Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pixar Theme Park

A couple years ago, I was watching a YouTube video of the announcement of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.
    Naturally the comments were a flurry of activity, some were excited to see the Subs coming back, others were disappointed that it was going to be Finding Nemo themed.
    One such comment showed disappointment in what the user called the “Pixarification” of Tommorowland and suggested that Disney build a land devoted solely to Pixar Animation.
    I have decided to do a bit of armchair Imagineering and design one, however I’m going to take it a step further and design a whole park. I’ve come up with a couple ideas but I’m still a little stuck, if you have any ideas, please post them. When I have enough I will post another article describing the entire park. If I use your idea, I will give you credit for it.

This is what I have so far.

The Park will be comprised of six areas; one of these areas will be modeled after the Pixar Animation Studio and will serve as the Main Street of the park. I would like some sort of attraction showing the history of Pixar leading up to it’s affiliation with Disney, as well as a Main Street Cinema of sorts, featuring some of the shorts that Pixar made before Toy Story.

The other five areas will be based on the following films:
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc.
    Finding Nemo
    The Incredibles
    UP
    Wall-E
    I need suggestions on Attractions, Stores, Restaurants, and the Themed Areas, everything from what they look like, to the story behind it.

I do plan on importing a few attractions from other parks, like the Monsters Inc. Flashlight Tag from Tokyo Disney, I will not copy rides from neighboring parks, I am placing this at Disneyland, CA, so Buzz Light-year Astro Blasters, Toy Story Midway Mania, and The Submarine Voyage are out (I'm imagining this at the Disneyland Resort in California, for future reference). I will not import any rides from the Toy Story Playland at the Disney Studios in Paris, so don’t bother suggesting it.

I will take questions and will answer them as quickly as I can, I don't want any comments that are jus "Dude! That's an awsome Idea!" you can say that but please post an idea with it.

Please be as creative as you possibly can. Other than what I have above, you’re only limit is your imagination. That’s what Armchair Imagineering is, it’s only going as far as the Blue Sky Process.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by coasterjudge; 09-06-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Pixar Theme Park

Pixarification? We go from Magnification....Magnification to Pixarification?

So are Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Toy Story Mania, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters aren't in your park or you want them taken out of all the parks?

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Just say NO to the Disneyfication of Pixarland!!!!
    Matthew

What about Cars, Wall E, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and A Bugs Life? I am not opposed to a Pixar theme park but if you are going to do one movie better do them all. Its not like there are that many.

• Lighting Design Lover

If you wanted to make a Pixar park, it might be better if they found someway to make the lands a little more general, so they could keep adding on to it as they came up with more movies.

Maybe like some sort of futuristic Pixar land (including Wall-e and buzzlightyear like thing). Maybe a city or urbanish land (maybe the incredibles or toy story, things that would be found in homes and cities, or the Up home with a simulator to fly you out of the city). An animal/nature land (Nemo and Bugs Life). The list could go on, but it might be more versatile then lands based on movies themselves.

• Banned User

People seem to have a resistance to Pixar themed attractions, but.. the sad state of affairs is that they have been the money makers for Disney, cranking out classic movies for them since the mid 90's w/ Disney animated films taking a backseat to them. They want to integrate their newer stuff in with the classics, and seriously.... since 2000 or so what has Disney put out on par w/ the Pixar films? MAYBE The Princess and the Frog. There has been a huge influx of Pixar because Disney animated films have been largely weak for a decade now.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Pixarification of attractions over the years have been a nuisance (especially when it's an old attraction rethemed to Pixar) but they were harmless as they were only limited to 1-2 attractions per film per park.

It's when they started building a whole land to a single film in the Disney parks that the Pixarification went too far...and it's worse when 2 of the three Pixar themed lands (that we have or will have) are nothing more than glossified carnival rides.

I'm against a Pixar themed park because it's rather unfair. Disney could've easily created immersive themed lands to their big non-Pixar hits like Beauty and the Beast or The Lion King but didnt. The closest thing they've done is Mermaid Lagoon (themed mostly to The Little Mermaid) at Tokyo Disneysea. But I'm not a fan of this either. I like the diverse film representation in all of the lands in the parks. And having a land completely devoted to a single Pixar film is a rather intimidating thing in a Disney park. This is why I prefer that Pixar representation be limited. At most I would've preferred that the parks would feature one attraction with a post-ride store attached (and an optional eating place) for each Pixar film. (Toy Story can be an exception because Woody and Buzz represent Frontierland and Tomorrowland respectively).

Plus you only give Disney bad ideas if you create a solely Pixar themed park. Next they'll want to do a solely Pirate themed park and a solely Princess themed park. Oh god, the chaos that would cause!

• Blew By You

As long as Disney doesn't go the CedarParkification or 6Flagsification routes. We may have to storm the citadel to rescue it.

• Minion

why is everyone hating lol coasterjudge is just using his imagination to do something fun.

• Sorcerer in Training

It's cool to do something fun like coasterjudge is doing right now.

However, I'm not quite sure that a Pixar is a big enough enterprise for the Imagineers to do a whole park after. I think Disney might be pushing Pixar a little bit too much, almost an "in your face" thing. While many rides are great (Buzz, Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Crush's Coaster, Monsters Hide and Go Seek), I don't see them being able to keep them up. I do have faith in the Imagineers for being able to create a great product.

However, if they push one entity too much, people will get sick of it and think "Give me a break already." In the imagination, like coasterjudge's, it is wonderful, and maybe he will come up with Imagineering worthy rides. In actuality, the pushing of one entity is annoying. I'm not dissing Pixar, I'm saying Disney shouldn't over-do it. Look at Hannah Montana, the Jonas Brothers, and all those other silly franchises. People get sick of it. In reality, Disney would have a tough time with a Pixar Park, especially with you guys.

Now go for your Pixar Park!

P.S. Isn't it ironic that Michael Eisner almost killed their relationship, and Iger comes along and now Pixar springs up like crazy?
    YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
    -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
    -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571

Pixar Theme Park

A couple years ago, I was on YouTube watching a video of the announcement of the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage Ride.
    Naturally the comments were a flurry of activity, some were excited to see the Subs coming back, others were disappointed that it was going to be Finding Nemo themed.
    One such comment showed disappointment in what the user called the ďPixarificationĒ of Tommorowland and suggested that Disney build a land devoted solely to Pixar Animation.
    I have decided to do a bit or armchair Imagineering and design one, however Iím going to take it a step further and design a whole park. Iíve come up with a couple ideas but Iím still a little stuck, if you have any ideas, please post them. When I have enough I will post another article describing the entire park. If I use your idea, I will give you credit for it.

This is what I have so far.

The Park will be comprised of six areas; one of these areas will be modeled after the Pixar Animation Studio and will serve as the Main Street of the park. I would like some sort of attraction showing the history of Pixar leading up to itís affiliation with Disney, as well as a Main Street Cinema of sorts, featuring some of the shorts that Pixar made before Toy Story.

The other five areas will be based on the following films:
    Toy Story
    Monsters Inc.
    Finding Nemo
    The Incredibles
    Wall-E

I need suggestions on Attractions, Stores, Restaurants, and the Themed Areas, everything from what they look like to the story behind it.

I do plan on importing a few attractions from other parks, like the Monsters Inc. Flashlight Tag from Tokyo Disney, I will not copy rides from the neighboring parks, I am placing this at Disneyland, CA, so Buzz Light-year Astro Blasters, Toy Story Midway Mania, and The Submarine Voyage are out. I will not import any rides from the Toy Story Playland at the Disney Studios in Paris, so donít bother suggesting it.
    If you have any questions I will gladly answer them. Please, donít just post comments like, ďDude! This is a great idea!Ē please post an idea with it.

Please be as creative as you possibly can. Other than what I have above, youíre only limit is your imagination. Thatís what Armchair Imagineering is; itís only going as far as the Blue Sky Process.

Good Luck!
    "Disneyland will never be complete as long as there is imagination left in the world" -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Pixarification? We go from Magnification....Magnification to Pixarification?

So are Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Toy Story Mania, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters aren't in your park or you want them taken out of all the parks?
    I'm just quoting the users comment, I didn't come up with the word but it does kind of fit doesn't it?

And I'm not going to put these rides in my park, I imagining this place as a third park at Disneyland, so it would seem kind of Redundant to have them there, and I can't really think of anywhere I would put them.

• Minion

how about the Nemo stage show that they have in WDW, as well as their Nemo ride? For incredibles having something based on the island and the robot would be cool. then for Wall-E how about a People Mover of sorts?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger_Twin89 View Post
    What about Cars, Wall E, Ratatouille, The Incredibles and A Bugs Life? I am not opposed to a Pixar theme park but if you are going to do one movie better do them all. Its not like there are that many.

Believe me, I would love to do all of them but Ratatouille just doesn't seem feasable for an entire land, other than a ride that covers the whole story, I can't think of anything else.

Cars and A Bugs Life have their own lands in DCA (well Cars will in 2012) so there's no point in repeating that, seeing as this park is placed at Disneyland Resort.

And I did mean to include Wall-E but somehow forgot to type it up, thank you for reminding me.

Lightbulb Re: Pixar Theme Park

Quote Originally Posted by TTN View Post
    If you wanted to make a Pixar park, it might be better if they found someway to make the lands a little more general, so they could keep adding on to it as they came up with more movies.

Maybe like some sort of futuristic Pixar land (including Wall-e and buzzlightyear like thing). Maybe a city or urbanish land (maybe the incredibles or toy story, things that would be found in homes and cities, or the Up home with a simulator to fly you out of the city). An animal/nature land (Nemo and Bugs Life). The list could go on, but it might be more versatile then lands based on movies themselves.
    I like that Idea, keep in mind I'm still in the... I geuss you could call it a preproduction phase, I haven't really determined everything yet. Perhaps a marriage of the two ideas we have, like giving maybe one or two movies there own land (say, Monsters Inc., Toy Story and The Incredibles) and mash the other movies into collective areas based on their themes.

Somthing to think about

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast