• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Honeymoon at Disneyland

So our honeymoon is soon to be at Disneyland this coming October is there any special things I can request while were at the parks?

Oh wonder if the they sale me two Groom hats :x

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Re: Honeymoon at Disneyland

Ooooohhh...honeymoons at Disneyland are fun!

I think Disney will sell you however many hats of whatever type you want. $=$

As far as "special" things, I would recommend getting a pair of "Just Married" buttons at City Hall. I don't think that they would give you a hard time over it (I was actually given the buttons at the Mad Hatter store in Fantasyland just for buying a bride hat). That alerts the CM's that see you what you are celebrating.

I would recommend getting reservations to the Blue Bayou ahead of time, and let them know when you make the reservation that it is your honeymoon. When you check in, mention it again and ask for a table by the water. It can be very romantic.

Have fun! Congrats!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Thank you! The Blue Bayou thing sounds like a fantastic Idea!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Hello again!

Quote Originally Posted by cakvalasc View Post
    Oh wonder if the they sale me two Groom hats :x
    The sure will.... but it's one size fits all and if either of your are "ample headed" like me they will be a bit tight!

"Well!"

• Boat shoes all day long

Hey bud, congratulations! My fiance and I are getting married October 8th, and will be having a mini-Disneyland honeymoon on October 22-24, prior to taking our main one in January to Puerto Vallarta.

Let me know if they hook it up for your guys, I would be stoked to learn of any perks Disney may offer. I would suggest that, if you are staying in a Disney hotel, you tell the concierge that you will be there for a Honeymoon, and see if they can upgrade you. We were in Vegas last weekend for my Bachelor party and our hotel hooked it up for us big time.

Have fun!
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaStory View Post

I would recommend getting reservations to the Blue Bayou ahead of time, and let them know when you make the reservation that it is your honeymoon. When you check in, mention it again and ask for a table by the water. It can be very romantic.
    Change those ressies for Napa Rose .....The Blue Bayou "can" be romantic, but if you go in expecting it to be you may find yourself disappointed.

Water view tables sound romantic but with screaming babies to one side(nearby tables) and shouting teens(from the boats) on the other the BB can sometimes feel anything but.

-----------------------------------------------------

In any event, Congratulations are in order here....have a great honeymoon at Disneyland and take lots and lots of pictures
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Change those ressies for Napa Rose .....The Blue Bayou "can" be romantic, but if you go in expecting it to be you may find yourself disappointed.
    ^ I second this! In fact do both, but make sure your first dining experience is at Napa Rose!

I hope you enjoy your honeymoon, and I look forward to hearing about it, as I'll be stopping by DLR for my own honeymoon next year.

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Napa Rose and Blue Bayou are romantic. But if you can steal away from the DLR for a while I highly reccommend Las Brisas in Laguna Beach.

• Minion

All the suggestions are good. Don't forget to create your own special romantic moment. Whatever you decide, just enjoy your special times together.

• A Weather Eye Open

When in October? Any chance it will coincide with the best weekend to be LGBT (or an Ally) at Disneyland?

Aside from the buttons and what everyone else mentioned, I don't know of any perks that they regularly do for honeymooners, but like everyone said, just keep telling CMs, and they may have something special they can do for you! If not, they'll at least give their best wishes every time.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Quote Originally Posted by twobluestripes View Post
    When in October? Any chance it will coincide with the best weekend to be LGBT (or an Ally) at Disneyland?

Aside from the buttons and what everyone else mentioned, I don't know of any perks that they regularly do for honeymooners, but like everyone said, just keep telling CMs, and they may have something special they can do for you! If not, they'll at least give their best wishes every time.
    Unfortunately the time we were able to get off work together were just after GayDays, We arrive on October 6th leave on the 11th.

Hmm, changing reservations is a good idea too! We Haven't eaten at the Napa Rose yet.

• Disneyland Couple

My honeymoon experience at Disneyland was a short, but unforgettable one. I meant to make a post sooner, but have been extremely busy at work. I will make a separate post with pictures soon so everyone can see.

It started out with my wife thinking we were going to Napa Rose. We both dressed up for a nice dinner. We went into Disneyland to get our Just Married pins at City Hall. I also picked up our VIP tickets for Fantasmic and fastpass for any ride that was arranged by Rebecca in customer relations. She's really helpful! I told my wife that we needed to go cancel our backup reservations at Blue Bayou (which I actually had) and after doing that, I went to ring the buzzer at Club 33. My wife was absolutely speechless. She couldn't believe that we were actually going into Club 33. She was in shock.

A very generous, gracious, kind, thoughtful, and all around awesome person that was a member of Club 33 arranged our reservations there. I can't thank this individual enough!! We had an awesome time and took advantage of the Vintner's Menu that had wine pairings with each course. It was amazing! I don't like fish, but I tried it anyway, and it was amazing. Everything was so tasty.

After dinner, we left club 33 and surprised my wife with the VIP seating at Fantasmic and got to see Murphy for the first time (since he's been down for so long). Our night was UNFORGETTABLE! The next day we drove up the coast to Napa and enjoyed wine country. I think our Disneyland experience was probably the most memorable even though the rest of our honeymoon was awesome.

I'll make a separate thread soon with pictures from Club 33.

Congrats on the marriage to all! I wouldn't change a thing!