Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Exclamation Fantasmic Gives Pinocchio the Pink Slip?

The giant Pinocchio puppet in Fantasmic has been removed, and has been replaced with a water fountain effect. Apparently, the puppet was always a concern, as the show would have to stop if the puppet didn't go back into the stage just right. There is a possibility that a projected Pinocchio on water may be used in replace of the puppet...

• Banned User

Doh~!

Maybe they'll just project something on the mist screens.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    No I love the pinocchio part

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, why don't they just go ahead and FIX what's broken, instead of acting like it's some impossible task?!

ORGOCH: Yeah! 'speci'ly since they's so good at fixin' things that AIN'T broken!

ORDDU: (sigh) Sometimes Management can be so CHEAP!!!! It just boggles a witch's imagination.

• Hooterville, USA

As long as there is any kind of Pinocchio in the show, I'm ok with it.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Original Mice-Chatter

well- at least I got to see it. *sigh*

• Boozer, User, and Loser

That part of the show now seems like a period of dead time in the show. You keep looking for something, but nothing really happens.

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Is this from a cast member or from Fantasmic! tech crew? As of today I was talking to a cast member and they are still working on it. This portion has been out for a while due to the problems they had, but it has been a we are working to fix it thing. Not to say you don't know what you are talking about but where did this info come from?

*UPDATE*
    That was half of a post on www.screamscape.com it is not leaving they are still working on it. Please in the future if you are going to quote another web sites rumor either post the full thing and give them credit or post a link to it.

Again this is not a fact it is just a rumor right now that is false

J
    Last edited by Jerm; 03-07-2005 at 02:56 PM.
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Social Imagineer

Eh, I say get rid of it. After all, isn't that dull section about Ursula so much better now with four straight minutes of mist projection instead of that boring Tentacle Witch Float? Good riddance, I say.

Who needs all those physical show elements when everyone knows that the audiences are there for the cool mist projections? We can nix that pesky Columbia pirate ship thing, too. There's plenty of free Peter Pan footage to project on misty water. And what's with those dancing monkeys? Like there's no Jungle Book animation that would be just as good? And why bother with floating princesses and their princes when the real footage from the movies is available?

And, d'uh, aren't those people lucky that the Mark Twain is down so often for rehab (like right now), so that they can have that cool version of the grand finale on the TSI stage? Fantasmic is just too darned complicated, says I. They really need to tone it down.

the unit is in the staff shop being repainted.

don't freak out, and don't present common backstage knowledge like late-breaking news.

• Do I seem familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Eh, I say get rid of it. After all, isn't that dull section about Ursula so much better now with four straight minutes of mist projection instead of that boring Tentacle Witch Float? Good riddance, I say.
    YES! This is something I have been waiting for all along! I love the idea of getting misted by the Rivers of America.

Honestly, I wouldn't have remembered that Ursula float until someone brought it up on a thread. And then I thought, wow, I remember there used to be lots more physical elements to this show. What happened?!

Anyway, I read a CM's post on MP that the wire snapped during a particular performance and it's being repaired. I thought I had read that elsewhere several weeks ago as well. Did we forget?

• Sock Puppet

Northern California (wishing I lived inside Disneyland!)

where did Pinocchio go?

We were just in DL last week and saw Fantasmic, but what happened to the Pinocchio segment?? Very disappointing, since that is one of my favorite parts of the show...

• Why do you keep talking?

Quote Originally Posted by invader pearl
    Anyway, I read a CM's post on MP that the wire snapped during a particular performance and it's being repaired. I thought I had read that elsewhere several weeks ago as well. Did we forget?
    Quote Originally Posted by dancinmanCA
    the unit is in the staff shop being repainted.

don't freak out, and don't present common backstage knowledge like late-breaking news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    *UPDATE*
    That was half of a post on www.screamscape.com it is not leaving they are still working on it. Please in the future if you are going to quote another web sites rumor either post the full thing and give them credit or post a link to it.

Again this is not a fact it is just a rumor right now that is false

J
    I know this is going to sound mean, but did you even read anything before posting? I gues that's just one of my message board peeves.

Glad to hear they're still working on it, not just getting rid of it.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Who needs all those physical show elements when everyone knows that the audiences are there for the cool mist projections?
    Ah, yes! Why burden the people with a show, when they are really just there for the free community shower after a hot day?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast