• Certified in everything

Park Capacity (merged)

Does anyone know what the park capacity for Disneyland is? What about California Adventure? On Veterans Day when I was there it said that the park was full and I was just curious to know how many people it was. Thank for you help!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Park Capacity

Whoops--use other thread!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

•   
    • Minion

Re: Park Capacity

Quote Originally Posted by cruise
    Does anyone know what the park capacity for Disneyland or California Adventure is? Just curious to know the type of crowds that I was dealing with on Veterans Day.
    Darkbeer mentioned it is at 70,000
    Check out my other blog:

Sorry guys I made a little mistake! Please post replies on this thread!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

• Senior Minion

Merged. No problem.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Re: Park Capacity (merged)

It depends on what is in operation... less rides lowers the number... It's between 70-77K.

I also heard from a CM that sometimes they can't shut the park down fast enough, and that as many as 90,000 have been estimated to be in the park at one time). In fact on Friday it was feared that they didn't shut the park fast enough.

• Senior Minion

Last Christmas reportedly hit estimated 85,000. On Christmas day.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Still wants to be a cat!

67000 last Friday is when they finally restricted entry. Summer can go to 75000.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• A Pirate's Life For Me

I heard that on Veterans Day, when the park was at capacity, the rides were operating at only 75% capacity. Is this true? And why would DL do this on such a busy day? Was it related it to the CM "sick out"?

• The Fantasyland guy

that makes sence, the last day to callin a dependant (I believe) was on saturday.

The only time locations were running under capacity last friday was if there was a shortage of labor... since the park estimate was already high most locations were already planning for a busy day, even if it got *more busy* than we planned on.

Speaking in terms of attractions, minus any facilities issues, everything was pretty much running at capacity the entire day.

• CM for 4 years!

It depends on lots of factors.

Like how many restaurants are open. This is why, on a high capacity day, you will see the Mint Julep Bar and Cafe Orleans open (although no Le Petite Patasserie).

Also, attractions many now pull outthe meximum number of "Cars" on a slower day, and in the off season, many "cars" go into refurbishment, so the attractions are running at limited capacity. Or, on a slow day, half of the MAtterhorn bobsleds won't run.

But most importantly, on slow days, the company does not schedule as many cast members as they do on very busy days. Less cast memebrs means less locations are open or running at their fullest capacity, means less guests allowed into the park!

But Cafe Orleans alone can increase capacity by like 400 guests or something.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cruise
    Does anyone know what the park capacity for Disneyland is? What about California Adventure?
    Well, that will be hard to determine, as you'd need to see it filled before the fire mashal would consider inspecting it. And he'd probably think it was a prank call.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by melmel
    It depends on lots of factors.
    But most importantly, on slow days, the company does not schedule as many cast members as they do on very busy days. Less cast memebrs means less locations are open or running at their fullest capacity, means less guests allowed into the park!
    So, basically, when TDA thinks it's going to be a light day and it turns out to be a heavy one, official capacity will be lower than maximum-ever capacity.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Well, that will be hard to determine, as you'd need to see it filled before the fire mashal would consider inspecting it. And he'd probably think it was a prank call.
    True
    Disneyland Wooooh!