Dear MiceChat Community:
As the title of this thread suggests, I need some advice regarding possibly getting a job at Disneyland. For the past four and a half years I worked part time in a boring office job, so that I could pay for college. After much thought and boredom, I thought I would pursue getting a job at the Happiest Place on Earth, since it has always been lifetime goal and dream to work for the Walt Disney Company (and hopefully advance through the ranks). Since, many of you frequent the park or work at the park, I was hoping I could get your valuable insight on the following questions:
1. What jobs would you recommend me apply for? What jobs would you recommend me to stay away from? Why? (Thus far I have considered Guest Research, Guest Relations, Attractions, and Store Operations, what are your opinions on these jobs?)
2. Since I am a college student who will be taking 15 units at CSUF next semester, does Disney to some degree work around college students class and study schedules?
3. Would it be better to apply as a Casual Temp or a Part Timer? How many hours a week can I expect to work as a Casual Temp or Part Timer?
4. I've read mixed stories about the "Presenteeism" policy, Is this a policy that I should be worried about?
5. What do the Disneyland Interviewers look for in general in possible candidates? What do they look for candidate applying for Guest Research, Guest Relations, Attractions, and Store Operations positions? What should I wear to the interview and should I bring a resume?
6. Are their any other tips, insights, or recommendations that you would like to share with me in regards to getting a job at the Happiest Place on Earth?
Thank you for your time and I look foward in reading the valuable insights and recommendations that you may provide me with.