Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    128

    Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    So, having just returned from visiting the park for the first time in 10 years…

    I noted, very pleasantly, that they had updated/upgraded the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough. I recalled from my 99 TR that I had "turned the turnstile a few extra times" - but there's no turnstile anymore. Instead, I noted nice, crisp animations, the color changing book at the end, and so on.

    I read that this re-opened not that long ago. Is there a thread/site that someone can point me to find out just what all changed, or can someone summarize?

    Thanks!

    "I DIG A.D.D."

  2. #2

    • Johnny and Me!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    23 miles from Disneyland
    Posts
    3,375

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Yesterland has a pretty good summary of the previous version:

    1977 Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through at Yesterland

    If you miss the old version, one of the old dioramas is in the Enchanted Chamber shop near the entrance:

  3. #3

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Yesterland has a pretty good summary of the previous version:

    1977 Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through at Yesterland

    If you miss the old version, one of the old dioramas is in the Enchanted Chamber shop near the entrance:
    While I haven't seen this particular diorama (I've totally got to look for it now. I'm not even sure where the Enchanged Chamber shop is), there is a remnant of the old walkthrough over at one of the Emporium window displays. You'll see Aurora dancing with Prince Philip on a turntable of sorts. I believe they were from the very last scene in the old walkthrough which now houses the kissing scene. The dolls on display definitely show their wear, though. And the last few times I've gone, the turntable hasn't been spinning.

    Edit: I think in the above pic she either has a new wig or another doll was used that isn't originally from that scene. I looked at some old pics and video and she seems to have had straight hair in that scene rather than wavy.
    Last edited by Princess Victoria; 09-13-2010 at 06:41 PM.

  4. #4

    • We Go On.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,793

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    You missed all those lonely years when the walkthrough was closed.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    128

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Excellent link, thanks very much everyone! To be honest, it had been long enough (and my memory is spotty enough) that I mainly recalled that things had changed, but I didn't recall the old version that well - Yesterland to the rescue again!

    "I DIG A.D.D."

  6. #6

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Quote Originally Posted by Chanfan View Post
    Excellent link, thanks very much everyone! To be honest, it had been long enough (and my memory is spotty enough) that I mainly recalled that things had changed, but I didn't recall the old version that well - Yesterland to the rescue again!
    Yesterland rocks.

    There's also some good videos on YouTube like this one:

    YouTube - Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland)

    I never got to see the old walkthrough, but this video gave me a pretty good idea of what it was like. It's too bad there's not a similar video for the original walkthrough, though the recreation on the Sleeping Beauty Bluray is very well-done.

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    Yesterland rocks.

    There's also some good videos on YouTube like this one:

    YouTube - Sleeping Beauty Castle (Disneyland)

    I never got to see the old walkthrough, but this video gave me a pretty good idea of what it was like. It's too bad there's not a similar video for the original walkthrough, though the recreation on the Sleeping Beauty Bluray is very well-done.
    The recreation on the BluRay disk was actually the spark that helped get the Castle Walk-thru reopened. All the artwork for the animation was eventually used for art direction on the Castle rehab. The animation IS of the original walk-thru.

Similar Threads

  1. [Review] Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
    By HotelNeptune in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 10:48 AM
  2. [News] Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough Closed
    By Luke Manning in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 06:30 PM
  3. [Chat] Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough on DVD
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 11:24 AM
  4. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough - did this exist?
    By pineapplewhipaddict in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:00 PM
  5. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough???
    By princedalton in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 12:37 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •