• Forgotten Spirit

Smile New Orleans Square fire alarm/evacuation 9/17/10

YouTube - New Orleans Square evacuation (Disneyland 9/17/10)

I caught a couple seconds of the alarm, it was just a false alarm..but still :P Everyone had to evac NoS and the crowd was stopped dead as I plowed my way through the people.

Re: New Orleans Square fire alarm/evacuation 9/17/10

This happens (or at least is reported on MC) about once every 7-10 days. Can someone please do the math and let me know what day this will happen again so I can be on POTC just after the second drop and be required to evacuate?!

• Minion

Maybe its Walt's playing with the alarms.

• I'm from Canada eh!

Yeah, I was dining at the Blue Bayou when the first alarm went off. We were asked to leave...just as the gumbo came!?! Well forget that. Not knowing how long it would be, we took our bowls to go.

Not too long after we got to go back in and finish our meal, then just as we were sighing the bill it went off again. lol Twice in one sitting, what a strange dinner.

•   
    • Support MC - Go GOLD!

isn't this like the 3rd one in the last few weeks
    and about the 5th for the whole summer?
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    This happens (or at least is reported on MC) about once every 7-10 days. Can someone please do the math and let me know what day this will happen again so I can be on POTC just after the second drop and be required to evacuate?!
    Those alarms will never cause evacs. You'll have to hope for something else.

• Captain Pineapple

Having worked in NOS, yes they are quite common... Why? We never know. Sometimes we wonder if its the main kitchen (such as if someone were to burn something, that happens), or something along those lines... but we are never told.

Also, as mrfantasmic said, you won't get evac'd from POTC... they will empty the queue though. When one goes off only restaurants/QSRs/Club 33/Stores/Main Kitchen are evac'd. And because they are quite common, we evac quickly, but sometimes we can straggle (aka if we don't see real smoke we are like "another false alarm.. yay).

• No really, I need AAMS :)

This thread jinxed me... I went to Cafe Orleans today for lunch and sometime around 12:00ish the fire alarm went off before I got any food *sigh*... but it was pretty funny because when the alarm went off about half the staff started laughing, and the other half all deeply sighed
    Hey look, I have a flickr!!!
    I just started so all constructive criticism is appreciated
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/canhasal/

Aladdin A Musical Spectacular
    show count: 133 times

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

So two days in a row? This sounds like a dangerous system. Nothing causes a more dangerous situation than an alarm that is disregarded and laughed at because of so many false alarms...

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    So two days in a row? This sounds like a dangerous system. Nothing causes a more dangerous situation than an alarm that is disregarded and laughed at because of so many false alarms...
    The alarms will NEVER be disregarded. The proper evacuations and SOP will be enforced (and even more quickly so due to experience). However, CMs who have been through this way too many times can have a nervous chuckle, as they know that this means a lot of fire clearance procedures and lost profit before everything can be re-opened again.
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ttztotdca50 View Post
    The alarms will NEVER be disregarded. The proper evacuations and SOP will be enforced (and even more quickly so due to experience). However, CMs who have been through this way too many times can have a nervous chuckle, as they know that this means a lot of fire clearance procedures and lost profit before everything can be re-opened again.
    Disregarded was the wrong word, but my post still stands. False alarms make people lazy as has been seen hundreds of times. Guests will always be moved out quickly but yiu have to agree that getting to used to an emergency alarm only creates a more dangerous situation, not a safer one.