Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    62

    Make my niece a princess

    With our trip about a week away, he have come to a hault about the Princess Fantacy Faire(sp?)...
    We need all the details from the show to what can be done to make the experience for my 7 year old neice something she will always remember!!

    Much thanks

  2. #2

    • Figment of my imagination
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    109

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    I am not 100% sure of your question but will try to help.

    Princess Fantasy Faire is a multi-part area that includes a Princess Meet and Greet that will showcase a few of the notable princesses -- you wait in line and meet them one by one. There is also a show area where the Princesses "Train" princesses and knights and participate in a maypole type dance and Princess storytelling where a Disney Princess will tell her story. The back area of the Faire has hairbraiding and face painting as well as a little shop with merchandise.

    There is also a place called Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique near the castle where you can get a princess makeover, but it is separate than the Fantasy Faire.

    I hope that helps!
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney



    WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

    Next visit - still just a wish...

    Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack





  3. #3

    • Laughing Place Finder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    423

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    I will say that if you are planning on making Princess Fantasy Faire a big part of your Disneyland day, be aware that nothing there happens quickly. The line to meet the princesses is probably the longest and slowest moving line I have ever endured at Disneyland. Typically the line there is a good 1-2 hours.

    I'm not sure how patient your niece is but usually the kids in that line get pretty antsey. Regardless of what you decide to do I would definitely call Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and make an appointment there for your niece. Whether you go with a low-end package or a high-end package you will all really enjoy the expoerience and first-class treatment you'll get there.

    A different way of getting quality time with just about every princess would be to reserve a table at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. The character dining there is pretty great and in my opinion it beats being herded like sheep for an hour or two waiting to meet three random princesses.

    Good luck and cheers!
    Disneyland Trips: 76, 77, 78, 80, 81, 83, 84, 86, 90, 98, 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09, 10, 11

    Disneyworld Trips: 08, 10









    Disney Resort Area hotels visited since 2008:



    Disneyland Resort: Disneyland Hotel - Grand Californian Hotel - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center - Hyatt Regency Anaheim/OC - Crowne Plaza Anaheim/Garden Grove - Holiday Inn Anaheim on Manchester - Holiday Inn & Suites Anaheim on Walnut - Hilton Garden Inn Anaheim - Marriott Fairfield Inn Anaheim



    DisneyWorld: Bay Lake Tower at the Contemporary Resort - Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village - Port Orleans French Quarter



    If you have any questions about Disney vacation logistics, travel planning or hotel experiences feel free to ask me.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    62

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mickey View Post
    I will say that if you are planning on making Princess Fantasy Faire a big part of your Disneyland day, be aware that nothing there happens quickly. The line to meet the princesses is probably the longest and slowest moving line I have ever endured at Disneyland. Typically the line there is a good 1-2 hours.

    I'm not sure how patient your niece is but usually the kids in that line get pretty antsey. Regardless of what you decide to do I would definitely call Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and make an appointment there for your niece. Whether you go with a low-end package or a high-end package you will all really enjoy the expoerience and first-class treatment you'll get there.

    A different way of getting quality time with just about every princess would be to reserve a table at Ariel's Grotto in DCA. The character dining there is pretty great and in my opinion it beats being herded like sheep for an hour or two waiting to meet three random princesses.

    Good luck and cheers!
    Could you give me a guesstimation on the prices that will be at the bibbiddi bobbiddi boutique?????? and who do I call to make a reservation?

  5. #5

    • Disney is home
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,079

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Here is a tip to meet some princesses without having to wait in the a long line. Watch the Royal Coronation Ceremony, which involves learning a dance and getting to dance with 3 Princesses as a group. Afterwards, those same 3 princesses come out and take pictures and sign aut0graphs for anyone around. I would estimate each line is approximately 5 minutes long, which is alot better than the possible 90 minute line to meet 3 Princesses in the normal spot. The only down side, is that it's usually the same 3 Princesses that do the Ceremony (Cinderlla, Aurora and Snow White). To get the other Princesses, you may have to wait in the 90 minute line. Of course there are other places the Princesses may wonder to, such as around the Castle area.

  6. #6

    • Disney is home
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,079

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs marisa View Post
    Could you give me a guesstimation on the prices that will be at the bibbiddi bobbiddi boutique?????? and who do I call to make a reservation?
    From disneyland.com:

    For reservations, please call (714) 781-STYLE or (714) 781-7895. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

  7. #7

    • Figment of my imagination
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    109

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique starts around $45 for hair and makeup, $50 for hair/nails/makeup, and can be over $120 if you do the full package with costume/hair/nails/makeup and photo shoot.

    If you google around the internet, you can find tons of photos and information about people's experiences.
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney



    WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

    Next visit - still just a wish...

    Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack





  8. #8

    • A Weather Eye Open
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,540

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Quote Originally Posted by mrs marisa View Post
    Could you give me a guesstimation on the prices that will be at the bibbiddi bobbiddi boutique?????? and who do I call to make a reservation?
    Like the poster above me said, anywhere from $45-$120, depending on what you buy.

    If that is out of your budget, you can make your niece feel like a makeover princess for less but with a little more effort on your part...

    Try the Disney store for a princess gown themed to her favorite Disney character... They usually run at about half the price of the ones at Disneyland, but are the exact same made-in-China quality. If you can't find the character you're looking for, Halloween costumes are on sale right now and a variety of styles for any character could be had over the internet, either Disney-licensed or even high quality homemade! Of course, if you like to sew, I'm always an advocate of making things yourself, too.

    Just buying a dress somewhere else will save you a ton of money alone (along with a few accessories... wand or little purse, sparkly hair accessory, jewelry?).

    But you can also do your own princesses' hair and makeup the morning before you go to the park, if you really wanted to save and think $45 is too much. Glitter hair spray, accessories, and even colorful fake hair can be found at stores like Claire's...

    I just think it would be just as fun to surprise a little girl with a dress and hairdo and nails painted the day your go into the parks, and then she feels special because no other girl that day is likely to have the exact same dress and hair.
    For a fun, less expensive thing to do while you're INSIDE the park, there's always beautiful face painting, and I'm sure the story time and royal coronation ceremony will give her plenty of princess-y activities!

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald1980 View Post
    Here is a tip to meet some princesses without having to wait in the a long line. Watch the Royal Coronation Ceremony, which involves learning a dance and getting to dance with 3 Princesses as a group. Afterwards, those same 3 princesses come out and take pictures and sign aut0graphs for anyone around. I would estimate each line is approximately 5 minutes long, which is alot better than the possible 90 minute line to meet 3 Princesses in the normal spot. The only down side, is that it's usually the same 3 Princesses that do the Ceremony (Cinderlla, Aurora and Snow White). To get the other Princesses, you may have to wait in the 90 minute line. Of course there are other places the Princesses may wonder to, such as around the Castle area.
    This is a great tip! I did not know they stuck around for mini meet-n-greets after this!
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)



  9. #9

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Agrabah
    Posts
    11,068

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Less expensive than the World of Disney Store/Disney Store, Costco now has their Halloween outfits, and they do have some Princess Outfits and an Tinkerbell Outfit this year. I didn't check the prices, but their quality is pretty good and at a MUCH more reasonable price than anything in the DLR.

  10. #10

    • "I Break Things"
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    Like the poster above me said, anywhere from $45-$120, depending on what you buy.

    If that is out of your budget, you can make your niece feel like a makeover princess for less but with a little more effort on your part...

    Try the Disney store for a princess gown themed to her favorite Disney character... They usually run at about half the price of the ones at Disneyland, but are the exact same made-in-China quality. If you can't find the character you're looking for, Halloween costumes are on sale right now and a variety of styles for any character could be had over the internet, either Disney-licensed or even high quality homemade! Of course, if you like to sew, I'm always an advocate of making things yourself, too.

    Just buying a dress somewhere else will save you a ton of money alone (along with a few accessories... wand or little purse, sparkly hair accessory, jewelry?).

    But you can also do your own princesses' hair and makeup the morning before you go to the park, if you really wanted to save and think $45 is too much. Glitter hair spray, accessories, and even colorful fake hair can be found at stores like Claire's...

    I just think it would be just as fun to surprise a little girl with a dress and hairdo and nails painted the day your go into the parks, and then she feels special because no other girl that day is likely to have the exact same dress and hair.
    3 girls... we've actually used the tricks mentioned here!

    A majority of the year you can find a version of a princess dress at most major retail stores (Walmart/Target/K-Mart etc.) They are almost always in the toy section. Sizes are limited and usually it is only one style. There are also shoes and basic accessories. Keep in mind it is a limited selection, and almost identical to what you would find at Disneyland or Disney Store (minus the substantial markup).

    Halloween is different. Disney licenses EVERYTHING to outside companies. It's part of the greedy culture of the company. In this specific case it works in the consumer's best interests. During the Halloween shopping time you can find several versions of most princess dresses in almost any size from infant to adult. Not all costumes are equal. I've seen some that look like cheap park knockoffs. I've bought others that are above and beyond what the park offers. The beauty of it is you can really shop around. You have Halloween stores, major retailers, discount retailers etc. all vying to sell you holiday specific merchandise that has a limited shelf-life. On average each of the dresses we've bought were between $15 and $20... considering the park dresses I believe are $40+ that in itself is a substantial savings. Last Halloween I walked out of a Marshall's with Little Mermaid and Snow White for less then $30 and both costumes came with jewelry/accessories. I don't usually shop there that was pure luck. Those particular costumes were actually better then what the park had to offer.

    If you are a parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, older sibling etc then I urge you to think of birthdays and holidays. We have one birthday in April, one on Halloween, another days before Christmas. It's a lot cheaper to pick up a dress during Halloween and hide it, then to spend a small fortune trying to find a decent one at a decent price later in the year. Halloween is the one time of the year when the ball is in your court and there are different styles to choose from. Little girls love to play dress up even if it isn't Halloween.

    You can find accessories just about anywhere, again at a fraction of the park cost. Shoes are probably the only thing I'd recommend buying at World of Disney IF you are going with the character logo shoes... those aren't easy to find. You also have the Character Warehouse up the street a ways.
    Last edited by techskip; 09-06-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"


    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"


  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    16

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Do you sew? One of the pattern companies has some excellent patterns of the gowns for the Disney Princesses, in adult and children sizes. They also have a bunch of other characters as well.

    Every now and then I see a little girl done up in a gown made by her mother or grandmother. Or in one case the mother went to a seamstress and had her make the dress. I know because I asked the mother if she made the dress. It was the white dress worn by Mary Poppins at the park with the children. When Mary and Bert saw it, and a couple of the Disney manager they took the little girl and her mother back stage for photos. Her dress was very well made and looked great.

    Yes, I am a fan of doing it yourself.

    Cynthia

  12. #12

    • Blew By You
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    As best as I can tell, there's still a princess lunch at Ariel's Grotto. I've checked out some other sites for this information. Still, it's best to call the Disney Dine line to verify this and to make a reservation. Have your camera ready.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    5,602

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    i also saw some of the Disney Princess costumes for a much lower price at the characte wherehouse. I am sure that someone here can get the number for you and you could call them to see if they have anymore.

    I do suggest doing the Ariels grotto character meet. for the price you get to eat and also enjoy time with the Princesses.

    I personally think the boutique is a bit overpriced.

    If time is an issue, i have also seen Princess costumes in costco like someone mentioned as well as Target, Kmart and Toys R US. all much lower in price than at the park. You could get them in advance and have a nice little dress-up for your niece before arriving at the park.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    243

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Sometime this summer, Disney changed some things about the PFF, which are for the better in my opinion because they removed most of the random gamble that was the PFF. In the old days, you got in line and had absolutely no idea who you would see, just that you would see 3 princesses and/or female heroines like Mulan, Pocahantas, or even Minnie Mouse dressed as a princess. And that line could be 1-2 hours long. And the experience was a real pain if you only wanted to see a specific princess or had tried all the time to catch one more. I heard of one family who did the PFF 4 times and Ariel's Grotto once because their daughter's favorite was Cinderella and they just kept missing her. You would not believe how relieved they were when they finally saw Cinderella on their last day.

    However, now they've made it easier to know who you're going to see. A character handler at the PFF told me that Snow White, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty are almost always the only princesses at the Royal Coronation Ceremony. After the ceremony ends, just wait a few minutes and all 3 princesses will come out for separate meet and greets. I believe they're available long enough for guests who want to see all 3 as long as they move quickly from line to line.

    With those 3 always at the Coronation, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Tiana are now almost always at the Royal Walk. I even heard a CM announce that guests in line would see at least 3 of those 4 characters, which never happened in the past. From what I saw, these changes also reduced the wait times at the Royal Walk to around 20-30 minutes. A friend of mine and her 2 girls were able to see every princess except Belle(not in the PFF rotation for them) in roughly an hour and a half with some of that time spent sitting down waiting for and watching the Coronation.

  15. #15

    • Figment of my imagination
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    109

    Re: Make my niece a princess

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
    Sometime this summer, Disney changed some things about the PFF, which are for the better in my opinion because they removed most of the random gamble that was the PFF. In the old days, you got in line and had absolutely no idea who you would see, just that you would see 3 princesses and/or female heroines like Mulan, Pocahantas, or even Minnie Mouse dressed as a princess. And that line could be 1-2 hours long...

    ...With those 3 always at the Coronation, Ariel, Belle, Jasmine, and Tiana are now almost always at the Royal Walk. I even heard a CM announce that guests in line would see at least 3 of those 4 characters, which never happened in the past. From what I saw, these changes also reduced the wait times at the Royal Walk to around 20-30 minutes. A friend of mine and her 2 girls were able to see every princess except Belle(not in the PFF rotation for them) in roughly an hour and a half with some of that time spent sitting down waiting for and watching the Coronation.
    Thank you for this info! We did the Royal Walk 2 years ago and lucked out in getting Cinderella, Aurora, and Bella -- the three DD recognized. I was worried this trip because she has become attached to Tiana, Ariel, and - above all - Jasmine, and wasn't sure if we could see ANY of the three without hunting them in the park. While I do plan on trying to find them in their "home" areas, it's good to know there's a strong chance we'll see them at PFF.
    Last edited by dimndgal1; 09-07-2010 at 09:41 PM. Reason: condense quoted material
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." ~ Walt Disney



    WDW - '88, '90, Nov '95, Mar '98, Mar '03, Oct '05-Aug '06 (AP)
    DL - Jan '09, Sept '10

    Next visit - still just a wish...

    Dream Meet' n' Greet: Kermit, Sweetums, Maleficent, Jack





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How much will Princess and the Frog make Opening weekend?
    By lighttragic in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 12-17-2009, 01:38 PM
  2. Thoughts and Prayers for our niece (Immediate need)
    By sir clinksalot in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 05-21-2008, 07:44 AM
  3. Need help with recipes for my niece
    By Disneykat in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 09:06 PM
  4. Trading Pink Princess Top ~ Make An Offer
    By Preppy0606 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 02:19 PM
  5. My sister and niece...
    By twinmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 02:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •