Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Larger Than (After)Life

Re: Whats the deal with the Hat Box Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    Man, don't wanna derail this thread, but TL is in such desperate need of forward-looking, "edutainment"-type attractions. Why couldn't they bring back a revised Adventure Through Inner Space? I'm not talking about trying to resurrect something from the 60s, I mean a new microscopic journey showing us the wonders and perils of nanotechnology. That would be awesome!! Fun ride, forward-looking, plus it would actually fit the Tomorrowland theme!!

Yeah, I know, where are the Pixar characters, you would ask?
    That's why my friends and I refer now to that section of the park as "Tomarketland."

Do not derail this thread's topic. I love reading about me.

• Minion

was their ever video of this effect if so i would like to see it i never really understood what the hatbox ghost is entail someone explained to me on another thread any video for visual concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael808702 View Post
    was their ever video of this effect if so i would like to see it i never really understood what the hatbox ghost is entail someone explained to me on another thread any video for visual concept.
    There is no video. However, you can look up "Hatbox Ghost" at Wikipedia and read a detailed description of the effect. Also, there is an animation of Marc Davis' concept art at http://thehatboxghost.com.

• Minion

Thumbs up Re: Whats the deal with the Hat Box Ghost?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHatboxGhost View Post
    There is no video. However, you can look up "Hatbox Ghost" at Wikipedia and read a detailed description of the effect. Also, there is an animation of Marc Davis' concept art at http://thehatboxghost.com.
    Thanks

• Herr Ducktor!

Man, don't wanna derail this thread, but TL is in such desperate need of forward-looking, "edutainment"-type attractions. Why couldn't they bring back a revised Adventure Through Inner Space? I'm not talking about trying to resurrect something from the 60s, I mean a new microscopic journey showing us the wonders and perils of nanotechnology. That would be awesome!! Fun ride, forward-looking, plus it would actually fit the Tomorrowland theme!!

Yeah, I know, where are the Pixar characters, you would ask?
    That IS a thread all to itself, and perhaps you should start it!

One of the ironies of modern-day Disneyland is that the technology gets more advanced the further you get from Tomorrowland. State-of-the-art AAs? Indiana Jones. Holoscreens and lasers? Fantasmic. Heck, even the railroads are running biodiesel now, as opposed to the old school Autopia vehicles.

[sigh.]

Hey, I just made up a joke

QUESTION:

What ancient, ghastly, skeletal figure shuffles along with
    a dusty, worn-out headcase on his arm?

ANSWER:

LARRY KING!

Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 09-21-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: SPFX

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

Thanks so much. That helped me a lot understand this. I do want him now in the Haunted Mansion, ASAP

• back in Austin

That's why my friends and I refer now to that section of the park as "Tomarketland."

Do not derail this thread's topic. I love reading about me.
    Agreed! And we like talking about you. I'll start a new thread elsewhere.

You know, given the affinity that people have for the hatbox ghost, I'm surprised that WDI hasn't reinstated him with some modern technology by now. Pretty much everyone would applaud that. Can we not figure out a way to make that effect work in 2010??

Can we not figure out a way to make that effect work in 2010??
    I already know how and am in the process of establishing communication with the right people. (I have connections.) WDI has a finished figure ready to go but its installation has been delayed indefinitely, pending a number of factors. However, I doubt that their ghost employs the technology that I have in mind. I think outside the hatbox.

• Pumpkin Dragon

<-------Awesome!!!
    And there is that handsome devil himself <3 (Sorry for taking your avvie though Hattie, Dont take my head)

But answering the question, The obsession is rather hard for myself to say but I think it was the fact that Disney never made people forget him, that he WAS there and he became a Disney Legend in his own right. He was the offical spooksperson for a pin event? (correct me if im wrong) D23 sure said their say on that subject (I think) And Gullimaro Del Toro is doing a new movie (under same title) with Hattie as as a prominent character.
    STOP CHEWING MY SHOELACES! D:

Ahh! The project is on fire! D:
    This fire has delayed our signature redesigning, Excuse the smoke...and the burnt pixie dust...
    I SUPPORT THE RETURN OF THE HATBOX GHOST!

Part of the reason too, I think, is because Disney does continue to market the character, but does not deliver yours ghoully anywhere inside the parks. (Sorry, but the Corridor of Doors photographs don't cut it.) For years, the Hatbox Ghost has been dangled like the proverbial carrot, so to speak. And people love the figure, so they buy the merchandise. But Haunted Mansion fans are sick and tired of the tease and want more than pins and a big fig. We want to see the real deal. And it's one more example of Disney's greater preoccupation with filling company cash registers than park and attraction fans' hearts. Quite frankly, I believe that many of us feel gypped cheated and swindled. I certainly do.
    Last edited by TheHatboxGhost; 09-22-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: PCness (See post #28, below) — and with utmost respect for The Swindles of Boston.

Seems the effect would be easy now, they should put it back.

• Herr Ducktor!

Quite frankly, I believe that a great many of us feel gypped. I certainly do.
    I agree with your sentiments wholeheartedly, HBG. But let me respectfully point out that the use of the term "gypped" is considered insensitive these days. People of Roma heritage (i.e., Gypsies) consider it a slur. I'm sure you didn't intend that--people don't always make the connection--and I hope you won't mind my mentioning it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12