Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad RIP...Drawn To The Magic

It's official, the show, *Drawn To The Magic* that has been performing for over 5 years at DCA is coming to an end. The last shows will perform on Thursday, October 21st. Because of the new entertainment being presented this Fall, there was no room to continue with DTTM.

DTTM replaced the highly popular street show, *Chance To Shine* for which I absolutely loved. So in the very beginning, I was not a fan of DTTM, but the show grabbed my attention and I became huge fan of the show soon after it premiered.

Like with all Disney shows & productions, everything must end at some point. And even though I'm aware of this, it's still sad to see this simple, yet cute show come to an end. I've met some amazing performers through the years while watching/supporting this show, and I'm sad to see it go.

To all the performers who have done this show, I thank you for providing quality Disney entertainment for so long. You're all wonderful and hope to see you in other Disney productions in the near future.

Oh yes, I'll be there on closing day...obviously!

Re: RIP...Drawn To The Magic

• Queen Elsa

Like you said it was a good show. I didn't always watch it all the time. But it was cute. I remember when I first saw this and saw Hercules in the show and found out that we could meet them after the show. These are some pics I took the last time I was there.

These where done in Aug. of this year. Also the first time that I had seen Aurora in the show. All the other times it was been Cinderella.

And here is from April

I will miss this some what. It was good

• hi!

i always felt that this show was underrated.. the live voice talent of the performers were superb and they had to do it in blaring sun!

sad to see the show go.. where will i be able to take a picture with Sorcerer Mickey now??? this was the only place i knew he'd be guaranteed to be!
    -plagued

• No really, I need AAMS :)

what!?!?!?!?!?!?! noooooooo... how can this be true it can't just go... oh dear this one of my favorite things to watch, the performers are awesome and the show itself is adorable... dang it, I am going to miss this show... bye... i will miss you hopefully the performers will be elsewhere in the park
    Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
    I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

Aladdin A Musical Spectacular
    show count: 133 times

• keh!

oh whew, at first i thought it meant the area in the animation building where they would teach you to draw characters. when i realized it was the show i thought, "oh... that thing." : )

• Following the Second Star

This makes me so sad. This really is my favorite stage show I've ever seen at the resort and it's going to be so strange in the backlot without it now. It's so beyond underrated and I really wish it wasn't leaving. Hopefully Disney comes up with a suitable replacement and everyone in the show is able to keep their jobs.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Banned User

I'm really surprised people are sad. I found it unbearably corny, even for a little kids show. I think we can raise the bar for entertainment in the park now that we have WOC.

• Member of Baxter's Army

I went to see it expecting to see a demonstration on animation. Instead I was treated to a corny singing show. Very Disappointed.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

I am surprised it is not being cut earlier, since the new entertainment offering I assume is TRON.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Bugger. I never had a chance to see this show; and was hoping to catch it next year when I return.

Mainly because Im a huge Sorcerer Mickey fan, and have yet to see the character in park. Does he appear anywhere else in the resort?

The plan for my NYE engagement was to initially have a private meet n greet with him after watching Fantasmic, but with so much else going on on NYE it was a staffing issue that prevented this.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

aw maybe i'll get a chance to say goodbye to it before it goes, i didn't see the whole thing but it looks cute for the little ones
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

• Queen Elsa

Quote Originally Posted by rya86n View Post
    Mainly because Im a huge Sorcerer Mickey fan, and have yet to see the character in park. Does he appear anywhere else in the resort?
    The only other place you may get to see him in his Sorcerer's outfit is at Mickey's house. But it's the luck of the draw to get him in that outfit. I maylee get him in his tux more then any of his other outfits. But I have hear that Mickey's House is going down soon for Maintenns [ms] I believe in Oct. but other then that Draw to the Magic is the only place to fine him at.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    I am surprised it is not being cut earlier, since the new entertainment offering I assume is TRON.
    No it's actually being replaced by the Disney Dance Crew, a new show that will premiere along with the Disney Channel Rocks! street party.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

so is that the start date of electronica?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast