Small World Closed Timeline

We are going to Disneyland from Nov. 8 - 13, and I noticed today that Small World is going to be closed from Oct. 25 until Nov. 11 to be decorated for the holidays. This is my 5 year olds favorite ride, basically it is all she talks about when we are talking about our trip that she canít wait to go on Small World. Does it really take almost two and half weeks to decorate Small World or do you think it could possibly be open before then.

Re: Small World Closed Timeline

I'll be there November 6th - 13th. So I may see you there.

I know, I was disappointed when I heard that Small World will be closed the majority of our trip.

My Boyfriend and I will be taking my 7 year old sister, and she's never been on It's A Small World.

Last time we went around the 2nd week of November, lines were just too long.

Hopefully we will be able to see it on the 12th.

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

You never know. It could "soft open" a little early, but I wouldn't count on it. The decorations that they put in are very elaborate, it definitely takes some time and effort to get that attraction ready.

• I'm not really here

It is a very involved overlay. It will probably take them that whole time. They have been doing it for a number of years now and know just how long it will take them. Maybe a day early, but that's it really.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

My only time at DLR, 11 years ago, I never got to ride this one and Im really looking forward to riding it on the 12th (Our last day there) with the holiday tour
    Me DH DD6 Nana
    DLR November 2010 for my Daughters 7th birthday

I was there last year the week leading up to the day it re-opened and it was completely shut off and followed it's posted schedule. The day before it opened they filled up the flume but I did not see them cycle the boats. At night they turned on the clock face but it was making no noise, and all the lights were turned off. Driving by the park after it closed for the night we could see they turned on and tested the outside lights, and then it opened with the park the folowing morning. Don't hold your breath for a soft opening the day before, they seem to stick to that schedule.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Future Disney CM and WDI

Quote Originally Posted by luvmykids View Post
    We are going to Disneyland from Nov. 8 - 13, and I noticed today that Small World is going to be closed from Oct. 25 until Nov. 11
    I dont understand, wont you just be able to see it on the 12th and 13th?

1. Disneyland 1997;
    2. Disneyland Resort 2008; 3. Hong Kong Disneyland 2009; 4. Disneyland Resort 2009; 5. Disneyland Resort 2010; 6. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2011; 7. Disney Cruise Lines 2011 - Disney Dream; 8. Disneyland Resort 2011; 9. Disneyland Resort 2012; 10. WaltDisneyWorld Resort 2012; 11. Disney Cruise Lines 2012 - Disney Fantasy; ?. Tokyo Disney Resort; ?. Disneyland Paris

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by luvmykids View Post
    We are going to Disneyland from Nov. 8 - 13, and I noticed today that Small World is going to be closed from Oct. 25 until Nov. 11 to be decorated for the holidays. This is my 5 year olds favorite ride, basically it is all she talks about when we are talking about our trip that she canít wait to go on Small World. Does it really take almost two and half weeks to decorate Small World or do you think it could possibly be open before then.
    yes.

They've done this since 1997.
    They've got the timeline down to a science.

If you think about it, they do a lot for the overlay.
    It's amazing what they do accomplish in the time that they give themselves.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz