• show'em yer larboard side

WOC Second Show Picnic Meals - When to get in line for them?

My mom and I are planning to get WOC picnic meals next Saturday in order to see the second (10:15) show.

I've scoured the sticky WOC thread and can't seem to find an answer to my question: What time should we get in line at Sonoma Terrace to get our picnic meals? I believe I read somewhere that they go on sale at 11:30. Do they sell out quickly for the second show?

We were thinking of getting there around 11ish, but that means we'll have to skip out on the end of a Destination D panel. We're not opposed to doing that, but would rather not if we don't have to.

Also, we don't think the picnic meals are going to fill us up because we'll probably be pretty hungry after spending the whole morning sitting in the Disneyland Hotel ballroom. We wanted to take the meals to Cove Bar to order some drinks and more substantial food. Is this allowed, or is it like bringing in outside food? Should we finish the picnics before heading to Cove Bar?

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Re: WOC Second Show Picnic Meals - When to get in line for them?

You definitely won't have to leave the panel early - although the picnics eventually sell out, I wouldn't skip out on your Destination D event. You'd still be totally in the clear if you got there at 1.

In terms of whether or not you can eat them at the Cove Bar... I ate mine inside of Taste Pilot's Grill once and had no trouble, but that's a quick service location. To be on the safe side, I would eat them elsewhere before heading to the bar.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• WoC Enthusiast

Don't worry about leaving the Destination D event early. They rarely sell out now because WoC already been running for a few months so the crazy madness for the picnics is not a big deal now as most people just opt for the free fastpass ticket after seeing the show once.

As long as you get there in the afternoon, it'll be fine.

W
    orld Of Color count -- 7 times

• show'em yer larboard side

Thank you guys so much! While I love spontaneity, I certainly didn't want to show up at Sonoma Terrace at 1 to find out the picnics were gone. MCers are just so helpful!

"No fear have ye of evil curses, says you? Properly warned ye be, says I. Who knows when that evil curse will strike the greedy beholders of this bewitched treasure?"

DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES

"Perhaps ye knows too much. Ye've seen the cursed treasure, ye know where it be hidden. Now, proceed at yer own risk. These be the last friendly words ye'll hear. Ye may not survive to pass this way again."