Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Mac Daddy's 2010 Summer/Fall Nightastically Heavy Photo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Thanks for the reminder, PS. I...um...it sort of slipped my mind, but I'll try to get on that this weekend. (My bad!)

For the castle photo, there are actually people walking back and forth in that shot. I was able to save some of the shots with photoshop, but on others, like the one you mentioned, if you look closely you can see a blur across the middle, and another over on the hedge on the right hand side. The blurs are people as they crossed while I was shooting. The people generally tend to disappear during a long exposure shot, but light up swords, balloons, and blue CM flashlights play havoc with trying to clean up a shot. But there are no people beyond that initial line crossing in front of me as I got there early and camped out. I thought about trying to shoot from further back in order to get more of the shell bursts behind the castle, but then I always ran the risk of a kid on someone's shoulders or worse...one of those light up balloons floating right into the shot.

Thanks for your comment, and I'll try to get on that shot asap. You know that I'm getting to that age when my memory just isn't what it used to be...
    Hey not a problem! Remember, I'm older than you are I totally understand getting busy, and this time of the year there is so much going on and its hard to keep up with everything with so many different things going on and.....

...... what were we talking about again?

And I thought it might be the long shutter speed exposure that "ghosted" out anyone... but usually there are more tell tail signs of them being there. At any rate... wow. Just... wow. I continue to be in awe and know that even if I had a camera like yours, I don't have the patience to learn how to really use it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

All I can say is Wow! Wow! Wow!!!! You are a fireworks photographing GENIUS!!!! Your pictures are gorgeous!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! Love your work!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hey not a problem! Remember, I'm older than you are I totally understand getting busy, and this time of the year there is so much going on and its hard to keep up with everything with so many different things going on and.....

...... what were we talking about again?

And I thought it might be the long shutter speed exposure that "ghosted" out anyone... but usually there are more tell tail signs of them being there. At any rate... wow. Just... wow. I continue to be in awe and know that even if I had a camera like yours, I don't have the patience to learn how to really use it.
    Thanks Pengy! And thanks for coming back and visiting my thread even though it's getting pretty old. It was fun hanging out with you last month, and I hope you get to make another trip soon. I'll try to get your photo emailed to you this weekend. I'm getting the lights and tree up, but I'm also trying to get caught up on my loooooong list of stuff to do. Thanks for being patient!

Quote Originally Posted by Kangel View Post
    All I can say is Wow! Wow! Wow!!!! You are a fireworks photographing GENIUS!!!! Your pictures are gorgeous!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!! Love your work!!!
    Thanks Kangel. Again...I don't know about the genious part. I can't begin to tell you how many shots I've lost over the last three days due to me leaving the bracketing on, ISO too high, lens cap on, camera turned off, etc, etc. At those moments, I am ANYTHING but a genius. But thanks just the same.

My last two batches should be up tonight!

....you know....in case there is anyone out there who is still visiting this ancient thread.

• Minion

Man... those fireworks shots.... You're KILLING me Bill, You're KILLING me!!!
    Life is far too short for bland food!

Flickr page: www.flickr.com/ringoffirehotsauce
    You Tube: www.youtube.com/ringoffireguy
    Facebook: http://profile.to/michaelgreening/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/RingofFire1
    Personal website: www.mikeanddianes.com

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part XIII: Even More Random Shots From Around the DLR

Only two more sections to go! Even though I've said this countless times in this thread, THANK YOU for coming back to look at the tail end of what has turned out to be over 300 shots. I wasn't planning to go this long, but as I had stockpiled quite a few shots over the Summer and into the Fall, I had a large pile that I wanted to share. So now that it's been several weeks since I began this thread, I really appreciate all of you who are still looking at the photos!

On we go...

And....I wanted to try some macro photography while I was in the park. As many of you know, the candy corn colored floweres in Fantasyland drew TONS of bees during October. As I had my macro lens with me, I thought I would give macro a try...

Last batch on deck.

Oh to be able to walk around DL all day and night shooting great photos. A man can dream can't he...
    Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

Part XIV - The Final Chapter

Again, I want to thank everyone who has continued to check out this thread. As "Fall" is now almost officially over, I need to finish this thread up. I have several more shots beyond what I will post here, but maybe I can post them this Spring in a warmed over/left over thread. This needs to be my final batch of photos for two reasons:

1) I have quite a few photo meet shots to post in the photo meet thread.

2) I'm hoping to post a holiday photo thread before Christmas that will include a few more shots from the meet, but also shots from the two nights that I spent shooting earlier this week, including one in the rain!

If you missed Part XIII, it was back on the bottom of the last page, which can be found by clicking HERE.

So...thank you all for your comments, and here we go with the final batch:

Plaids on parade!

And the final shot, setting you up for the holiday thread...

Last edited by Mac Daddy; 11-27-2010 at 06:44 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Just... wow.... I have totally enjoyed this journey through your camera lens, and I'm looking forward to seeing your holiday collection and more from the photographers meet!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

So much crazy greatness. i go to qoute one, and then i want to quote them all. Excellent shooting and editing as alway Mac Daddy.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678