• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

Mickey's Halloween Party: Exclusive nights for older crowds

So I have seen a recent resurfacing of discussion pertaining to the Hat Box Ghost fiasco from last year's Halloween Party. To me, it seems like the main culprit in the whole costume debate is perhaps the issue of children becoming frightened from some really awesome costumes. Obviously there is more to these types of problems than that, but does anyone else think it would be wise of Disney to offer a few Halloween parties that were exclusive to older crowds? Perhaps 16, or 18+? Could then the costume restrictions be more slack for guests, say for covering the eyes or not debate?

Unfortunately all of the rules and regulations Disney has put into place for this event has really deterred myself from ever really wanting to go. Which is such a shame because Halloween is really my favorite holiday of the year!

• Banned User

Re: Mickey's Halloween Party: Exclusive nights for older crowds

I don't think the Hatbox ghost costume scare children. I think Disney didn't want to get embarrassed because they lost in their own game.

• Seasick

I imagine the eye covering rule is due to safety concerns, and would not be relaxed for an adults-only party. I don't think it has anything to do with age.

I don't think Disney should do an adults-only party where scarier costumes are allowed. Disney should continue to appeal to a broad audience with a family-friendly environment. People looking for a more adult Halloween event have Knott's and Universal.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• ~*~Just a dream away~*~

I dont think this could or should ever happen, Disneyland was built to be a place for children and parents alike , it should stay a family place, I think if people's children are going to be scared of costumes the parents should make the appropriate decision and keep them home. When we go, if my kids see a costume that frightens them, we walk away.. simple
    ✶Dreams do come true!!!✶

Think of the Happiest things ... its the same as having wings

• Wanna be Sub Mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreams714 View Post
    I dont think this could or should ever happen, Disneyland was built to be a place for children and parents alike , it should stay a family place, I think if people's children are going to be scared of costumes the parents should make the appropriate decision and keep them home. When we go, if my kids see a costume that frightens them, we walk away.. simple
    Excellent point! And I'm definitely not plugging for a "Knotts" like appeal to Disneyland for Halloween, that would be horrible! I agree with the fact that it is at the parents discretion to whether or not their children could handle that kind of scene. I think I was really just reminded also about someone who dressed up as Oogie Boogie and had their eyes covered and accidentally made a little kid cry and then a CM asked him to take of his mask.

I'll be the first to admit that the Hatbox Ghost's outfit would have scared me if I had seen him in person! But I'll also be the first to admit that those costumes they two wore were really incredible. (From all of the 'evidence' on these threads, I think there were numerous other issues involved with that story.)

Everyone has their own interpretation of the terms "scary" and "appropriate". Sure, the powers that be can make an adults only party and have the bonus of selling booze and then have the bright idea to restrict the party to APs or D23ers or even make it CMs only... the list (and possible admission charges) goes on and on.

I'm not at all arguing the OPs idea. There are plenty of other more adult options for grown ups to spend their $$$ and celebrate Halloween. But as it is, the DL/WDW parties are the only theme parks that allow kids of all ages to dress in costume. The catch is to [1] adhere to the rules (as vague as they are) and [2] roll with the punches when/if there's a problem.

Knott's, Universal, etc. will never allow guests to wear costumes to their Halloween events - and with good reason, cuz those monsters are bad enough. So maybe the Disney parties should simply be enjoyed for what they are and what [little] they [still] offer guests? Just sayin'...