Thread: Holiday Decor

• șoș Tom șoș

Holiday Decor

Wow so the Mice Chat gods must really hate me this is my third attempt to post this same thread this morning, Yeesh.

So I gotta tell you- Disney has outdone themselves on top of the 50th energy the Christmas magic is breathtaking.

Disneyland
    *Main Street- Wow as usual, it feels like the very essense of Christmas is alive here and you can't help but feel like this is indeed the happiest homecoming on Earth! The massive Golden Tree really is a sight to be seen.
    *New Orleans- The Big Easy didn't take it very easy this year, with perhaps 3 or 4 times as many decoration namly mardi gras beads everywhere. It really is beautiful.
    *Critter Country- Add ornaments, mix Holiday cheer, sprinkle with Pooh.
    *Frontierland- Elegant and simple- The Santa's Ranch is very cute, they have a great Santa. That said the poor reindeer look very sad and the keepers tell me they are not handling the heat very well.
    *IASW/Toon Town- are decked out and ready for the holidaze.
    *Tomorrowland- Has nothing and I just think for future holidays they should attempt a hightech Christmas Light display.

DCA
    *Santa's Beach Party- Wow- great Surfer Santa and the additions of surfing decor really brings the area to life- I hope Disney leaves the surf decor because it really works for the Sunshine Plaza.
    *Golden State area is beautiful and the tree is, well, its amazing as well.
    *Bugs Land is a wasted effort in my opinion and the decor could have been better used in other areas of the park.
    *Hollywood Backlot is inconsistant at best and very cheap looking.

All and all the decor is amazing but the castle lacks decor for safety concerns raised by the pyrotechnics, which is a shame I suppose but the overall park is amazing.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Holiday Decor

I want to eat the garland at IASW.
    That is all.
    Oh, except, I love how they're playing Christmas carols at Pooh!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

Too bad the garlands across Main Street, aren't there this year. I wondered if they were going to do them this year because of the problem the tall parade floats present, and I guess they just decided to not have them. Everything else looks beautiful though! DCA looks great with all the new decorations.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Yeah, the Parade of Dreams floats are too tall to have the garlands across Main St this year. The Castle probably does not have any Christmas decorations because it is already decorated for the 50th. Christmas decor would be too much. Last year after the paint job, all they had on the Castle was just a wreath and garland above the drawbridge after a very brief total dressing with garlands like they used to do all over the turrets. Those came down within a couple days. Guess someone in charge did not like how that looked.

• șoș Tom șoș

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal
    Yeah, the Parade of Dreams floats are too tall to have the garlands across Main St this year. The Castle probably does not have any Christmas decorations because it is already decorated for the 50th. Christmas decor would be too much. Last year after the paint job, all they had on the Castle was just a wreath and garland above the drawbridge after a very brief total dressing with garlands like they used to do all over the turrets. Those came down within a couple days. Guess someone in charge did not like how that looked.
    I think has more to do with finding non flammable wreaths and garland to cover the castle which may interfer with the fireworks.

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

I have to agree that the Park looks BEAUTIFUL. I always spend a couple of days at the Park before the Christmas holiday. It helps get me in the mood. I LOVE IT!!!!

• Hooterville, USA

The big tree blocks the best view of the fireworks show. Standing in front of the train station. Other than that, it looks great!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I was there today and was duly impressed. No, mightily impressed! The park really is jaw-droppingly beautiful.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    *Critter Country- Add ornaments, mix Holiday cheer, sprinkle with Pooh.
    ewww....
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• A Pirate's life for me!

Thanks for the review. I'm printing it out and taking it with us next week for our trip. Want to compare notes!

MAkes me want to go so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!