Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Homage to Mickey Mouse Theater in Pinocchio.

I was just wondering if they had placed any homage to the theater when they put in Pinocchio. Asked some castmembers working the ride but figured they wouldn't know LOL which they had no clue.

Re: Homage to Mickey Mouse Theater in Pinocchio.

I've never heard of one, but there definitely should be!

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

The MMT wasn't really anything that would warrant a tribute. The Country Bears, and Eeyore lot, yes, but not really the theater.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

That's a great question. The Mickey Mouse Theater is something that I never had a chance to experience (before my time), BUT The Mickey Mouse Club's birthplace really is Disneyland Anaheim, as their first apppearance was on DL's opening special on ABC.

Wonder if there are any old mickey ears still in there?

I tried looking for things that stood out but couldn't really see much. Only thing I did notice was some flags in the Pleasure Island scene with various stuff on them. One of them had the letter U and then later on in the run down section of the island there was some flags with one of the having the letter I.
    Of course both letters are found in both Pleasure Island and Mickey Mouse so who knows. They were the only ones with letters on them though.

• Sorcerer in Training

Hmmmm, a very good question...
    YouTube page: The Sorcerer's Lair

"And so you see the magic isn't just in the animated characters, it's also in all of us"
    -Drawn to the Magic

"Remember...dreams come true"
    -Julie Andrews

"Some imagination, huh?"
    -Mickey Mouse

"Dreams are make believe, till they all come true"
    -Fantasmic!

"Believe me: this is one of the most exciting and challenging things that we've ever tackled at Walt Disney Enterprises"
    -Walt Disney.

"Disney has helped bring out the magic in us. Now let's work together and help bring out the magic in others."
    -SorcererHero5571

• Koubu Pilot

I wonder if the tribute wasn't an artifact (like a sign or figure), but the way in which the attraction was originally set up? Anyone here remember the queue's original set up? That first room when you first enter the attraction was originally made to look like a small stage that was roped off. It's now a wall with a window (thank you lawyers) looking into the vehicle track, but it was like stepping into a little theatre.

• Embrace the kitsch!

I don't think they were doing that yet. The first attraction I remember having a tribute in it was Star Tours.
    Disneyland Historic Preservation Society
    Charter Member

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    I don't think they were doing that yet. The first attraction I remember having a tribute in it was Star Tours.
    They sorta did it with BTMRR. That came before Star Tours.

• Shubisha

Quote Originally Posted by Koutesu View Post
    I wonder if the tribute wasn't an artifact (like a sign or figure), but the way in which the attraction was originally set up? Anyone here remember the queue's original set up? That first room when you first enter the attraction was originally made to look like a small stage that was roped off. It's now a wall with a window (thank you lawyers) looking into the vehicle track, but it was like stepping into a little theatre.
    Can you find pictures? I don't really mean to see if it's an 'homage' or not cuz I don't think it was but I'd like to see it as I've forgotten how it used to be.

• A Weather Eye Open

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    The MMT wasn't really anything that would warrant a tribute. The Country Bears, and Eeyore lot, yes, but not really the theater.
    Wait, the parking lot warrants a tribute but an attraction does not? You could watch "continuous showings of classic Disney cartoons on the big screen." It's not like it was an A ticket even, it was a C...
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Shubisha

Well... the parking lot cost 25 cents which was the same price as a C ticket

There's always Main Street Cinema... Was it the Fantasyland Theater or Main Street Cinema that showed full length animated disney films at one point in time? That'd warrant a small ticket price. And didn't Main Street Cinema show nonDisney stuff too at one point?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    Was it the Fantasyland Theater or Main Street Cinema that showed full length animated disney films at one point in time? That'd warrant a small ticket price. And didn't Main Street Cinema show nonDisney stuff too at one point?
    The Fantasyland Theater showed a rotating program of one-and two-reeler Disney animated films (shorts and featurettes). The Main Street Cinema originally showed live-action films from the early years of the 20th century -- WWI-vintage Keystone Kops, early Edison westerns, and the like.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 09-15-2010 at 07:34 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    The Fantasyland Theater showed a rotating program of one-and two-reeler Disney animated films (shorts and featurettes). The Main Street Cinema originally showed live-action films from the early years of the 20th century -- WWI-vintage Keystone Kops, early Edison westerns, and the like.
    The Fantasyland Theater also featured for a time, "3-D Jamboree" 3D Jamboree (1956)@@AMEPARAM@@http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTU2ODczMTU0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY5NzQxMQ@@._ V1._SY30_SX23_.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@BMTU2ODczMTU0MF5BMl5 BanBnXkFtZTcwMjY5NzQxMQ@@@@AMEPARAM@@SY30@@AMEPARA M@@SX23 , which featured 3-D color footage of the Mouseketeers, something I've longed to see for a long time. D23 really needs to show this at one of their events. The Fantasyland Theater was still in existence on my first visit to Disneyland in 1980, but, there wasn't time to do it. By the time I returned in 1982, that half of Fantasyland had already gone under the knife for the New Fantasyland redo.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    The Fantasyland Theater also featured for a time, "3-D Jamboree" 3D Jamboree (1956) , which featured 3-D color footage of the Mouseketeers, something I've longed to see for a long time. D23 really needs to show this at one of their events. The Fantasyland Theater was still in existence on my first visit to Disneyland in 1980, but, there wasn't time to do it. By the time I returned in 1982, that half of Fantasyland had already gone under the knife for the New Fantasyland redo.
    Yeow, talk about a blast from the past! I remember the poster for 3D Jamboree, but never saw the film.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast