• Banned User

Red Face Anyone else remember Mickey & friends singing at closing time?

I seem to remember way back when I was a little kid, the characters singing the Mickey Mouse club theme song at closing time over the loud speakers on Main St. When and why did this stop??? It always felt like the best bittersweet lullaby as you left the park. "M-I-C, see you real you." Anyone else recall this happening?

Re: Anyone else remember Mickey & friends singing at closing time?

I remember hearing it in the World of Disney Store at closing...would be beautiful if they did this at closing now...

At the trams theres a guy that sings it before it stops to drop the guest off to return to the car

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    I seem to remember way back when I was a little kid, the characters singing the Mickey Mouse club theme song at closing time over the loud speakers on Main St. When and why did this stop??? It always felt like the best bittersweet lullaby as you left the park. "M-I-C, see you real you." Anyone else recall this happening?
    Be great if it returned. Not sure if I remember it (in the park) since I have it on cd.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I remember this too!

YouTube - Disneyland closing time announcements

For some reason I still feel like they do this at Magic Kingdom in WDW? I swear I remember hearing this not too long ago but I'm not too sure which park.

• All-American

The Magic Kingdom at WDW has a small show known as the "Goodnight Kiss" that they play at closing time. It's pretty popular with those that know about it, and I think it's a really nice way to end the night.

YouTube - Goodnight Kiss - Magic Kingdom - Walt Disney World Resort

Maybe Disneyland could do something like that?

• show'em yer larboard side

I think they brought it back for the 50th. I seem to remember getting really excited a few years ago because it reminded me of my childhood. Every time it comes up on my iPod it makes me tear up a little. I'd love it if they played it every night!

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Shubisha

Yeah they were doing it as of a couple years ago. I guess that could've been for the 50th. There was another edited version they'd stuck with that I didn't even realize was gone now.

• The Study of Wumbo

I think every Disney park should have a "Kiss Goodnight" moment. Especially parks that don't have any nighttime spectaculars, (DAK, WDS, DHS on many nights.)
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])