Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

"This has to be put on MiceChat"...said my sister

So here we are folks...right off of our vacation trip to the good Ole Disneyland.......and well as much as I hate to say it.....it didn't really do "it" for me this year.

1. Is it me or did the Jonny Depp version of Captain jack Sparrow look different?

2. Since when did the cast members have an attitude...aka one CM working the raft to pirate island.

3. Since when did I know more about the personal lives of the cast members then I did about Mickey Mouse? Yeah thats right...right in front of my whole family we learned the personal lives of two cast members on MatterHorn......and Pirates.

As much as I love Disneyland I feel that the magic is a little fried for me....I think next year I am going to have to have a different scenery, because DL is just letting the magic slowly fade away.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 09-19-2010 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Mentioned CM by name.

• Hooterville, USA

re: "This has to be put on MiceChat"...said my sister

The "magic" is in your heart. Don't rely on anyone to "make it happen".

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas View Post
    Absolutely in total agreement here....
    No matter how bad things can get outside of disneyland for some reason being in disneyland has a way of brightening up my day...the bad thing is that once you are back home you realize that life is back to normal and the magic is not so prevalent.
    Just went on a wonderful, magical 17th anniversary celebration....today not so magical. How quickly things can change....but life goes on....I must stay positive and create a bit of magic on my own.
    Vacation...Counting Down the Days...Disneyland Here I Come

• Nerd

nice
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Hmm,

For myself, I think to some degree, I pay to make to make it happen. The enviroment is so much a part of what makes Disneyland so magical. I pay for access to that magical enviroment. I think this is what is supposed to set Disney apart from just a place with rides.

Quote Originally Posted by Walt
    You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.
    So with that quote, sure we are all responsible for a little of our own magic, but that also means the staff have to be invested in making magic for the guests.

I absolutely love disneyland, and its the scenery, the foods, the sounds, the smells, the rides, seeing other families/friends being happy that makes me love you. You have to understand that just because you work at disneyland you are not picture perfect.

Say you work at an ice cream shop, should you be expected to only talk about ice cream 24/7 with your coworkers?

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Off topic - this is the primary reason I can't stand Fantasmic!. Disney goes to great lengths to tell us that it is Mickey's imagination, while Disneyland has always been about everyone's individual imagination.

On topic - to the OP please don't mention cm names on here, especially in reference to something negative. Saying someone had an attitude is very subjective. It wouldn't be cool for a cm to be disciplined or perhaps get fired when he or she was just doing their job.

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

I don't completely agree with you. While we certainly get the idea and the 'feeling' of the magic, I think Disney helps us feel it, not just ourselves.

• no flash photography...

Well, I never went o DL looking for "magic", but whatever Disneyland had is fading and I see no reason to go back and watch the slow death.

The texting on cell phones by CM's and the personal conversations I can overlook and it really does not bother me, but I do feel it's inappropriate. Just another area Disney is slipping in.

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by xthinkofmefondly View Post
    Say you work at an ice cream shop, should you be expected to only talk about ice cream 24/7 with your coworkers?
    When customers are in hearing distance...yes!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Off topic - this is the primary reason I can't stand Fantasmic!. Disney goes to great lengths to tell us that it is Mickey's imagination, while Disneyland has always been about everyone's individual imagination.

On topic - to the OP please don't mention cm names on here, especially in reference to something negative. Saying someone had an attitude is very subjective. It wouldn't be cool for a cm to be disciplined or perhaps get fired when he or she was just doing their job.

When the cast member see's that you have two little children ....and yells at you to either hurry and get on or wait..its rude to me. If I wanted to be embarrased I would have asked him to do it...and yes when people are in hearing distance keep the personal talk for the break room...

When I pay up the creek for my family to have a "magical" time...I would like Disneyland to stay with their Motto.....Where Dreams Come true.....the only thing that came true was the horrible service and bad experiences we recieved.

• Closed Account

Then why even bother going to Disneyland?

• Time tells the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs marisa View Post
    So here we are folks...right off of our vacation trip to the good Ole Disneyland.......and well as much as I hate to say it.....it didn't really do "it" for me this year.

2. Since when did the cast members have an attitude...aka one CM working the raft to pirate island.

3. Since when did I know more about the personal lives of the cast members then I did about Mickey Mouse? Yeah thats right...right in front of my whole family we learned the personal lives of two cast members on MatterHorn......and Pirates.

As much as I love Disneyland I feel that the magic is a little fried for me....I think next year I am going to have to have a different scenery, because DL is just letting the magic slowly fade away.
    I went last week with a family that had never been to DL before. I encountered a little of what your talking about...

I was speaking with a CM asking about how I could enhance the experience of the 8 yr's B-day and the CM seemed irritated. I simply said I'm sorry I feel like I'm irritating you. Then the CM quickly responded that they had just started this shift and there were a lot of confusing things going at the moment. The CM then was able to focus on me, was very kind and gave me some great advice. So in that case people are people and a lot of things are really left to interpretation and often can be easily cleared up.

Later we where the only patrons at a food cart waiting for service, we were waiting because 3 CM's were in the middle of a personal discussion and they were totally ignoring us. So that wasn't really acceptable customer service by any standards.

Yes attitude can make a difference in your experiences but there is a reason I call Disneyland my "Happy Place". All the various componets of DL come together to make it "Magical" so if it starts declining in these areas so will the magic.

• Minion

The magic is in the guest, like a flower is latent in a seed or embedded in a bulb. Disneyland provides the environment where the magic can come alive in the guest and bloom. It is the responsibility of the cast members to nourish that environment, not just by operating the machinery of the park or picking up trash or whatever, but by nourishing the social atmosphere with their own mood and attitude. A smile and a friendly conversation is like watering and feeding the flower, encouraging it to bloom. A grouchy, irritated or indifferent attitude is like trampling the flower or spraying it with weed killer. Moods are contagious and cast members should constantly be aware of their own mood and the effect it has on guests.

When I went in August I experienced a little of what msmarisa is referring to. The CM at the ticket gate was extremely unfriendly and told us to hurry up then shook her head in disgrace when we slightly held up her process by reaching for a park map which takes all of 5 seconds. However most of the other CMs I encountered were very friendly. Theres just always that one bad apple...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast