Cool Indoor water park with giant Mickey solar panel icon

Let's make some rumors come true with this thread!

So how about: A massive themed water park inside a fully temperature controled building with an enourmous "Hidden Mickey" solar array on the roof powering it all, heating the water, and being the park's icon. Local crowds and APs would have a place to go on a rainy day. The tourists might start adding more days to their trips. Indoor water parks can operate 365 days of the year. Disney sells more Corn Dogs and T-Shirts.

DLR currently owns some prime real estate at the corner of Disneyland Drive and Katella, I think it's the Downtown Disney parking, but I'm not sure. In that location the water park can easily tie into DCA or either of the hotels on that side of the street. Might require building a new garage but that's inevitable.

I was thinking a Toy-Story theme would work great, giant garden hoses and Hot Wheels tracks for water slides. Or maybe a 20,000 Leagues themed park with an interactive giant squid that scares you in the wave pool! Perhaps an Incredibles meets Marvel meets Ariel mash-up... meh... Maybe they could squeeze a replica of Hawaii inside a building with a retractable dome and theme it all to Lost.

Lot's of possibilities here! What other ideas do you all have?

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Indoor water park with giant Mickey solar panel icon

I don't hate the idea. It's possible, I guess? But why have to tie it in to a movie? Neither Blizzard Beach nor Typhoon Lagoon (nor River Country) are/were tied into a previous property. Why not let the Imagineers do what they do best and create a new environment and story?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• ohai

I recommended this a few weeks ago, but just gave a little overview, but you went way farther into detail! I would love to have this, but the land that they own on the corner of Disneyland Drive and Katella isn't much space for a full sized water park. I love the idea of being indoor, which will beat Soak City (just about 30-45 minutes away). But if it was enclosed, then people would still go to it when it's raining outside just as something to do.

What did you have in mind for pricing? It would be nice if they were like Six Flags Magic Mountain and did a co-op pass combining both water and land parks into one annual pass. I can bet that a whole lot of people would go for a $100 upgrade per pass if they could go to the water park everyday of the summer if they wanted, plus if there are any hot days in the Winter time.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    but the land that they own on the corner of Disneyland Drive and Katella isn't much space for a full sized water park.
    It's a decent amount more space than they are using for Soak City. If you don't have a huge sprawling lazy river you can pack a lot of action in a pretty tight space.

And no, it doesn't have to tie into a movie theme at all, I'm just assuming that's what you're forced to think if you work for WDI these days.

How about a special submarine transport ride from the DCA lagoon to the inside of this building across the street. Could have some mini-golf inside too for the guests who want to stay dry.