Monument Valley and Mexican Hat and the Grand Canyon.

And while we're at it, since Cars took place in Peach Springs, AZ, we really have to throw out all references to the red rocks of Gallup or any of New Mexico, Texas or Oklahoma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast