Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Baloo...I am your Father!

LDS or Mormon night?

I was talking to someone the other day that used to live in SoCal and he said that he would go to DL when they would shut down the park early for LDS or Mormon night once a year. Anyone ever heard of that?

• I'm not really here

Re: LDS or Mormon night?

I have never heard of that one before. Welcome fellow Utahn.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

You mean like Stake Lagoon Day, only at Disneyland?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Disney hosts many "CertainGroupOnly" nights throughout the year. Several years ago i went with a friend of mine on Target night
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Artistic integrity

This is an interesting topic .... as I know Disneyland can host just about any private party (after hours) ... just as long as the sponsors have the cash to pony up for it. I decided to google "Morman - LDS Night at Disneyland" but nothing more recent pops up. There's such a huge "smorgasbord" of different kinds of groups to plan/organize trips .... I can see just about any religious group organizing trips to the Happiest Place On Earth.

But one thing I know for sure ... ...... Organizers should make it a point to never plan an after hours party or mix-in during the day ... whenever a "Gay Day" event happens, or close to it. As one is coming up in October .. and come up about twice a year.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I've heard of it before, but I don't remember the specifics or remember where it was I read about it.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Minion

Welcome fellow Utahn! they do private parties during early closing periods all the time however they are rarely really private as if people figure out there is one they really don't kick anyone out! I have benefited from this before! sometimes pays to listen to your surrounds!

• Dont make me unfriend you

I used to go to Mormon Night when I was a teenager. They had them in the early 1980's. It was a private party when the park was closed to "normal guests" in the early evening and then the park was re-opened at 7pm-8pm something like that.

You had to purchase your tickets in advance at your church. We would go as a youth group. I had a lot of fun going.

EDIT: I lived in Southern california at the time...

They discontinued it in the later 1980's or early 1990's.

About the same time, I remember my dad's company, AT&T, did the same thing. AT&T Night. It was a private party when the tickets at to be purchased in advance at my dad's work.

• Baloo...I am your Father!

Very cool! Thanks everyone for replying!

• I'm not really here

Hey, thanks for the info Garrett240. I had no idea this was ever done. I knew private groups could, but had never heard of a church doing it.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dont make me unfriend you

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie View Post
    (is having visions of thousands of people dressed in suits carrying briefcases, knocking on every door on Main St and New Orleans Square)
    You did see a lot of BYU sweatshirts and T-shirts.

In the 70's and 80's there used to be a bumper sticker that said "I [heart] my family" that was popular with Mormons. I remember on Mormon Night we would see one in the parking lot and say, "Hey look! I wonder if they are Mormon too!" When you are 13 years old, it was pretty funny...Even after the 10th car.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

I'm not a Mormon, but I was invited to one of these nights LONG ago. Good clean fun.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

If people from Florida are called Floridians, and people from Texas are called Texans and people from Nevada are called Nevadians......what are people from Utah called?
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Koubu Pilot

I had found these 2 posters a few years ago. Don't you love the visuals? From what other people have said, these were general posters other organizations or companies used to advertise their private parties. It looks like these Mormon Nights were sponsored by the Institutes of Religion, so the attendees were likely young, single adults ranging in age from 18 to 30. Can you believe those prices?!

• Closed Account

Wow, those posters are beautiful. I especially like the second one because of the way it blends multiple attractions. Such artistic advertising.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast